Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 427917 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Reject Corona, Embrace Monke(pox)
« Reply #6765 on: September 22, 2022, 03:04:17 pm »

Current, I would definitely understand (local rules on theraputic use for given treatments might apply, I don't know which policy heydude is working with, so fell back on "don't be a dick, at least get relevent advice before you potentially infect our vaccinators and everyone else that hope to be helped by them" for the time being), but 'recent' could be even more variable. From not showing obvious symptoms for a handful of days to "leave it a couple of months". Which the advice, if sought, should also cover.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Somehow STILL a thing Edition
« Reply #6766 on: September 22, 2022, 03:19:05 pm »

Supposedly we should wait 90 days after COVID infection for the booster. Does that fit with what you know, Poo?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: September 22, 2022, 03:50:58 pm »

I'm surprised you guys pitched in to give actual medical advice. I'm touched. I don't have reliable access to a GP right now unfortunately, but I guess I'll take chairman's advice and not get a booster.

I think that even if I did go for the booster, they would kick me out in some sort of screening process, but who knows? Bureaucracy in my experience tends to be very unimaginative.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: September 22, 2022, 08:47:27 pm »

Yeah, you don't want to distract your immune system from dealing with the real infection, or risk exposing anybody while getting the vaccine. But do get a booster eventually, CDC suggests to wait 3 months after onset of symptom or 1st positive test.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: September 23, 2022, 12:42:30 pm »

Supposedly we should wait 90 days after COVID infection for the booster. Does that fit with what you know, Poo?
Its what I have read as well.

Like with many things with covid there's a degree of uncertainity with these recommendations. I think its based on how long antibody levels last after an infection, and how the immune system responds to stimuli. Also prior practical evidence on better responses spacing the shots

Simplifying a lot, "boosting" when the immune system is already mounting an active response is suboptimal, at least in theory.

As a caveat I'd like to add that in day to day we do suboptimal things that are still better than doing nothing. Ie: we know folks on active chemo mount poor vaccine responses but we vaccinated all of them because they are also much more vulnerable to covid so a poor response is  better than sending them out with no vaccinations at all.

So TLDR version: the recommendation//policy is largely that (3-4 months), its not baseless (intended to achieve better responses), but I dont think getting it ahead of schedule is going to kill you or anything like that.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: September 23, 2022, 07:44:11 pm »

Got my little guy immunized for Covid today (Hooray). Will advise if he turns into a gecko or some shit.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: September 23, 2022, 08:22:19 pm »

In national news, huge swaths of the population have mysteriously transformed into geckos after getting the latest coronavirus vaccine. In unrelated news, Geico stocks are up 900%.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: September 24, 2022, 07:41:46 am »

Got my little guy immunized for Covid today (Hooray). Will advise if he turns into a gecko or some shit.

Isn't he in the "climb everything" stage of development, or roundabouts there? You might not notice the difference ;)
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: September 25, 2022, 03:32:28 am »

Damn it I wish I had waited to get the vaccine now and I could have become a gecko but no I had to get it awhile back and all I got was this shitty 5G chip.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: September 25, 2022, 06:29:37 am »

I can see that it's sending you up the wall. But repeatedly, as you just keep falling off again.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #6775 on: September 25, 2022, 06:48:05 am »

So is the pandemic over?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: September 25, 2022, 06:49:29 am »

Make a guess. I'll give you two chances to get it right
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #6777 on: September 25, 2022, 06:54:41 am »

it is

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: September 25, 2022, 08:19:05 am »

So is the pandemic over?
Biden says so!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: September 25, 2022, 09:13:58 am »

Let's ask our massive nursing shortage and our elder care facilities next.

US Postal Service called it quits on their 'free covid test program' at the start of this month and that seems problematic with how prevalent covid seems to be especially right now. Capitalism will figure it out, the way it always does with public health and safety matters (read: it won't). I've got seven tests stashed away until I'm shelling out ten bucks a pop again; I wince knowing my roommate blasted most of a day's wage to stay informed on his infection and do the right thing by other people.

My household is 100% covid free now, somehow I managed to dodge the virus despite my roommate having it. He mentions lingering tiredness, but he's also mentioned being super tired just because of work very frequently. I didn't go positive once.

I'm scheduled to get the Omicron booster on Friday. It's coming up on a year since my last one, so I'm keen to reinforce what seems to have been serendipity with my roommate's case.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 459