Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478684 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:Flu Season?? edition
« Reply #5910 on: October 18, 2021, 06:50:55 pm »

160,000 is....a lot. Although I'm sure it is there as it is here: Covid is just a vehicle for the delivery of other things. I'd be interested to hear the breakdown of the rioters, and whether it's related to unemployment.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: October 18, 2021, 09:09:39 pm »

Also, that's from July 24, nearly three months ago. How'd that play out?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: October 19, 2021, 01:24:29 am »

Argh, when I googled it it said "yesterday" in Google's dating of the article. Shane on me for not making sure!
Love, scriver~

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: October 19, 2021, 03:43:48 am »

Something like this

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: October 22, 2021, 03:51:22 am »

Dutch hospitals ring the alarm bells.
They cannot cope with the backlog of 2 years of postponed care that has piled up during the corona crisis.
And now corona admissions are rising again in the hospitals (despite about 85% of our population now having been fully vaccinated).
Some hospitals are back to pre-corona capacity, a lot are still under their capactiy, whereas to catch up with the backlog, extra capacity is what is needed.

The main bottleneck is staff. There is a severe shortage of surgery assistants, nurses, and medical support staff.

Where before corona, there were already 14000 open positions not filled, the staff shortage is now 75000.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: October 23, 2021, 03:23:47 pm »

Well, my Mum had a Covid test and it came back positive.

Slight issue: I live with my Mum.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: October 23, 2021, 04:09:05 pm »

Well hey there QuaranTeen, guess what, it's QuaranTime!

You're going through the steps, right? Voluminous cursing, informing anyone relevant (school, work) you've probably either caught or are about to catch the plague and won't be back for a couple weeks at minimum, arranging for food and med drops for the stay-the-fuck-at-home-plaguerat period?

Here's hoping you and anyone you care about survives the plague without permanent damage (or at least if it is permanent, it's debilitating enough you qualify for disability payments without being suicidally miserable).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: October 23, 2021, 04:30:39 pm »

I'm 19 and not in college, so only my boss needs to be informed of anything.

Still unclear on what we're gonna do about food. The first person who comes to mind is also the last person who would want to do it, or that we would want to do it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: October 23, 2021, 05:17:53 pm »

Austria is considering to put the non-vaccinated under lockdown if infections keep rising.
If the number of ICU admissions rises above 500, non-vaccinated will no longer be welcome in hotels, restaurants and pubs.
If the ICU admission rises above 600, non-vaccinated will be confined to their homes unless they have a valid and approved reason to go somewhere.

Only 60% of the Austrian population has been vaccinated.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 05:21:57 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: October 24, 2021, 02:04:36 am »

Its all Europe. 8n Ireland things are crashing too
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: October 24, 2021, 05:29:46 am »

Some hospitals/areas from Glasgow/Wales/Cornwall and others have recently asked people to not attend A&E, declaring 'local incidents', been asking for outside help due to pressures on the system and/or reporting the inability to free up beds.

Though it's hard to say how much is Covid-caused (probably mostly, but not exclusively, indirect pressures) and how much is the regular run-of-the-mill mismanagement of the NHS by <blame your favourite[1] target>, slightly ahead of the usual Winter Rush.

I've not personally noticed too much of this where I am, but then I've not needed to approach any healthcare situation for any reason, since my last dental checkup.

[1] The current Tories (/the SNP), private co-partners for profit, the 95%±10% capacity model, unions, GP receptionists/GPs doing to little, pesky walk-in time-wasters, the broken nature of the NHS itself, the great success of the NHS itself,  etc, etc. According to personal taste and experience. I've got my own opinion, which I've purposefully left out of this list.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: October 24, 2021, 07:40:11 am »

I'm a JnJ/Moderna dual citizen now, got my Moderna booster yesterday!

The hours of fever-dreaming about doing software testing for work last night kinda sucked, plus, y'know, the sore arm, body aches, chills, etc. Glad I've got the weekend to, as Bo Burnham puts it, 'feel like big ol' duffel bag of shit.' Gonna feel a lot safer going into the winter months, in any case.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: October 26, 2021, 10:44:59 am »

The Dutch NCTV (national coordinator anti-terrorism and security) has warned that the anti-corona measure / vaccin crazies are radicalizing further, and more and more are willing to commit violent acts.

Not long now, and not being vaccinated will get you on the terrorist organistation blacklist.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: October 28, 2021, 06:34:51 am »

Meanwhile in Africa, shortage of (the standard) 0.5ml seringes is affecting vaccination of children against polio, tetanus, rubella and measles. All 0.5ml seringes are being used up for (the few) covid vaccins (they managed to get), since main manufacturer and supplier India has decreed an export ban.

It is feared that Africa will have more than one pandemic to deal with if this continues.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: October 28, 2021, 06:39:50 am »

That is a very shity situation.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 459