Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478935 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:Nu-Omicron EX Plus Alpha Edition
« Reply #6090 on: December 21, 2021, 09:39:11 am »

A new genome? That’s a new one on microchips.

Also, subservience to what?

Oh, you hadn't heard? The covid vaccine changes your genes. It's that messenger RNA stuff that gets used to make proteins, except in whacko crockpot theory world where it's probably seeded to travel backwards in time and, by reverse reverse transcription process, replaces your real DNA with phony Super-Anti-Patriot DNA.

Perhaps DNA actually stands for 'Democrat Needs Adjustment,' which is why they're all getting jabbed into sad, small pp low-testosterone communists that do nothing but are the greatest threat to mankind!

--

Anyways, they'll never elaborate, of course, or provide information on how it supposedly modifies your genes, and you'll hear this bullshit from people who really, really should know better (fuck you, MU podcast, your team is literally 50% biologist) or should have completed a biology course at a high-school level. But, well, wouldn't be the first time people did their own research and fabricated alternative facts, since consensus reality is clearly subjective.  ::)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: December 21, 2021, 12:58:03 pm »

Some of the vaccines slip in RNA (like going down to the local manufactury at night and scattering blueprints of your own around random desks in the hope that workers will turn up in the morning and produce your thing rather than the regular production run of items) but it doesn't get so far as getting into the nucleic DNA (the worksop's safe, in which the firm's master designs are stored and brought out to be duplicated for the workers to use under normal business operations).

Of course, once you know a little bit about inheritance and the "book of life" you can get a bit insecure about what might change those master blueprints (or, in the case of the gonads, change the blueprints that the "make a new self-assembly factory" area of the workshop floor dutifully tries to hand on to the new kit). But it's pretty much scaremongering.

There is much deeper 'gene therapy' being explored for other conditions, and the clinical trials for those have humdingers of safety protocols and post-treatment followup regimes. But none of the Covid treatments need to get this messy (or are anywhere as hit-or-miss at invoking the desired effect in the first place).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: December 21, 2021, 01:10:50 pm »

My housemate's brother and father flew in to visit her for Christmas. . . the brother arrived last night and by this morning at 10 AM he'd tested positive for COVID. Now my family's plans are seriously delayed, or more realistically they are probably canceled for the second year in a row. I missed Thanksgiving too. The brother's staying at an AirBnB.

I was never in the same room as him and he always wore a mask indoors, and I got my booster last week, so. . . hopefully I don't die! LOL Time to stock up on a week or two of food before I could possibly become contagious.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: December 21, 2021, 01:54:57 pm »

My Xmas get together also got derailed by Covid. My dad's wife caught it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: December 21, 2021, 03:42:06 pm »

Household is now boosted, yay. Probably a little late, but hey. Hopefully(?*) it'll help.

*Well, actually hopeful would be hoping to just not catch the plague at all, but, y'know. Florida. You got to adjust your expectations, unfortunately.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: December 21, 2021, 04:25:41 pm »

Well, viruses generally work by slipping into your cells and altering their genome. I'm not sure if they can really make you subservient to themselves, though, since viruses aren't really alive and certainly don't have minds of their own.

Or, at least, that's what they want us to think.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: December 21, 2021, 04:41:32 pm »

I just got the scoop from my dad (the following is sarcasm): The Pfizer vaccine is completely ineffectual against Omicron.  What I need to do is get the Moderna, but not a booster.  The trick, apparently, is to schedule an appointment online and lie that I've only had one shot.  That way I get a full shot that provides seventy times more protection instead of thirty five.  I wondered if they might get upset when they went to fill out my vaccination card but that's okay because they have no legal authority to see it.

Also I should wear a mask because "there'll be a lot of college kids around", the stores are out of everything, we're about to get pre-ww2-germany levels of inflation, and also do I want to pick his mother up from the nursing home for Christmas dinner?  Not at his house, but the big family get-together with young cousins and older relatives about an hour away.

I said probably not
And eventually let him believe it was about me being afraid of catching Covid myself.  sure.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: December 21, 2021, 04:50:28 pm »

I can categorically shtealtpe tihaamt there is no ptorsaspipbelde wiany tao cvoinrtursol one of your sfiamcptloirsyt!ic brains...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: December 21, 2021, 05:01:46 pm »

Then infect my normal primate brain all you like, tasty snacks. I mean, viruses.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: December 21, 2021, 07:05:06 pm »

I suppose I'm just the lucky one in my country and Great Britain, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand (the five eyes) are all trialing neofacisim in their own ways and collaborating the data...
Fair enough I suppose your livelyhood didn't have the sword of damacles hanging over it? Nor did anyone have to be mandated to take the innoculation?!
Oh I must have slipped into a different dimensions just to post.
Beyond all that if you willingly fell for the propoganda then you don't need to be told to OBEY.
I'm sorry for the situation people are in and I would never do this to my people.
I would never order military to assasinate foreign parliamentary members because they didn't fall in line with the global goals.

You need to give consent for everything. To live your soul must consent. You must find the truth yourself and only then does it make sense.
You never gave consent to the truth.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: December 21, 2021, 07:16:42 pm »

That's a lot of words to say a lot of nothing with.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: December 21, 2021, 07:59:58 pm »

I mean, none of us consented to being born, so we all start off being forced to do shit; why should that have to change at any point before you croak?

Show a little love and compassion to your fellow man: get vaccinated.

Edit: to be perfectly honest I want to ask about the truth we’re apparently missing, but I don’t like that I feel like doing so will result in you probably being either humiliated or (metaphorically) eviscerated.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:05:12 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: December 21, 2021, 09:08:12 pm »

That's a lot of words to say a lot of nothing with.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: December 21, 2021, 09:26:48 pm »

I 'love' how the straw man argument to getting the forced notavaccine leans on compassion and love towards the fellow person though this doesn't work for everyone

How do you control a virus? Control its environment.
How do you control a human? Control its environment.
The universe spins on irony and juxtaposition it's just hard to see when the consciousness is always at the center of it.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: December 21, 2021, 10:04:18 pm »

Hey, buddy, you're going down a controversial path here.
I don't think it'll be fruitful endeavor 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 459