Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478297 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Big Pharma Shenanigans Edition
« Reply #5355 on: March 27, 2021, 01:20:40 pm »

Slightly old, but positive news.
Last week, Tanzania's president, Magufuli died. Official government sources say he died of heart failure, but everyone else, from opposition to the foreign doctors that treated him say he died of corona.

Let this be an example to other world leaders that think denying covid is a thing, and taking no measures is a good idea.

Tanzania was a sad example of what happens when you have a someone like Bolsonaro, or Trump, or Baudet in charge of a nation, but without any opposition. Let's hope the Tanzanian former vice-, now president takes corona more seriously.

EDIT: or well yeah, positive is maybe not the right word to describe it. Poetic justice, I guess. The guy did improve the economy and wellbeing of his country quite a bit, until the power drove him mad and he turned full dictator.

Actually Magufuli couldn't have died of Covid since, as he declared on 8 June last year, Tanzania was cleansed of the disease through it's prayers to God. /s  (Yep that has been the official line for close to a year now.  :o)

The guy was nuts even compared to Trump or Bolsonaro.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:25:29 pm by feelotraveller »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: March 27, 2021, 03:15:04 pm »

I know right. He's also the guy that claimed corona tests were a hoax because he tested a papaya positive for corona.

Still, openly suggesting there is such a thing as corona in Tanzania has a chance of getting you arrested. Our journalist had trouble getting to speak to someone one on one, the regime handed her a free chaperone with her press visum.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: March 31, 2021, 06:39:44 am »

Corona control is going to be difficult in Belgium.

The Belgian court ruled today that all corona measures must end in 30 days.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: March 31, 2021, 10:31:15 am »

Maybe this is the origin story to how 'Belgium' became the most profoundly offensive piece of profanity in the universe, per Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Is someone coming up for re-election?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: March 31, 2021, 10:39:20 am »

The WHO report on COVID origins is flawed, according to a Washington Post article.

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: March 31, 2021, 03:06:32 pm »

Why is a rock band doing reports on the virology field?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: March 31, 2021, 05:17:19 pm »

The unreleased report by Dire Straits is far more pessimistic...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: March 31, 2021, 05:20:42 pm »

R.E.M's prognosis isn't much better
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: March 31, 2021, 11:12:48 pm »

Now the real question: why didn’t Trump dish out the dirt on China if the US had intelligence suggested it was highly probable that it came from their labs?

For what it’s worth, there’s no real need to investigate the possibility of the virus escaping from the lab in Wuhan. The CCP have made it abundantly clear that it did.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: March 31, 2021, 11:35:39 pm »

Based on my most recent conversation in real life maybe it has to do something with dragon shaped alien ships and anunakis...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: April 01, 2021, 05:13:08 am »

From the sound of it we'll probably never really know how it started.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: April 01, 2021, 06:32:41 am »

Now the real question: why didn’t Trump dish out the dirt on China if the US had intelligence suggested it was highly probable that it came from their labs?
His administration tried, it was just less credible than the existence of a tortiseshell cat's nutsack. Problem with lying all the goddamn time about everything is that most people are actually capable of pattern recognition and start to disbelieve what you say. Additionally, folks with access to the background information later came in and said (like basically everything else that came out of the administration) the framing coming out of trump's lot was more spun horseshit than not. Official stance on the subject still appears to be "we still don't have sufficient information to rule out a lab origination entirely, but that's all we can actually say".

Any case, I'd recommend giving that wapo opinion article exactly as much weight as a china hawk opinion columnist deserves on the subject, i.e. roughly zero :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: April 01, 2021, 10:26:38 am »

The summation I've gathered is that "We have no evidence that it happened, but China is untrustworthy about conditions at the lab and we have no evidence that it DIDN'T happen, either."

The article's got no content, really, it's just a headline to drum up hate and suspicion in the common man until something or nothing comes of it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: April 01, 2021, 10:39:31 am »

It turns out electing a massive racist gets you racism. Who knew?

He's been banging this drum for a while.

If it weren't for all of the suffering it's causing and all of the lives lost, the party in opposition criticizing the party in power for the exact things they were doing and people believing it (as I used to until I watched them do it, as we have the opportunity to do again) would be entertaining. Just unbelievable enough to be satire.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 459