Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 474687 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Damned Zubat got us in this mess!
Or is it Sandshrew?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

I'm expecting "mysterious deaths" to start rocketing upwards any day now.
They’ll just blame the flu.
In fact, the CDC head has admitted that a number of previous ‘flu deaths’ were actually caused by Covid
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

How long before they spawn Koffings and Weezings everywhere?
...They uh, kinda did last week, as part of a Team Rocket multi-day event.  Lots of other poison types too, but oof.  Maybe not as bad as the Koffing nest that famously spawned in the Holocaust Museum a few months after launch though.

Aaanyway... Noticed that ABC store (government liquor store) was triple-staffed and oddly busy for a Thursday, but also all the employees had gloves.  Most of the grocery store clerks aren't doing that yet.  Housemate suggested ABC stores handle more paper money, which is definitely the most helpful thing he's said about the virus (100m of infectious poop fumes, FML).

Grocery store is still perfectly well stocked too, when he was claiming a week ago that all their canned goods had to be gone and that everyone would have gloves.  I'm getting pretty scared, but he's eagerly repeating online theories for a full two weeks now and it's been... stressful, at times.  I bought a roll of toilet paper today which I absolutely don't need.  Groupthink is fucking insidious.

I am avoiding touching my face unless I've washed my hands, which is the logical advice from the WHO.  I don't know that I'm always reaching 20 seconds of washing, but I'm trying to.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I hope the pangolin was tasty, at least.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

The wife of Canada's prime minister Trudeau has been tested positive for corona.
Justin Trudeau himself does not show signs of illness yet but will be placed in 14 day quarantine.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

If people are saying it's been here since January then there's a chance I actually had it in December.

Like I've said elsewhere, sickest I've been in 20 years. Started with a fever, and some what of a cough, then progressed to a sore throat, painfully aching chest during normal non-coughing periods, loss of my voice and basically choking on my own phlegm. I've had pneumonia as a kid, I remember it well. It wasn't pneumonia for sure, and when I went to the doctor and was tested, they said it WASN'T the Influenza that was ravaging town at the time. They never said what it was. I was down for two weeks and another two weeks to recover. My voice came back in full about 8 weeks after I lost it. I was around plenty of people and none of them got super sick but I dunno. I was pretty spooked at all the symptoms and how long it went on for. I didn't think I was dying at any point and I didn't have the kind of respiratory distress that's reported, but I'm a smoker and I definitely felt like I was paying the price for it. Sometimes I'd cough my brains out just to try to get the crud out of my lungs so I could breathe better but the stuff was like, crazy thick and wouldn't come out.

I doubt there's any way I could verify if what I had was Covid or not. But there's no way in hell I want to be even remotely that sick again. Everyone joked with me that I should have gotten a flu shot, but it wouldn't have done anything against what I had.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ouch, that sounds bad.

Local news, shoppageddon continues here, the big supermarket in my area is a still disrupted. It's seriously hit and miss what I find when I come here. Plenty of "stuff", but just completely bare of some things.

I saw an Asian lady with a trolley, and among other things in the overflowing trolley she had Spam. Not just a few tins, she'd lifted the entire cardboard tray of spam right off the shelf and not bothered to separate them. They're not bothering to stack cans anymore, they just rip the top off the box and leave it in the cardboard tray.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

My place of employment has instituted new visiting hours restrictions due to coronavirus concerns. (We do NOT have it in our facility-- yet.) It has already made one visitor extremely irate that we have instituted such restrictions too.

Great times.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

My grandpa had fever, dry cough, and trouble breathing with swollen throat and feeling like his lungs were full of water, for most of February.

This is in Ohio, which only just started reporting cases.  Hoping he actually had it, since he's fine now and he'd probably be high risk.  In his early 80s, but built like a truck from constantly hunting and trapshooting for the last 50 years or so.

As for work, they're instituting voluntary work from home till April, and banned all work travel and visitors without corporate approval.
Shoes...

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Office water dispenser brings great risk of spreading the virus. Maybe it's better to bring bottles of water to work.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Only three cases in my landthing yet, so I don't think I'm in any severe danger. Heading out to work as usual today.

I'm still a bit paranoid about my cold but hey no fever and no dry cough means it's probably not corona right? It's just hard to throw the thought of it being Raven Flu out, even if I lack the right symptoms, when you feel ill simultaneously as media is constantly going on about CORVID. I'm honestly more worried about me spreading it around by being stupid than having it in itself.
Love, scriver~

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You might put on face mask or a bicycle bandana if it's allowed by local regulation... This can significantly reduce the droplets traveling in air.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

That is the actual use of the face mask, containing sneeze/cough droplets.
In case anyone hadn't heard that yet.  Lots of misinformation.
In other words, I agree.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I have neither, and I doubt my boss would approve. But it's a good idea in thought ;)
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

My place of employment has instituted new visiting hours restrictions due to coronavirus concerns. (We do NOT have it in our facility-- yet.) It has already made one visitor extremely irate that we have instituted such restrictions too.

Great times.
I want to visit my Gma but it'll be weird to avoid contact with her.  She'd expect a hug.  She wouldn't understand my denying it.  She's pretty far... gone.

I should go, if only to see her once more before this all comes to its inevitable head.
And navigate the difficulties just this one last time.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 459