Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Aftermath (Turn 2)  (Read 2314 times)

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aftermath
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 08:06:37 pm »

You can add 3 stats to the default 5, so 15 default, 3 more so 18 total stats before you can trade stats, subtracting 1 stat to increase a different stat by 1. After all of this, apply racial bonuses and penalties
I am confused. But after rereading how stat distribution works. It says that I can actually subtract as many stat as long as it doesn't go lower than 1, and I can also add 3 strat.

So basically I can move most of my stats to charisma. Basically I can gain 28 charisma early on.

We would need OP to confirm
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:11:37 pm by invul_nerable »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 08:18:08 pm »

you could have this
Stats:
   Str: 1
   Agi: 1
   Int: 1
   Tou: 1
   Awa: 1
   Cha: 28
For max Charisma

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:29 am »

You can add 3 stats to the default 5, so 15 default, 3 more so 18 total stats before you can trade stats, subtracting 1 stat to increase a different stat by 1. After all of this, apply racial bonuses and penalties
I am confused. But after rereading how stat distribution works. It says that I can actually subtract as many stat as long as it doesn't go lower than 1, and I can also add 3 strat.

So basically I can move most of my stats to charisma. Basically I can gain 28 charisma early on.

We would need OP to confirm
...yep, no, sorry, ignore me. I got confused.

Sorry. :p
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 02:02:15 am »

Starting tomorrow.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 08:27:57 am »

((This will mostly be a short introductory turn explaining how the characters got together. Later turns will have more fluff and dialogue.))

The group arrives at the fort. Its old stone block walls with wooden supports rise high above you. The sky is gray with clouds.

Akan Eri:
After an escape from a zombie ambush, you have found a large above-ground castle. You enter it, however, the guards seem to mostly ignore you. You notice a few other adventurers, as well as some locals who seem to be of species you haven't seen before, such as horned humans or dragon-people. Buildings inside the castle include the castle lord's keep, a warehouse, a dining hall, and an entrance to the cellar.

Asha:
You got lost in the wilderness and wandered for days until you found a fort. You enter it and the guards ask you who you are and what led you here. What do you answer?

Durg:
It was a normal day at the fort. You were working on a new throne for the lord when a group of adventurers appeared outside of the keep. You did not see them before.

Eureka:
After a long journey, you have arrived at this fort in search of your parents. Maybe your beauty may help you find them. The guards haven't noticed you yet.

Joe:
While hunting a moose you have stumbled upon a fort. You didn't see any signs of civilization in a long time. The guards look at you with suspicion however they are not acting hostile.

What do you do?

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aftermath (Turn 1)
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 08:52:11 am »

"I'm Asha. I got lost while wandering the forest and ended up here. Will you allow me to stay?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 09:20:45 am »

Eri will go to the dining hall. He’s tired, and frankly more than a bit hungry. Hunting is hard when the zombies scare away your prey, and half the deer are undead themselves.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2020, 09:23:47 am »

"I'm Asha. I got lost while wandering the forest and ended up here. Will you allow me to stay?"
Eureka poked Asha, "That's not how it is done sis." She interjects.

"Hello humble guards of the fort allow me to introduce myself..." She bowed. "My name is Eureka of Brettannia, I am here along with my protector--" she looked at Asha at the corner of her eye. "--is in a middle of a quest, we are in dire need of place to stay."

"We are in need of food, shelter and clothing and we can pay you handsomely for your services, can you please allow us to seek refuge in your humble fort even just for the night?"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:27:01 am by invul_nerable »

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2020, 11:03:47 am »

Posting so the notification thing appears. Might play later.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2020, 09:57:36 pm »

Joe wave at the guards. "Hello fellow people, I hadn't seen civilization in such of long time. My name is Joe, and can I be allowed into this safe haven?"
Basically introduce myself and ask to be allowed in

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 05:44:14 am »

I can see what the new people are here about when I'm finished with the lord's throne and I get payed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 05:06:29 am »

Updating today.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2020, 11:06:05 am »

Sorry, I was sick. Updating tomorrow for real and it will be a big update.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2020, 05:36:38 am »

Akan:
You enter the dining hall. There are many people inside, and smoke from torches fills the room. The cook says that there was an excess of food prepared by accident, and, as such, even non-citizens of The Red Mountains (the name of the kingdom that controls the castle) are given free food.

A dish of salad and fruit is served. After you eat and enjoy it, you hear a bell ring outside.

Asha:
You introduce yourself to the guards...
I'm Asha. I got lost while w--
Eureka interrupts you and introduces you both in a much better way. The guards, charmed by your speech, allow you to enter and stay. The captain of the guards also promises to provide you with reasonable amounts of equipment for your quest if you tell him what it is.

Joe:
The guards look at you weirdly, however they let you in. As you enter, you see a large crowd of people inside the castle, just outside of the lord's keep. Somebody in the crowd seems to be giving a speech or warning, but you can't quite tell what it is. The sky also seems to be a bit darker despite the sun being high up.

Durg:
You decide to keep working on the throne.

Some time passes as you nail the boards together...

[5+2+5-5=7]

The throne is complete. The lord, Aro Sumostkara, thanks you and gives you five silver coins. ((Inventory updated)). You walk outside, and the adventurers seem to be a group of an elf, a leech-person, and two humans. Maybe you should ask them why they are here.

What do you do?

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aftermath (Turn 2)
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2020, 09:26:34 am »

Go watch the adventurers and see what their doing before I approach them, and see whats for sale around the fort.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3