Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478834 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Well they were out of tests and I hit a roe deer on my way back so I guess I should have stayed at home :(
Be careful. Deer are covid carriers.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

We covered our highway network in wildlife over- and underpasses just about everywhere where there are more than 5 trees nearby, because roe deer are notoriously stupid when it comes to avoiding 4-wheeled danger.

I can't decide whether to respond with the usual hehe-the-Netherlands-is-so-tiny "Unfortunately we have more than four kilometres of highway so it's not possible here" or the more fun fact that nowadays there are more roe deer hits in urban areas than in the rurals over here ;)
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Given that you're all underwater, surely you're more likely to collide with salmon roe than roe deer!

Spoiler: Memories... (click to show/hide)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

New variant in France. This time is the Omelette Du Fromage variant. 47 known mutations, and is very rude to the other variants that come from ourside France.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like all we need is a to yell loud enough to scare that variant into surrendering and retreating back to France.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

So, the solution to Covid is... cats?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only if you prefer the Mu-variant!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:49:45 am by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

I read 2 articles on spanish that stated that it seems omicron gave people better inmmunity than vaccines or other variants. Sadly both without source.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I read 2 articles on spanish that stated that it seems omicron gave people better inmmunity than vaccines or other variants. Sadly both without source.
Better immunity against *what*? Omicron?
1: omicron has been making the rounds outside South Africa for 6 weeks or so. Not long enough to make any declarations regarding long term immunity. In the past infection inducing immunity hasn´t been more effective than vaccines at preventing recurrent disease

2: second generation vaccines are expected in the next couple of months.

3: the idea is not to catch the disease in the first place.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:New Year, New Variant Edition
« Reply #6222 on: January 04, 2022, 11:29:41 am »

Second day attempt to get a test, this time at a much more reasonable hour (early afternoon)... already out of tests :(
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: January 04, 2022, 12:15:55 pm »

Can't you just go get 2 or 3 self-tests at the supermarket / pharmacy?
I mean, they're somewhat less reliable than the official health service ones, but their inaccuracy can be counteracted by bulk use.
Take 3 tests, trust the majority result.
If it's positive, still go for the official one, if negative, be at ease.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: January 04, 2022, 02:10:50 pm »

Have you tried asking for the rectal tests? They're less popular for some reason, and it might be easier to get those

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/anal-swab-china-coronavirus/2021/01/27/cc284f56-6054-11eb-a177-7765f29a9524_story.html

Take 3 tests, trust the majority result.
If it's positive, still go for the official one, if negative, be at ease
The other way around would make more sense.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 459