Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 110921 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2020, 06:48:28 pm »

Code: [Select]
[WORLD_GEN]
[TITLE:DWARF HELL WORLD]
[DIM:129:129]
[EMBARK_POINTS:1504]
[END_YEAR:1050]
[BEAST_END_YEAR:200:80]
[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:1]
[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:0]
[ELEVATION:299:301:1600:1600]
[RAINFALL:0:0:200:200]
[TEMPERATURE:25:75:200:200]
[DRAINAGE:0:100:200:200]
[VOLCANISM:0:100:200:200]
[SAVAGERY:0:100:200:200]
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:4:2:0:1:0:1]
[RAIN_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[POLE:NORTH_AND_OR_SOUTH]
[MINERAL_SCARCITY:2500]
[MEGABEAST_CAP:18]
[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:37]
[TITAN_NUMBER:9]
[TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:0:100000]
[DEMON_NUMBER:1]
[NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:14]
[BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:14]
[NIGHTMARE_NUMBER:14]
[VAMPIRE_NUMBER:14]
[WEREBEAST_NUMBER:14]
[WEREBEAST_ATTACK_TRIGGER:50:5000:50000]
[SECRET_NUMBER:0]
[REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:28]
[DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:28]
[EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:14]
[EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:14]
[GENERATE_DIVINE_MATERIALS:1]
[ALLOW_DIVINATION:1]
[ALLOW_DEMONIC_EXPERIMENTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_EXPERIMENTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_LIEUTENANTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_GHOULS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_SUMMONS:1]
[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:6:63:0]
[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:6:63:0]
[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN:3]
[PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:0]
[COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:4]
[VOLCANO_MIN:1]
[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:66:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:66:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:264:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:528:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:528:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:16:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:33:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:528:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:528:0:0]
[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT:250]
[RIVER_MINS:25:25]
[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES:1]
[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION:1]
[SUBREGION_MAX:2750]
[CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:3]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:100]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1:1]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND:15]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1:5]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5:2]
[LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM:1]
[CAVE_MIN_SIZE:5]
[CAVE_MAX_SIZE:25]
[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:15]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:25]
[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE:0]
[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL:2]
[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:24]
[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION:15000]
[SITE_CAP:1040]
[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED:1]
[ELEVATION_RANGES:8000:1056:528]
[RAIN_RANGES:528:1056:528]
[DRAINAGE_RANGES:528:1056:528]
[SAVAGERY_RANGES:528:1056:528]
[VOLCANISM_RANGES:528:1056:528]

The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2020, 10:08:23 am »

For me, in vanilla DF, that world doesn't generate without rejections, and eventually stops generating due to lack of peaks. 
But it's possible, I suppose, that something other than a demon is leading (in whatever random world eventually might generate) that goblin civ, given all the nasties in the world.
Try this worldgen below, UselessMcMiner, and let me know if it works for you.  It should meet your goal of just dwarven civs and then you can try various other choices to determine if you can influence HFS breaching.
It creates two dwarven civs, with 1 demon type.  If you increase the number of demons to 2, you'll get one dwarven civ and one goblin civ.  Otherwise, it should generate worlds without rejections ~100% of the time.
Spoiler: no-gobbos-2 (click to show/hide)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2020, 04:15:52 pm »

Here's something I haven't seen before.
Dead dwarven civ.  Verified after embark, empty civ screen.
Only a single goblin and single Dwarven civ have ever been in the world, as far as I can tell.  Seven total sites in the world.
Upon embark, prior to the end of the embark month (by default, Granite 15 is embark day), three goblins will visit the fort, if you create a tavern immediately after embarking.
So, here's the example..
  Pick an embark site (I checked several 2x2's in various rocky wastelands).  I used "Play Now!" for the profile.
  Create a zone on the surface (I use max size, but smaller works too), make it a meeting area, assign a location, and make it a Tavern/Inn.
  After one day has passed (sometimes two days), so Granite 15,16,17, three goblin visitors will be in the Tavern area.  8)  Typically a Poet, Bard, and/or Dancer.  But sometimes a Goblin Thief, instead.
Spoiler: gobvis6 (click to show/hide)
Note that this does NOT appear to work with entirely Sinister embarks/biomes, in this world.  Visitors simply will not show up.
Everywhere else (calm/non-sinister) seems to be fine, though, and mixed biome (some sinister, some not) embarks also work fine. 
You can even create the Tavern/Inn zone in the sinister part of the mixed-biome embark, and it still works.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2020, 07:44:46 pm »

Please explain elevation frequency Mesh and its 5 part ratio?
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:2:1:0:0:0:1]
when,
[ELEVATION:299:301:400:400]

The mesh fails in 1-80 and 320-400 elevations, where it calls for 1s
In 299-301, it calls for zeros which nulls the 2x2 mesh, yielding a static unmeshed 400 by 400 spline.
Anotherwords, same worldgen results would occur, with these settings, but worldgen would churn its kettle less,
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:1:0:0:0:0:0]

I wanna say this is the goal you are seeking,
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:2:0:5000:5000:0:0]

I hope that helps.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2020, 12:25:11 am »

I mostly just wanted to /ego this, but I can contribute some small to medium worlds.  I generate worlds fairly often, so it helps to have small maps that I can produce quickly.  Its also nice to have real frames for intensive work.

