Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 428196 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Reject Corona, Embrace Monke(pox)
« Reply #6750 on: September 13, 2022, 12:04:57 pm »

Oof, I've heard it's rough from the rest of my family that got it, so that checks out. Glad you're giving yourself the recovery time you need.

Roommate had one day worth of fever and fatigue, now he just has a persistent mucousy cough. Still don't know if I have/had it asymptomatically. Roommate shelled out the twenty bucks for a two-pack of covid tests, so we'll probably swazzle our schnozzles tomorrow to get a read on where we're at. Not sure if he's 'well' or okay to return to his job if he's still coughing it up, though.

Did you know take-home covid tests are like two bucks a pop in Germany? They pay a fifth or sixth of what we do. ~this nation is a scam~

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Reject Corona, Embrace Monke(pox)
« Reply #6751 on: September 14, 2022, 05:40:02 pm »

Quick update.

Take home Covid tests says my roommate is still positive and I am still negative.

I know we're kind of in the best case scenario right now for covid (all he has is a persistent mucousy cough), but it doesn't feel quite as acceptable to write off the days turned weeks of isolation. Got a bit of the sads today as a consequence, but that might also have something to do with me forgetting to eat a few concurrent meals.

It does mean my weekend camping vacation plan is binned now (don't want to come down with it hours from home) and I'm running out of time/weather to do that. Ach. Today it's work, this week it's covid, this month it's the project release, and then it's winter, and I'm just biding my time for the next thing to brace for.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: September 16, 2022, 03:08:17 pm »

DIY no-injection mRNA booster

(n.b. - does not actually cure/prevent Covid...)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: September 16, 2022, 03:17:29 pm »

DIY no-injection mRNA booster

(n.b. - does not actually cure/prevent Covid...)

Arguably, that simulates most modern vaccines.
There is a reason they ask if you have any egg allergies...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: September 17, 2022, 03:14:46 am »

DIY medical stuff always seems kind of hinky, but then again so does some legit stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: September 17, 2022, 03:30:14 pm »

I feel basically symptom free now except for lingering damage, for those keeping track at home. So almost exactly a week from symptomatic to nuthin' goin' on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: September 19, 2022, 03:04:55 pm »

Well, finally happened, after TWO GODDAMN YEARS OF BEING CAREFUL AND AVOIDING SHIT, the stupid trump loving cunt got it (for possibly the second or third time, not sure) and the instant his symptoms faded he starts frolicking around maskless like the useless fucking shitrag he is because he already had it so why does he need to bother with a fucking mask.

MY MASK PROTECTS YOU
YOUR MASK PROTECTS ME
DON'T BE A CUNT

Also fuck everyone infinitely for even suggesting this shit is "just like the flu" this shit HURTS enough to disprove any nonsense about a loving skyparent.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: September 19, 2022, 07:41:09 pm »

Yeah, my mom decided to blame me for begging them to get the bivalent boost -- "the side effects from the vaccine that YOU asked me to take" -- so now I'm probably not calling for my dad's 70th birthday tomorrow, heh. I begged them for months to get their third booster and they ignored me, now they are mad because they had side effects from the bivalent one ... better than dying of COVID though lmao.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: September 20, 2022, 12:42:59 am »

The mother-in-law who has been submitting to the brainworms gleefully over the last two years got outraged when we took the tests, confirmed covid, and had the audacity to ask her to get her dumbfuck husband to stop turning the AC up so goddamn high since he gave us covid too.

"HE DID NOT GIVE YOU COVID" 'Oh, ok, then you did.' "Now, you could get it just by... uh, sticking your head out the door."

SPOILER ALERT: I DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE, MISSUS DOESN'T EVEN COME IN CONTACT WITH THEM, AND SHE TOLD US HER DUMBFUCK HAD COVID A WEEK AGO "but it's ok because he's staying in his room and wearing a mask" except sure enough once he stopped feeling symptoms he went right back to maskless bullshitting around the house.

And they wonder why I absolutely refuse to let their stupid asses come upstairs, smoking racist boomer plaguerats ARE NOT WELCOME AND WILL BE SENT BACK DOWNSTAIRS RAPIDLY!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: September 21, 2022, 07:55:41 am »

On the Monkeypox front, Wu Zunyou, the head of Disease Control here in China announced these recommendations to avoid the disease:

1. Avoid skin-to-skin contact with foreigners.
2. Avoid skin-to-skin contact with anyone who has been abroad in the last three weeks.

There were a few more of actually reasonable advice, but the foreign community in my city has been cracking up about our supposed ability to /spontaneously generate/ the virus.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: September 22, 2022, 12:09:37 am »

I remain firm in my position that anyone who downplayed this shit should be punched in the chest until their lungs collapse.

Like I knew from early 2020 I didn't want it, I was telling everyone I could not to get it, and holy fuck it is exactly as unpleasant as I expected.

Also: ricola cherry and honey cough drops are amazing, they taste kinda like that syrup in the middle of a piece of bubble yum bubble gum I think?

Makes me want like a blow pop with the ricola shell and like flinstones chewable vitamins or maybe just weed gummies in the middle.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: September 22, 2022, 08:13:25 am »

Well, I've got it now too from a roomate or my Aunt's little boy. And right before I was going to get my booster. Is there any point in getting it now?

It genuinely is a terrifying to know that I have a virus that's killed so many people. The thought of long Covid too.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: September 22, 2022, 12:45:08 pm »

From what I understand, there's still point in getting the booster, yeah. Helps keep from getting it again or something like that. Think you're supposed to wait for a bit, but I don't quite recall. Touch base with your general practitioner or whatev' if in doubt.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: September 22, 2022, 02:11:31 pm »

If nothing else, it's likely the booster is not exactly the same as the 'live' copy. If there's no problems with overloading/diverting your immune-response (seek actual medical opinion!) I don't think there are any disadvantages to you getting an accidental multivalent prod of your T-cells, etc.

Not bringing in your particular (sub)variant to the rest of the queue waiting for a booster is probably the biggest concern. You don't know that everybody else is a capable of dealing with both the pulled-punch and the uppercut like you must, and so standard "if you suspect you've got it, try to isolate yourself to protect others" should apply, notwithstanding the practical and nontrivial purpose of the visit.

Depending upon which booster, it might even confer a prophylactic effect (again, be guided by professional advice) to mitigate the infection-in-progress, but no point coughing over everyone who is trying to help you without them being forewarned, or at least reasonably rearrange any scheduled attendance to a week or two down the line.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: September 22, 2022, 02:49:16 pm »

You dont get boosted with an active or recent covid infection so...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 459