Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478617 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Big Pharma Shenanigans Edition
« Reply #5475 on: April 26, 2021, 12:18:07 pm »

Is this over the whole "just use smaller doses" thing?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: April 26, 2021, 12:45:00 pm »

No, this is about AZ delivering less vaccines than they were contractually bound to do.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: April 26, 2021, 12:59:18 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:30:24 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: April 26, 2021, 07:54:49 pm »

The new variant in India appears to be extremely virulent. Today saw another 350K new infections, and nearly 3000 deaths. The EU countries and the US are all sending emergency aid to India, including rescources to produce vaccins.

Some good news! I expected we'd hold out even longer on that.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: April 28, 2021, 07:01:40 pm »

The new variant in India appears to be extremely virulent. Today saw another 350K new infections, and nearly 3000 deaths. The EU countries and the US are all sending emergency aid to India, including rescources to produce vaccins.

Some good news! I expected we'd hold out even longer on that.

Well, maybe this time they realized it'd be coming home if not stopped...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: April 29, 2021, 01:51:33 am »

It's not like we've been sending emergency aid all over the world all this time to the extent we don't need the equipment ourselves or anything
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: April 30, 2021, 06:03:10 am »

12 out of 29 people in (the closed geriatric ward of) an elderly care home in the east of the Netherlands have contracted corona, despite the vast majority of them having been vaccinated (with 2 shots).
However, they are only very mildly ill, so that's something.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 06:24:27 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: April 30, 2021, 06:31:42 am »

From what I understand that's, like... the major goal of the vaccine. It's less about outright immunity and more about making it stop killing people (and making them less virulent). Them being only mildly ill is exactly the point of the vaccination, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: April 30, 2021, 07:29:00 am »

We got news from our Health Department that our city is now 15% vaccinated. That's higher-than-expected in a city like this.

Big anti-mask anti-vax Fauci supporters. "He said we shouldn't wear masks, so I'll never wear one." and "we only need a small percentage of people to get vaccinated for herd immunity." Plus, our numbers have gone down now that you can't find anywhere to get tested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: April 30, 2021, 10:51:57 am »

From what I understand that's, like... the major goal of the vaccine. It's less about outright immunity and more about making it stop killing people (and making them less virulent). Them being only mildly ill is exactly the point of the vaccination, heh.

No, immunity is the goal, because it stops spread. The less severe illness for people who get it anyway is a happy side effect.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: April 30, 2021, 12:07:56 pm »

No, 5G *EVERYWHERE* is the goal because we need more broadband.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: April 30, 2021, 12:13:15 pm »

Big anti-mask anti-vax Fauci supporters. "He said we shouldn't wear masks, so I'll never wear one." and "we only need a small percentage of people to get vaccinated for herd immunity." Plus, our numbers have gone down now that you can't find anywhere to get tested.

Good lord. I'm sorry for sniping at you in the WTF thread. I hadn't known there were anti-mask anti-vax Fauci people, that just seems wild.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

So what is up with this Fauci guy anyway? People post random conflicting bullshit about him on a daily basis, what's his actual deal?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

So what is up with this Fauci guy anyway? People post random conflicting bullshit about him on a daily basis, what's his actual deal?

I believe he was awarded "Shittiest job to have 2020"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile

He's the Fed's lead virologist with literally DECADES of experience under multiple presidencies. THE guy to consult about pandemics. His opposition to Dear Leader has made him wildly unpopular in certain radical political groups.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 459