Spoiler: 129x65 wide continent (click to show/hide)
I am super happy with this gen.  It reliably generates worlds I consider balanced and interesting.

Spoiler: 257x65 super wide (click to show/hide)
Happy with this one too, but I cant help but feel like its too wide without being tall enough to generate quality worlds.  Still happy though.

Spoiler: 129x129 (click to show/hide)
This one needs some tlc, but it can and does generate what I want.  What I want from this larger map is different than the other two; thats part of my issue with it.  As a square map I want more depth to my mountains, and its harder to balance the forests swamps.  And the mountains themselves are harder to mold.

The world Im currently using is the 129x129 one.  In it all of my 'savage' civilizations are generating north of the mountains, leaving elf, human, and dwarf below it.  I have 2 civs Ive added that, along with the goblins, occupy most of the space north of the mountains.  Its thematically cool, and makes me want to play.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2020, 07:35:21 pm »

For some reason that world gen still doesn't make clowns appear eventually, even after running the world for 5000 years with 15 civilizations the circus never arrives.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2020, 11:05:30 pm »

Ok, so what indication are you looking for (in what file or memory variable) that indicates that goal?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2020, 11:13:21 pm »

Sounds like he wants to use the new 'underworld mining disaster' tag.

wherein a dwarf civ (the only one who can do it at this point) accidentally unleashes hell during worldgen.  I dont know much about what actually increases the odds of worldgen forts falling to demons, other than the tag itself.

Most likely several prosperous dwarven civs.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2020, 04:52:06 pm »

Do they have to be prosperous? Or can they just have one site?

Obsidian 1053

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2020, 05:34:23 pm »

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but..
This worldgen, if you export the legends, has a breach event, and a DEMON_ attacking a dwarf. (around event id's 2246 - 2255)
Spoiler: breach1? (click to show/hide)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2020, 06:50:03 pm »

I think the issue is with generating only one type of clown, It seems that not having any intelligent species of demon causes a horde of goblins to appear, and not any clowns, so thats lame.

EDIT: Checking, so the goblins do have demons in the world where a bunch of goblins appeared out of nowhere, so are they only lead by a demon if there is an intelligent species of demon?

Obsidian 1053

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2020, 08:01:33 pm »

There's no dark fortress, so there's no goblin civ in the classic/normal sense.
It seems like they took over one of the existing dwarven fortresses after the breach. 
203 goblins and 50 spirits of fire as residents, but no civ name.

779 creature_id: DEMON_1 name is: spirit of fire
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:GAS]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
[DESCRIPTION:A great tarantula composed of flame.  It has a pair of spindly antennae and it has a bloated body.  Beware its poisonous bite!]

Feel free to research further and post your results.  At least you have a breach to study.  :o

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2020, 09:35:15 pm »

@vjek, have ya tried a long history with an extreme volcanism setting, to tilt worlgen towards generating that breach, as circus is reached via magma and its candy tubes, usually? Volcanism frequency may play a very crucial factor. Something along the lines of all volcanism and none. [VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:5000:0:0:0:5000]
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2020, 01:02:54 am »

@vjek, have ya tried a long history with an extreme volcanism setting, to tilt worlgen towards generating that breach, as circus is reached via magma and its candy tubes, usually? Volcanism frequency may play a very crucial factor. Something along the lines of all volcanism and none. [VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:5000:0:0:0:5000]
I fail to see any connection between volcanism and breaches. I pre history world gen DF places goblin civs without any known connection to volcanism, while during history they're released when dwarven civs decide to dig too greedily. The only connection between the underworld and the rest of the world is through candy spires. These spires pierce the SMR and always go through the magma sea, which allows dorfs to process them carelessly. The presence of a volcano or magma tube is mutually exclusive with the presence of a spire in a Mid Level Tile (the spire gets shifted to a different MLT).
Sure, clowns can move from a breach to magma forges and swim up through a volcano to the surface, but they can just as well take the stairs/ramps the dorfs made when making the breach.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2020, 12:27:41 am »

And the magma sea, need not be in the cellar. If magma was not forced onto the bottom z-levels, in worldgen, and volcanism set to extremes, the ramps up/down, within candy spires would be stretched/condensed, considerably more, providing for far thinner puncture points, or far greater, but those thick puncture points can be discarded. For breaching, thin is desired, near surface candy is desired, the more surface candy near the surface, the greater chance of a breach event as history unravels.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32