Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Hero Saga: Out of Character Thread  (Read 7334 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Hero Saga
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2020, 09:17:17 pm »

Glad to hear. Anything you want to see tweaked for next time? What did you enjoy most? What was least engaging?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2020, 09:34:05 pm »

If you (any) would like to drop out. Please let me know now, so I can determine how to respond to losing a player.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2020, 09:48:28 pm »

Though I do slightly regret the way I chose to do things in hindsight, it's not like I could start over with the same character and power and just re-do my last few actions.
So yes, I would like to continue

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2020, 10:00:20 pm »

I would like to continue as well

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2020, 11:05:17 pm »

Though I do slightly regret the way I chose to do things in hindsight, it's not like I could start over with the same character and power and just re-do my last few actions.
So yes, I would like to continue
It is still a little blurry what you can accomplish in a week. We may see things more defined as roleplaying and weekly activities, separately, as the game evolves. I am considering if some Arms Race like elements might be interesting for character progression. Would players be interested if I made avatars with emotes, or would that be a hassle?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2020, 03:31:25 am »

I would also like to continue.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2020, 04:14:16 am »

Any tweaks to request?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2020, 04:38:05 am »

I can't think of any.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2020, 08:00:28 am »

Me neither. I like that you liked one of my creations enough to add it.  :)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2020, 03:24:16 pm »

with ZL I try to make it feel pretty free, but everyone had big dreams. It took a couple of games to deliver on one.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2020, 06:51:12 am »

Game will start in a few days, maybe tomorrow. In the future I may take a down time between sessions to host something else and take a break from Hero Saga. The medals have been assigned for last chapter. Thanks for playing.

Quote from: Meta Medals

Player to Player
Aubriella Downs: 0
Huxley Rivers: 1
Vanadia: 2 ★

Times Skipped
Aubriella Downs: 0 ★
Huxley Rivers: 1
Vanadia: 0 ★

This time I have chosen the Roleplaying Award will go to Huxley Rivers! ★

Aubriella Downs: ★
Huxley Rivers: ★
Vanadia: ★ ★

Par: ☆

I will call the Prologue: Genesis.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:52:29 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2020, 07:55:17 am »

So we will do this chapter. Then for the next chapter I will be looking for 3 new players. This story will take place in a different district, and I intend for the players of First District to be able to resume right at the moment they left off at a later point. By having new players I will be able to see where the rules are lacking explanation and have new eyes to see any problems with the game. I hope this makes this decision clear. Please make the most of this chapter before this transition. Good luck and have fun.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2020, 05:40:44 pm »

[Aubriella Downs', Vanadia's, and Huxley Rivers' weekly action was interrupted by the Crisis Event. You may redo it, do a different one, or skip your turn.]
which crisis event, the Scarlet Horror?
Yup.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2020, 10:37:20 pm »

Reminder About OOC/IC
Now that we are out of the prologue, let's make an extra effort to keep all Out-Of-Character(OOC) comments and questions, including questions about how your powers work, out of the In-Character(IC) thread. Post them here, or PM them.

I am happy to answer simply questions about your powers. You do not need to actually spend entire turns to get these answers, just ask. This chapter will have much greater consequences for how you choose to spend your time, so spend it wisely!

1 Week = 1 Action
Starting with this chapter I am going to simplify what you can accomplish in a week, for my own sanity, and to lessen the disadvantage to less active players.

If you participate in a crisis event, your week activity is canceled.

Roleplaying will take up your weekly activity. You may still have a prolonged interaction with NPCs (and these could trigger a crisis event) but you will no longer see my "[You may choose another action.]" notifications. Because you no longer can.

This may seem odd that something that probably took up 10 minutes of in-game time would use up a week, but the alternative is implying you did potentially infinite roleplaying encounters precisely at the start of your week, then used the rest to perform the activity. Any one of those roleplaying encounters (or a crisis event) could have persuaded your character to do something else, so it also doesn't make sense they commit to something at the start of a week and ignore what other encounters they have throughout the week and don't consider responding to it.

So I guess the time consumption implies setting up those roleplaying meetups, tracking the person, ect. I find this a lot better to live with than any alternative.

Depending on what people are doing and what is happening in the world, there can still be multiple events. And there could be roleplaying encounters branching off each of them.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2020, 07:22:44 am »

I guess I'll go to school and see what kind of extracurricular actives they have,

You are rich enough that anything they don't have, you can likely get private lessons for.

Some trainable combat skills might be
-fencing
-gymnastics
-equestrian
-archery
-monster biology
-robotics
-track and field

To name a few.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:24:52 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough