Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478036 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Big Pharma Shenanigans Edition
« Reply #5235 on: February 20, 2021, 12:29:47 am »

Wrong thread. -_-
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 01:07:07 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: February 20, 2021, 07:39:04 am »

Indonesia is threatening fines and refusal of social aid to those who refuse vaccination.
https://bdnews24.com/world/south-asia/2021/02/18/indonesia-capital-warns-of-big-fines-for-refusing-covid-19-vaccine

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: February 20, 2021, 10:29:37 am »

Eh, more old people are also being condemned to life in old people homes these days too.

Like when Cuomo made NY old folk's homes take in COVID patients and then lied about how many people were infected? Spoiler: it killed about as many people as you'd expect.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: February 26, 2021, 10:58:30 am »

Now NY's got it's own variant of it's own!

Aw fuck
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: February 26, 2021, 01:55:30 pm »

I'm hoping that is the official name of the variant.  8)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: February 26, 2021, 01:59:16 pm »

Cuomo strain?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: February 26, 2021, 02:03:18 pm »

I see the caseload numbers rising again after we barely flattened the curve from the winter festivus, and I want to cry. Saw someone on Twitter, about 35 years old, who said that he knew 5 people who died, and someone replied to him saying that 6 people they cared about had died of suicide in lockdown.

I don't know what to say, I'm grateful I haven't lost a single person, I actually only seem to know one friend who has even had it, and a different friend who had a contact who died. But in my circle, we're healthy. I'm very tired.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: February 26, 2021, 02:55:17 pm »

My mother's cousins have all had exceptionally bad cases. No sooner than one was let out of the ER (having barely survived, and no doubt owing their life to the first dose of the vaccine they got a few weeks prior to infection), then her husband and son were hit with it, hard (and neither had gotten vaccinated yet). The husband has passed away, the son is in the ER in the room next to where his mother was staying.

On the, uh, brighter side my mother and sister are scheduled for March 11th and 12th, respectively, while I just received mine today. Moderna. Feeling fine so far! Big needle though. Flashbacks to getting vaccinated for Bird Flu as a kid.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: February 26, 2021, 08:20:55 pm »

Got my first shot, Pfizer flavor.

Wife now has both shots.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: February 26, 2021, 08:52:14 pm »

My mom got her first today. My town is at 20% vaccination right now. I will probably wait a while longer yet before I sign up. She's in her 60s so I imagine that's the segment of the general populace we're at for the moment.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: February 26, 2021, 11:21:32 pm »

Two kids in my school left with fevers and I was there for the "sanitization" of the classroom. A dude in sandals sprayed bleach-water around the desks the kids sat on. Not the chairs or even the tops of the desks... I'm feeling a bit less confident about how well they'll manage the next wave here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: February 27, 2021, 12:29:00 am »

Two kids in my school left with fevers and I was there for the "sanitization" of the classroom. A dude in sandals sprayed bleach-water around the desks the kids sat on. Not the chairs or even the tops of the desks... I'm feeling a bit less confident about how well they'll manage the next wave here.
I wouldn't worry about it, since the virus is not transmitted by surfaces anyway.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: February 27, 2021, 08:32:20 am »

Here the first vaccinated are of course the higher members of the party. Medical workers or priority people be dammned.

There is already gossip of regular mortals like me paying to get ahead in the queues (or vaccinated at all), in big fat dollars.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: February 27, 2021, 02:57:33 pm »

COVID-19 spreads less commonly through contact with contaminated surfaces

- Respiratory droplets can also land on surfaces and objects. It is possible that a person could get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes.
    - Spread from touching surfaces is not thought to be a common way that COVID-19 spreads

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-covid-spreads.html

Enough of the bullshit.  Someone could die as a result of your misinformation.  Many thousands have already died because political players couldn't convey accurate information, let's not sink to their level.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: February 28, 2021, 02:17:16 am »

I wouldn't worry about it, since the virus is not transmitted by surfaces anyway.

*cuts to the time I saw a student licking their desk as if it were a recently finished bowl of ice cream*

COVID-19 spreads less commonly through contact with contaminated surfaces

- Respiratory droplets can also land on surfaces and objects. It is possible that a person could get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes.
    - Spread from touching surfaces is not thought to be a common way that COVID-19 spreads

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-covid-spreads.html

Enough of the bullshit.  Someone could die as a result of your misinformation.  Many thousands have already died because political players couldn't convey accurate information, let's not sink to their level.

Cheers, this was basically my concern - kids spit and are dirty. I know my school was just doing it as a precaution and didn't expect the students to be transmitting Covid (photos were also taken to prove the school is taking precautions - pretty common practice in China. The photos included several of sandalsman not even spraying and just waving the machine around) but yeah, not inspiring a lot of confidence. I don't expect my school to be the worst, either. We're new and have a lot of investors so the head honcho is pretty carefree with spending - while other schools may cut corners on things like this.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 459