Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478741 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:New Year, New Variant Edition
« Reply #6540 on: February 16, 2022, 09:44:50 am »

Whichever variant of COVID I managed to catch, this is the sickest I've been in my life. I try to be safe, got vaxxed, wear a mask, etc. But my employer doesn't see any reason why customers should have to do the same, so I regularly get exposed. I've had a few times in the last few years where I've been sick with an unknown illness that might well have been COVID, and this is the second time I've been sick for over a week. But reasonable precautions aren't acceptable.

The news is doing another push right now telling people that they should be tired of caring, and just go back so the economy returns to normal. At best, the people in charge are willing to let everyone get sick and die to make more money. At worst, they've noticed that poor, old, or disabled people are dying faster, and it's eugenics.

I haven't even been able to go to a hospital for what are now old injuries, because the hospitals haven't had capacity here due to all of the COVID patients.

I'm sick of not being able to live my life, because so few people (and none of the people who make decisions) are willing to take responsibility.

Edit: Especially good to note that we have 2 years of experience that shows that there is no "get sick then you're immune". It's a virus that mutates fast enough that if everyone gets it, there are suddenly several more variants. Not spreading the disease is the only solution.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:49:52 am by Iduno »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: February 20, 2022, 04:19:34 pm »

Queen Elizabeth has tested positive for corona.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: February 20, 2022, 04:25:29 pm »

My God! How did that even happen? She should be the most protected person on earth.

People have often joked about the queen living too long, but it's still sad to consider that she make actually go this time.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: February 20, 2022, 04:56:36 pm »

Queen Elizabeth has tested positive for corona.
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1495377711405015046

I am sorry for her.  Not even monarchs deserve covid.  Though perhaps I could save my sympathy for people without her level of medical care.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: February 20, 2022, 05:28:51 pm »

Though it isn't done yet, parts of the UK are within a few weeks of nobody needing to do anything about infections, no legal requirement to (nor support for) isolation if you happen to be tested, and (in England at least) they're looking to stop all the free testing too.

And already many people are lapsing into post-pandemic behaviour, misunderstanding the possible continuing dangers of an endemic. (Endemic malaria isn't a walk in the park, but there's the "it's just a bad cold" mentality. Never mind those for whom even a cold aint 'just' anything.)

Anyway, Prince Charles and later Camilla both tested positive, as reported. Even if it wasn't either of them, directly infecting Mummy(in-law), there could easily have been a contact-of-a-contact-of-a-contact of some deputy-bottle-washer at Windsor, and from there it rattled around the rather limited Royal Household to eventually reach HM. And no testing regime is entirely waterproof/immediately conclusive, so it maybe was a matter of time. But I'm not sure it helps that it's helpfully being spread around by the more casual attitude that's been increasing outside in the not-so-sequestered world.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 05:41:13 pm by Starver »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: February 20, 2022, 05:41:52 pm »

She always had a corona on her head.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: February 21, 2022, 01:27:34 am »

not always. Sometimes it's just a giant floppy hat. :)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: February 21, 2022, 09:10:00 am »

You merely adopted the corona. She was born under it, molded by it.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: February 21, 2022, 09:21:37 am »

Let's hope it doesn't mold her, probably?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: February 21, 2022, 10:29:13 am »

Or can we say Covid-19 got Queen Elizabeth?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: February 21, 2022, 11:42:24 am »

Depends, has there been a corona ceremony?

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: February 21, 2022, 11:45:24 am »

All I know is that if she manages to get over this we all can stop pretending and just crown her Inmortal Emperor of Mankind.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: February 21, 2022, 11:50:21 am »

Isn't she a bit old for a gender transition treatment?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: February 21, 2022, 02:18:53 pm »

Meh, she is the closest thing well ever had. So now let's conscript in the Human navy to plunder some Martian gold. And our ration of grog of course.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: February 21, 2022, 03:34:03 pm »

The C.D.C. Isn’t Publishing Large Portions of the Covid Data It Collects
(archive)

"As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 459