Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 428769 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I'm getting a Pfizer booster today to complete the trifecta! It's been nine months since my last booster and I've got some important dates coming up soon here. With no word on when newer coverage on the omicron variants comes around, I figured I'd best at least be fresh up. Gonna be a miserable weekend, though...
There is word. They are coming in September. The US has paid 1.7bn  USD to Moderna alone. Europe has its own deals likewise.

https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/moderna-FDA-covid-boosters-deal-pfizer/628463/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Issue:%202022-07-29%20BioPharma%20Dive%20%5Bissue:43466%5D&utm_term=BioPharma%20Dive

There are a few other updated boosters pending approval  like HIPRA's
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile

Oh, cool! I'll have to see if they still put me on the four-month intermediary period for those or not, but with that many doses, I'd hope that we won't see supply issues.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's lighter too- both JnJ and Moderna left me pretty good and wrecked for a day and a half. Wanted to make sure I have the weekend to recuperate, given that I didn't want to go straight from recovering from the vaccine to recuperating from wisdom teeth removal- I'm already burning sick days for that, ahaha. Maybe I'll go buy me some extra treats to weather the weekend with.

edit: haha yes never mind Epic says I don't get one since I've completed the sequence

see you in september
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 03:49:03 pm by None »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Welp I finally tested positive... probably?  This is the fourth day I've woke up sick with pretty rough cold symptoms, and I tested negative twice.  It's not bad during the day, but sleeping is difficult with all the coughing.  Still, I feel strongly that I'm through the worst of it.

My dad wants me to go get Paxlovid.  I've heard nothing but good things, but it seems almost wasteful at this point.  I don't know.  I don't need it for my remaining symptoms, and I don't feel anything *close* to the brain fog I experienced early in the pandemic.  I'd rather just keep drinking tea and soup.

Edit:  What really worries me is that I must have picked this up (even if it's just a cold) from a damn family reunion on Saturday.  There were a lot of vulnerable people there.  I've passed word along just in case, but I'm testing myself a fourth time tomorrow in case this was a false positive.

Edit2:
Dad:  I checked with my pharmacist and you'll have to go to an ER and lie a little to get Paxlovid, but you really should!  I'll pay whatever!  Even if you stash it for later it's a good idea
Mom, a nurse: Oh this variant isn't even killing people like it used to, the CDC says things everything's back to normal.  Let's chat for a bit and no I don't have a mask

Me:  I don't know crap but both those positions seem extreme

Nice them to each bring me a care package though... glad they didn't quite intercept each other
I could use a beer right now.  Specifically, I wish I wasn't sick so I could reasonably drink some of my beer.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:49:20 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I misread 'beer' as 'bear'

No Rolan

Don't get a bear

You have so much to live for.

Unless it's a Teddy Bear in which case yes get one or five of those.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

It could also be the friskier variant of bear, but that should probably wait until after the plague's run it's course.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Yeah, big comfy man hugs will have to wait until I've tested negative for 3 days or whatever :'(  And conferred with my SO, and figured out these newfangled hookup "apps"

In the meantime I have all the tea I care to brew, both herbal and black, and that's helping a lot~
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And conferred with my SO, and figured out these newfangled hookup "apps"

I don't think your SO is supposed to be around hookup apps.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Nah we have an arrangement, it just involves honesty.  But uh sorry for the tangent.
She/they

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And conferred with my SO, and figured out these newfangled hookup "apps"

I don't think your SO is supposed to be around hookup apps.

I actually know of a few couples in my area who use hookup apps, both together and separately. For some it's a kink, for others just a sort of matter of fact thing.

@Rolan have you been using any simple remedies, cough lozenges, cold & flu pills and such? My COVID was on the mild side, but I was finding that the congestion and cough I developed in the later period was helped by the basic stuff. I absolutely reeked of menthol for a few days, but it was helping me sleep.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

During the day I haven't had much trouble, between hot soup and tea, but at night I've been waking up with frustrating and painful dry coughing.  Even though my muscles feel much better, I feel like that will happen again...  So tonight I've taken a Mucinex which ought to help!

I also have a nice hot potato-chicken stew that... just finished pressure cooking!  Starting each morning with some hot soup (particularly inhaling the vapor) has been relieving my throat pain a great deal.
She/they

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

welp, momma done caught the plague, hopefully wasn't contagious the last time we were near each other, hopefully isn't killed or crippled by it :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My housemate came back from Europe + the East Coast yesterday . . . and as thanks for taking care of her pets for more than two months, came back although she knew as of a few days before that she had a positive COVID test.

Motherfucker son o f a b i t c h !! She owns three houses! She's not poor!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel you, we got a collegekid for a month, and he sneezed like 20 times today but doesnt put his hand up when he does.
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Have you considered going medieval on such people's arses? I hear violence solves everything and is very satisfying.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

It also requires getting into infection range :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 459