Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478534 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mutating into COVID-21 Edition
« Reply #4965 on: January 23, 2021, 08:29:50 am »

Most places will have someone that will, if IT has not restricted access to it. Other way is to email them the permission, or well,  ask them to lend you the pc or fill the format for martinuzz, which may be equaly forbiden or not.

Just ask if is possible and in which way it would be. I would still take a usb drive with the thing just in case.

But please Frumple, we are trying to take over the nursery homes systems here, is a steep on our convoluted sting to stole the Spirit of St. Louis with Mr. Roboto
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: January 23, 2021, 08:54:52 am »

Sometimes this whole mantelzorg setup is infuriating.
My mom lives in a elderly home with two departments; Half of the building is for 'independant 55+ seniors', the other half is, well, basically an open geriatric ward.

My mom lives in the 55+ seniors half.  She's 69, barely mobile, and suffers a variety of illnesses, including but not limited to diabetes, fibromyalgia, a history of bipolar episodes and anxiety issues. She's also stubborn as a mule.

But because she lives in the independant seniors part of the building, there is no in-house care.  The only link to the nursing staff she has is an alarm button necklace for emergencies. 
If my mom presses the emergency button, the nurses will usually call me if they're unsure what to do and I have to come over and judge the situation, because she is not their responsibility (unless there's a clear life or death situation ofcourse).

This could have ended pretty badly 2 years ago.  Got a call late evening from the in-house nurses (an intern), said my mom pressed the button and they found her tilted backwards over the kitchen counter in a 90 degree angle, saying she couldn't get back up.
So they helped her up. She was still able to respond to their questions and seemed startled but lucid, so they thought she was okay, except that she had trouble with her balance and standing.

They called me and said "we don't know your mother, so we're not sure if this state of being is her normal state, or if something's wrong. Could you come and look?".

So I got on my bicycle and went over there.  When I came in and saw my mom, I did not waste time and called 112. Ambulance came and rushed her to hospital.
She spent the next 4h on ICU with a heartrate of 160, and 39C fever. Discovered heart rythm disturbance. Got heartrate down with the right meds. They also discovered that she had beginning muscle dystrophia from lack of excercise. She spent 3 weeks in hospital recovering, couldn't stand or walk for a week.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 08:59:15 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: January 24, 2021, 05:57:13 am »

To 'celebrate' the new night curfew, rioters in the province of Flevoland burned down the corona test street.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: January 24, 2021, 09:35:52 am »

Double the curfew and take away their monthly allowance
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: January 24, 2021, 05:17:43 pm »

Multiple cities in the Netherlands are having riots now against the lockdown measures.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: January 24, 2021, 05:22:38 pm »

Night Mode Netherlands, an early 2021 surprise.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: January 24, 2021, 07:05:53 pm »

In Enschede (northeast of the country), rioters attacked the emergency ward of the hospital. Police managed to clear the area before more damage than broken windows could be done. The hospital is now under extra surveillance and protection.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: January 24, 2021, 07:24:18 pm »

Why attack an hospital???? Maybe so is practical for the injured?

I understand being pissed at lockdown and how is pretty damaging to a lot of things. But doing further physical damage to other people propiety dont fix anything.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: January 24, 2021, 07:36:40 pm »

Because to the anti lockdown conspiracy idiots, the doctors are part of the Enemy.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: January 24, 2021, 07:58:24 pm »

Of course, the doctors know about immunology and at least a cursory bit about epidemiology and infection control (since, you know, a modern hospital is only able to function because of rigid infection control protocols.) so, NATURALLY, they are in favor of "Isolation, population segregation, pathogen spread mitigation" as necessary parts of a greater protocol, intended to save human lives, and assure good outcomes in the healthcare setting.

The PROBLEM, is that the anti-lockdown people do not want to be "Isolated, segregated" as part of a pathogen spread mitigation strategy.

They want the MAGICAL option, where they do whatever the fuck they want, and the virus just magically poofs itself away, somehow.

Since the doctors are part and parcel with the "Isolation, segregation" protocol that is just cramping their lifestyles so horribly--- naturally, they get on the receiving end of the violence.

There is no dealing with the irrational.  The thing they want cannot be given to them. The thing they NEED--- They are rioting against.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: January 24, 2021, 08:17:56 pm »

The other day, there was reported the death from Covid of an Indian (or was it Pakistani?) MP/similar who had been promoting an "anti-Covid syrup" to the masses. I'd look it up, but this is now the second post in a row (diff. threads) I've mentioned a death (of a politician!), and if I start searching I may just discover more I want to mention.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: January 24, 2021, 10:15:57 pm »

I heard it was the Sri Lankan health minister, but she wasn’t dead.

That was a few days ago though, maybe she died in the interim.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: January 24, 2021, 10:39:28 pm »

You might be right about that, it was just news in passing that I obviously took a broad sweep of meaning from, without the detail. (And apparently... let's get this one right... Mexico's President has tested positive.)

BTW, I see (some of) the dutch police dealing with their curfew-protesters are using wicker shields/bucklers. That tickles me. (Plus, augmented by the covering on the front to deal with the obvious anti-wicker attacks, I can see how they're probably better at absorbing blunt impacts better than the perspex/whatever clear types.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: January 25, 2021, 04:46:40 am »

Our city mayor used the words 'civil war'  to describe yesterday's riots. 70 people have been arrested, more are expected when the police have the time to study the camera footage.

Sadly, they will probably all get away with something like 40h community service for punishment.

If it was up to me, I'd be on the phone with Putin now, offering to pay him if we can make use of his punishment camps in Siberia.

The head of the Police Union says that the dutch police have not seen this much violence in over 40 years.  The police expect this isn't over yet. They expect riots to pop up for weeks to come.

EDIT: but there were no guns at least.  People threw stones, knives, golf balls, molotovs, heavy fireworks, bicycles and a piano at the police but they didn't throw guns.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 05:46:58 am by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: January 25, 2021, 08:35:20 am »

Since the curfew started last saturday 21:00h, the dutch police has fined 5765 people for violating the curfew. That's only about 0.033% of the population, in about 40 hours, could be worse I guess.

EDIT: Meanwhile in France, the French set a dubious world record for Antivaxitis.  According to official polls, 45% of the french population will 'refuse to be vaccinated', or 'probably refuse to be vaccinated'.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 12:40:29 pm by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 459