Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 428198 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

She has apparently so far refused to condemn him.

Unfortunate, considering he appears to be quite bananas.
I would be surprised if she did.
Basically, if she does not outright embrace and support the ass, it's the best possible outcome.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't be the first time the government did something like that to minorities. Is it any wonder then that people were afraid the government doing that to them during Covid?

I'm not afraid of "going to a camp..." I'm afraid of "going to a camp for being gay" which is a different matter.

Being concerned about the possibility of being refused medical treatment for vaccination status was reasonable. However, the queer community had already "been there, done that." That measure has already been left behind some time ago.

Worrying performatively about camps when none of the other shit has happened to your particular group yet and you're not worried about the immigrants ALREADY in camps doesn't make me feel very sympathetic. There's a lot of other stuff that has to happen first to create this kind of empathy gap, where you end up in a camp...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I'm saying is that bigoted policies will come back around to bite the government in the ass. The damage done by sacrificing impartiality and fairness will always outweigh any progress on a racist agenda, even if you're a racist who roots for that thing.

It's just frustrating to see from your link that people didn't learn that lesson after the disastrous failure of the pandemic response.

EDIT: My previous comment was mainly drawing upon the Philosophy tube video about the topic, in which she points out that the government has a history of using healthcare to abuse minorities. I also know a guy who opposed vaccine mandates due to the Tuskegee Syphilis Study, where the government deliberately infected black people with Syphillis and refused to treat them.  The guy said that because of shit like this, the ability to refuse healthcare should be a human right.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 12:43:43 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I kinda' agree, but it's caveat'd by you also having to deal with the consequences if you refuse.

Like, if you want to refuse to take the 'rona vaccine, sure, but you don't get to come inside the city limits anymore and hospitals/other areas with at-risk populations (i.e. anywhere public at a minimum, probably) can also refuse to deal with you due to the risk you pose to other people, that kind of deal. It's your choice right up until you start wanting to make that choice for other people, too.

That kind of thing's definitely abusable, but, y'know. 6.5+ million dead and counting. At some point it's worth the risk of abuse, and it's probably well before a seven digit body count :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Reject Corona, Embrace Monke(pox)
« Reply #6739 on: September 02, 2022, 01:06:25 pm »

Mystery pneumonia in Argentina.  Yay.  :-\

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Reject Corona, Embrace Monke(pox)
« Reply #6740 on: September 03, 2022, 01:18:37 am »

Does that mean we're about to hit plague number three?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6741 on: September 08, 2022, 04:27:19 pm »

Does that mean we're about to hit plague number three?
If you monitor this map often it has a calming effect; you begin to realise how common pandemics are and that most are controlled enough

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: September 09, 2022, 04:10:52 am »

But does count as a pandemic if it's controlled?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: September 09, 2022, 09:47:00 am »

Roommate's got covid.

So I've probably got covid.

Alas and alack, I'm glad I wore my mask while at the laundromat yesterday. It's too bad with how close we are to having omicron boosters available. So far, no loss of smell or breathing problems, so I think our organ meats will be okay. Still means we won't be able to see anyone for a week, or go on that boat cruise, or visit the favorite bar. There's no point isolating within the apartment, so I'm just assuming I'm hosed too- who knows, maybe I brought it into the house.

Best as we're aware, it's our first times though, so that's a pretty good score, all said.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6744 on: September 10, 2022, 04:38:55 am »

Sometimes you can share closed space and not contract the coof. Some people are not terribly infectious

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: September 12, 2022, 06:01:38 pm »

A friend visited and I got probably-COVID (he had confirmed by test COVID). I was a little sick on Friday, then Saturday and Sunday I couldn't really move. Felt like a time warp complete with 102 degree fever and heart pounding away at 120 bpm all night last night.

I have my sense of smell back and I feel much healthier now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: September 12, 2022, 09:01:04 pm »

That's good, it's always a bit freaky when your body's going mental. Even if you know it's probably nothing serious there's that bit in the back of your head going "Buuuuuuuuuuuut..."
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: September 13, 2022, 12:32:12 am »

Yeah, it's confirmed COVID now. But I do feel better. Sitting in bed eating takeout and reading Comix. It's nice to have a little rest.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: September 13, 2022, 05:35:29 am »

Goddamnit, I knew it. It's not viruses that give you covids, it's friends!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: September 13, 2022, 11:42:01 am »

Dayquil is working really well for me. It felt like the worst cold I'd had in my life + a mild flu + crazy cardio symptoms (heart hammering).

Definitely, definitely just let yourself get knocked down and stay down if you get it. And I will reiterate for those who haven't had it that you don't want it and you don't want to spread it. Mask, test, and if you are planning things to take advantage of a friend visiting a convention not far from your area, do this visit first and THEN the convention.

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 459