Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [47.04] Dwemer Fortress 2020 (The Elder Scrolls) - with MEPH tileset now  (Read 26136 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]

I finally got a world to gen! I've embarked on a place with no trees though.. Even when breaching into the first cavern layer there is no mushroom-trees or cavern-trees to cut down...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The trees should be there, I checked a few times :).

Can you just in case take a look at the main folder and see if you have any errorlog.txt created? Maybe something went wrong for you.

P.S. Does your subterranean layer have water? Maybe it's the SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM area which I did not populate with plants/roots/trees, and it's easy to change.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The cavern I breached does have water. Its good that I've got a water source and a fishing zone, but I still don't have much in the way of bedding though.

Also I don't have that much errors at all. Actually its so minuscule I don't need to even spoiler it. I must've just embarked in a bad place and I wasn't paying attention:

errorlog.txt - path fail: imperial,135,90,107 -> 134,90,109: Id #16395:Path Goal Seek Station Flood:Station None at 134,90,109

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, those are normal errors not caused by mod. I will check what's going on, in all my attempts to breach the caverns they had trees just fine. But I will check on a few worlds.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

@Pvt. Pirate: sorry, didnt have time to recompile the options .EXE file to add extra fancy materials back in yet, got carried away with another fun stuff, but I will be remembering to do it :).

RELEASE 10:

- Graphics version only: removed growth from some wheat-like plants for their sprites to look nice.

- Changed dragon souls/dragon soul fragments into tools/soulgem material, in preparation for future enchantment work.

- Added "Thuum shrine" to Fortress Mode. You can now crack those dragon souls into fragments and teach your dwarves shouts, which renames them to "dragonborn". Requires Temperature to be ON, as it uses a poofing stone to pass on the syndrome.
- You can now dig up "dragon fossil" rare mineral in Fortress mode and use it to extract a dragon soul, so you could benefit from the feature without living dragons attacking your fort. If you buy a "dragon fossil mug" from some uneducated traders, you can use that too.

P.S. Careful with FIRE BREATH shout, it can melt your own dwarves.

@Lidku: I am sorry I cannot help more, all my worldgens generate fine and I can see trees in all my layers:

Maybe you are unlucky with the worldgen seeds? :(

According to the raws, the trees should be in first layer just fine:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:35:49 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah its totally a bad one on my end only. I settled in a place with [FEW TREES], but apparently "few trees" means no trees at all. When I get back on I'll probably deconstruct the wagon and only have three beds until I can import more wood. Derp :P

Dusk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Heyo, dunno if it's been changed since I last played (tested this mod out a few weeks ago, glad to see you got better and are back on top of things), but I recall killing off my first adventure character by drowning as an argonian.  Just wondering if that's intentional or not, cos I'm so used to argonians having waterbreathing in TES proper.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Good point, I forgot that they should be amphibian. I will fix that.
Although in some TES games it was a temporary power, but nothing stops us from giving them this feature to make adventuring as one fun.

Khajiit should also probably have a better low light vision.

I was focused on a bigger scale stuff, but now it makes sense to adjust some minor but important features.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh! I just remembered something! Can you make it so that the Dwemer can craft stone beds? I distinctly remember they did this and didn't even use wooden beds at all. This will solve my wood dilemma too, lol

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god.. Thats alot of Namira Rot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Whelp my fortress is probably done for now. 1 Giant Spider is cleaning up house. Already killed two people and the "monster hunters" that came as soon as I breached this cavern aren't doing jack. GG

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 02:59:28 pm by Lidku »

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i've got a tamriel world gen file for dwarf fortress from a couple years ago... i think this might be of interest to some of you: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11967

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Woo, that looks interesting as hell. Thanks a lot, I will include it and put you in the top of the first post in credits.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i downloaded the mod and tried my tamriel world gen but it seems to be having issues placing farming entities:

> Tamriel, region1: Placed farming entity without non-orchard crops

i suspect there's some problem placing the custom plants, so i haven't had any luck generating a world with these tamriel params and this mod.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Interesting, thanks for the report. I believe I have some biomes missing plants for civs with farming, I will try to hunt it down.

I have trouble understanding the error message though.
"Placed farming entity without non-orchard crops"
WITHOUT NON-ORCHARD CROPS?

Does it mean that EVERY crop is ORCHARD crop? So no crops for fields? I will probably have to google it around.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:15:46 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ahha, I think I know what it is. I have no good/evil farmable plants in the mod, that probably throws some good entities off. I will implement a fix shortly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9