Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 475539 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: SARS-Cov-2: Coronavirus World Tour 2020
« Reply #1245 on: March 18, 2020, 05:22:13 pm »

Netflix will likely be forced to lower it's video quality because the internets are overloading.

It has always done that, automatically.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 18, 2020, 05:46:22 pm »

Finally, some good news

Monkeys develop protective antibodies to SARS-COV2

If we manage to survive this first strike we might get some herd immunity out of it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:00:03 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 18, 2020, 05:50:26 pm »

Finally, some good news

If we manage to survive this first strike we might get some herd immunity out of it.
+ to = expected mistake considering close proximity to each other on touchscreens
This is not intended to be rude, some people think corrections are rude which is why I am clarifying that it isn’t intended as such

This is good that we found this, a step closer to the cure hopefully
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:52:43 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 18, 2020, 05:54:18 pm »

This is not intended to be rude, some people think corrections are rude

this is wrong of them, we must correct their ways
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 18, 2020, 05:59:25 pm »

This is not intended to be rude, some people think corrections are rude

this is wrong of them, we must correct their ways
Indeed. It would be incorrect to be aware of the problem and not attempt to correct it.

Edit: Upon further reflection I realized I was the one that fucked up. I stand corrected.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 18, 2020, 06:05:20 pm »

Finally, some good news

The picture heading that, I guess, has little white antibodies swarming the virus.

They look like toiletpaper.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 18, 2020, 07:50:35 pm »

Best wishes for you and your mother.

Appreciate it.

Quote from: ChairmanPoo
Talk it through with the team

I understand it's largely out of our hands. The diagnosis is still so early, very little is known other than it's there. So surgery may not have even been possible under normal conditions for months. We'll just have to see.

....but I'm wearing a pair of gloves when I walk in there, fuck whoever looks. Hospitals have never made me comfortable. I'm not a germophobe but I'm understand enough to already be mindful of how many places and ways you can contract something. Most especially in hospitals.

edit

Oh yeah. My grocery store just went from 24-hour to 12-hour availability. "In order to better sanitize and restock shelves." Which means by 5:30pm when I've gotten there, it might already be out of stock, especially if people keep up the hoarding. May have to start getting up at 7am to buy groceries, and guaranteed there will be lines of people outside waiting to do the same. Trying to stay positive but shit continues to get incrementally spookier.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:37:23 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 18, 2020, 10:25:18 pm »

More entertainment from Online, for those of us stuck indoors:
https://twitter.com/sparkysheep/status/1238755182692859904
https://twitter.com/trashnightvideo

+ to = expected mistake considering close proximity to each other on touchscreens

Ok, I'm going to need an explanation on what this means. I might just be tired (or a good many other things), but the first half of that sentence confuses me.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 18, 2020, 10:44:52 pm »

Ok, I'm going to need an explanation on what this means. I might just be tired (or a good many other things), but the first half of that sentence confuses me.
for the url, you put [url+(url)] instead of
Code: [Select]
[url=(url)] thus making the thing you intended not a link
You appear to have fixed it already, which is good

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 18, 2020, 10:55:16 pm »

Trying to stay positive but shit continues to get incrementally spookier.
If it makes you feel any better, so far I don't think I've seen (or heard) anything particularly out of line for an incoming major hurricane. It's just something of a difference in scale, 'cause it's, like... sequential major hurricanes, across all countries, just with less direct infrastructure damage. Or something. Still, disaster prep for, y'know, a disaster that might shut things down for a while. Lot of it hasn't felt particularly spooky to me, just kind of an understanding nod towards hatch battening.

... now, some of the stuff I've been hearing about on the hospital prep side of things, bit more unsettling. They seem to be expecting and prepping for something worse than a high cat hurricane so far as casualties and whatnot goes. But average people junk's just been kinda' standard territory after going through as many hurricanes as I have. Comforting definitely isn't the right word for it, but it's somewhere adjacent to it and disaster panic. A familiar sort of feeling, like nostalgia except you wish you could take it out behind the shed and old yeller its ass instead of ever dealing with it again, ah ha ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 18, 2020, 11:09:56 pm »

The picture heading that, I guess, has little white antibodies swarming the virus.

That's to clean the Bay12 shitposts out of their blood after successful immunization.

Can't have monkeys getting ideas about magma and such.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:12:22 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 19, 2020, 04:32:21 am »

I made a typo posting a link

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 19, 2020, 05:06:49 am »

Finally, some good news

Oh shit... what do the hoarders know that we don't understand yet?

Is the trick not obtaining tp, but instead incorporating it into your immune system?

Should we be wrapping tp around our lymph nodes like tissue mummies and eating it off like a huge lizard consuming a shed?

I NEED ANSWERS NOW FOLKS, TIME IS CRITICAL HERE, I DON'T WANT TO STARTING EATING THIS TOILET PAPER AFTER I'VE BEEN SITTING ON IT OR AROUND THE DOG!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 19, 2020, 06:02:47 am »

I honestly dont know to what extent hoarders are wrong. I mean western goverments lied about everything. Do we really believe them qhen they say there won't be rationing?

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 19, 2020, 06:34:28 am »

I honestly dont know to what extent hoarders are wrong. I mean western goverments lied about everything. Do we really believe them qhen they say there won't be rationing?
Yes, because it is not black death "50% of population dead" epidemic. And "western goverments lied about everything" is untrue, there was some incompetence but they did far less lying than Chinese gov. The worst case scenario is 1% death ratio, and that assumes that we will do absolutely nothing to prevent epidemic.

"goverments lied about everything" is an useless hyperbole.

To be more strict: I am not expecting rationing of consumer products harming sane people. There may be some rationing to prevent hoarding, at limits unreachable by anyone acting normally.

I am expecting rationing of medical supplies - for example ventilators at hospitals may be not sufficient for all, but maybe it will be averted by shutdowns.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 459