Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 474634 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

This was a hilarious response, I'm literally not even mad XD
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Denmark is closing down tomorrow.

Here in the States, I'm seeing reports of panic buying of Legos.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile

Denmark is closing down tomorrow.

Here in the States, I'm seeing reports of panic buying of Legos.

Typical survivalist nutters. Now they're even hoarding improvised caltrops on top of their baked beans and guns.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:21:12 am by dragdeler »
let

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dutchling forgot a few deserving leaders there.

Kim
Putin
Xi

IDK man Putin is competent. Chillingly so. But one can't say the same for most.
Sadly, in this case competence is more harmful to others than incompetence would be. See: invasion of Ukraine, shooting down of airliner and so on. Neither Russians nor Ukrainians benefitted.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The shooting down of the airliner was incompetence however. It was less competence as over confidence.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:21:17 am by dragdeler »
let

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile

Supermarkets in my area in germany are barren, shelves are basically clear of anything eat- or drinkable, as well as toilet paper.
Most restaurants and all clubs, schools and other gathering spots are closed starting next week.
Public transport has doubled the number of busses and trams during high traffic times (they're now going every 5 minutes, instead of every 10) and asks people to use the expanded availability to spread out more and stop crowding into vehicles.

A friend of mine also had his marriage (planned to be in two weeks) canceled today, by both the local church as well as the restaurant he was chartering (is that even the correct word? Rented feels wrong) for the festivities.
One one hand, good to see the "no gatherings over 50 people allowed" rule taken seriously (its 100 people in germany, but my home city decided to go the extra mile and reduced it to 50 people). On the other hand, ouch, that whole event was planned for almost 10 months.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the term is booking for a private function.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:21:21 am by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok why do you make me do this they're all sociopaths  >:( :(....

*breathes in*

So you're saying you would take any rando over the guy that downed an airliner in like two decades? (keeping in mind that it basically takes another sociopath/psychopath to rise to that rank)

First up, "any rando" is your idea. Second, he's done a lot worse than having done just that one thing wrong in 20 years. Third, I never said anything about replacing him, I just said the downing the airline wasn't an example of "competence" because someone specifically cited that as the example.

But, in the context of this thread, it really wouldn't be that bad if Putin disappeared. Sure there's "stability" but that's like saying it's a good thing Hitler or Stalin are around because who know how the place might fall apart if those guys die.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:09:24 pm by Reelya »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:21:25 am by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really, you're defending Putin.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/06/vladimir-putin-15-ways-he-changed-russia-world

He's brought back the Gulags. Yes, there's stability there now, because if you protest they can send you to a Siberian hard-labor camp for 5 years.

Opposition party leaders get assassinated on the front steps of the Kremlin, and there are rumors about who sent the guys, and then Putin gives that guy a medal.

The guy's a straight-up fascist and it's probably only NATO's presence preventing him going all-out and invading Poland, Belorus, Ukraine and the Baltic states openly.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:17:50 pm by Reelya »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

My homestate in the US suspended school for a month. I'm on board for this, even though there are very few cases around.

At this point, you can't be too safe in the US.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:20:58 pm by delphonso »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:21:06 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 459