Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Academy of the Young Gods (OOC and Sign Up Thread)  (Read 2965 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Academy of the Young Gods (OOC and Sign Up Thread)
« on: February 07, 2020, 03:02:12 am »

For countless eons, the great beings of the multiverse have sent their offspring and particularly favored mortals to study under the enigmatic and frighteningly powerful Emperor of Scholars at the Academy of Divine Harmony, which sits upon The Plane of Qiángdà, The Emperor's personal small but densely populated pocket realm brimming with hapless mortals and fearsome beasts that the young pupils must attempt to fight and rule over as they are nurtured to grow into proper gods and goddesses. Graduates of this prestigious school often go on to inherit (or conqueror) entire pantheons, create new universes, and successfully fight back the most terrifying forms of cosmic evil. Failures and dropouts, however, rarely make it out alive.

Fortune must smile upon you, for you have been recommended by a local god of your homeland and selected by The Emperor of Scholars himself. Next term, you will enter the academy as part of the incoming freshman class. Leave your mark upon The Plane of Qiángdà, survive your fellow students, excel in your studies, and your future will surely have no limits!

What is This?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Application/Character Sheet:

Courses Available to Incoming Freshmen:

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Academy of the Young Gods (OOC and Sign Up Thread)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 03:06:28 am »

Name: Lu, Brother of Monsters, Cousin to Giants, and Firstborn of the Deep Gods
Origin: Birthed

Parents:

Father (Divine): Auruga
Auruga was a holy god of the giant-kin. He was the largest of the giant gods. Auruga was a heroic god, who went on many adventures and fought many battles in his youth. As a result of his reckless nature, he made many mistakes and enemies, along with close allies, over the eons. Auruga was big, even for a giant. His muscled girth and height drew attention from his balding head and rosey cheeks.

Mother (Divine): Hiara
Hiara was a darker god, who ruled over parts of the underworld. Hiara was known to many as the monster smith, for she made many of the most dangerous and unusual creatures that plagued this world. Hiara is tall and slender, and quite beautiful. Her skin is black and glossy, as if made of polished obsidian, but her eyes and hair shine like cold diamonds.

Miracles Per Turn: 3
Interactions Per Turn: 1

Boons: These are divine powers/artifacts/minions created by the GM. Birthed Characters start with one boon from each of their parents. Created characters start with four boons, two from their parent, and two based on their backstory. Leave this blank for now.

Appearance: Lu is lithe and muscular, having a blend between his parent's physique. He possess the dense hard muscle of an athlete, unlike the hulking muscles of his father. This gives him a limber frame and a bit of a leanness to him. Though his crystalline hair and eyes are distinctly his mother's, they are tinted a smokey white, similar to his father's white beard. His skin is grey and hard, like the stones of the deepest earth.

Personality: Lu is surprisingly nice. While physically he takes more after his mother, his personality is more akin to his father. He tends to gravitate towards others who are kind, and rarely will say something bad about anyone. Yet, those who do invoke his wrath find themselves against an incredibly cold enemy.

Goals/Beliefs: Lu is greatly interested in creation. He has spent a great many days and nights watching his mother work, crafting monsters and creatures, learning of how they work. But he's taken that interest a step farther, while his mother, and Lu to some degree, see the act of creation as art, many of her beasts die. Lu understands that living things exist within systems, and those systems are what truly interest him. Yet, occasionally he will be struck by his father's wanderlust, to explore the world and see what sights there are to see, what mysteries there are to uncover.

Backstory: Lu's inception was the result of a great defeat of his father. In ages past, his father slew a great many monster's created by his mother. Yet, when the time came that he stormed her castle to defeat her and end the monstrous threat upon his people, he could not. He had fallen in love at the first sight of her. He asked her for her hand in marriage, and she, feeling similarly, accepted. It wasn't long before the two mellowed eachother's worst tendencies. Hiara's monsters were left to the wild places, only occasionally attacking humans and other mortal races. And Aurugo spent more time at home, less questing and mayhem riddled adventures. Lu was born to his parent's during this period, deep in the depths of hell. He had many siblings, almost all of them monstrous, but was the first child born to the pair that was more giant than monster. He grew up in this home, learning of creation and divinity, while taking trips up to the surface world with his father, the divine equivalent of camping. 

Class Schedule:
Introduction to Divine Miracles
Genesis I: Mortal Biology and Eugenics

Desired Traits of First Follower: Dragon
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:28:30 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 04:32:47 am »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 11:38:04 am »

Bonus note: In true Chinese Zodiac you are born with four  signs. Year, Month, Hour and Day. Example, I am Double Rat ( year and month) Hour is Dog, Day is Monkey. Just random tidbit.

Character sign up below.

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 11:58:07 am »

PTW
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 05:35:07 pm by UristMcRiley »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 12:53:44 pm »

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 10:39:53 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 01:07:45 pm »

Spoiler: The Sheet of Madness (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Image Representation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:48:23 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 01:45:37 pm »

Please let the non-godgame players in?

Anyway..

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 06:03:31 pm by TricMagic »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 04:05:47 pm »

How much divine experience should we have? I notice we're not supposed to declare ourselves the god of anything, but we're supposed to have been up to something prior to being accepted.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 04:07:39 pm »

How much divine experience should we have? I notice we're not supposed to declare ourselves the god of anything, but we're supposed to have been up to something prior to being accepted.

Anything is fine, so long as you are not building your own worlds and smiting multiversal evil. If the instructors notice you are more advanced, they might eventually put you in more difficult courses though.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 04:12:37 pm »

Rein is effectively one of the four Sister Gods in her Universe, though her own ability is mostly limited to mortal ability.

Granted, none of them really have much god experience in the first place. Rein is just the one with the Power Source of their Parent. While the other three had NachtWal's abilities based on order of importance.

Power without control or skills can't do much.

On the other hand, sheet is done for me.

Nin~

No, Rein can't really build worlds currently, her sisters tend to handle that stuff. Angaben is good at that, and the other two help.

Go ahead and play pick the reference. Kinda dark though how it ended up that way.

As a side note, the Parenthesis is just the meaning of their names.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 04:25:05 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 05:14:51 pm »

Soooooooo
What needs to be done about the fact that I accidentally made “Abe’s character except more”?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 05:43:49 pm »

Spoiler: Dun, the Flesh Tinker (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 05:46:45 pm »

Soooooooo
What needs to be done about the fact that I accidentally made “Abe’s character except more”?

Honestly, I really like both your character and Abe's character as they are. You are right to think they are similar however, and it may be hard for me to justify putting them both in. Perhaps one of you could tweak the personality a bit to differentiate them?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 06:17:21 pm »

: Checks: I see a saturation of draconic themed beings. Willing to re write for another Young God in training. Two based on real myth, two the divine parent is made up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4