Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478865 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:Nu-Omicron EX Plus Alpha Edition
« Reply #6045 on: December 01, 2021, 06:00:07 pm »

Surprising nobody, Unicron variant has been spotted in America as it continues its planet devouring campaign
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: December 02, 2021, 12:48:20 am »

In my state ... uwu
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: December 02, 2021, 08:01:10 am »

Keep the sanitary measures Vector. I know Lrrr from Omicron Persei 8 migth not be deadlier but seems more virulent. Dont give it a chance to mutate.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6048 on: December 02, 2021, 11:26:51 am »

Got the booster and they were offering the flu jab at the same time, so I figured may as well get them both at the same time. They said the flu jab would hurt more, and while it did have a distinctly sharper pain of high intensity, it was not a kind of pain which I minded. It was similar in much respects to the pain one felt when a cat sunk its teeth into your leg. The booster shot however was nearly overwhelmingly painful, of a kind I've only experienced when breaking bones. He wiggled the needle inside my arm a bit after it had gone deep. UMU.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: December 02, 2021, 12:23:01 pm »

That seems like the error of the person giving the shot, not a quality of the shots themselves.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: December 02, 2021, 12:39:55 pm »

Indeed. Both my Pfizer shots were barely noticable (very tiny needle, it was). You were probably just unlucky, they can miss the spot they're aiming for and hit a painful muscle / nerve.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: December 02, 2021, 12:48:45 pm »

Yeah, the first Covid shot I got was noticeably painful, but the second one (given by a different person) was not at all.

The person giving your booster probably got the yips, or just didn’t like the look of you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: December 02, 2021, 01:02:36 pm »

All  the vaccines that can remember having were small shots that bothered for a couple of days at most and none were considerably painful at the moment of injection, including both covid shots.

Edit: on second thought your pain was obviously the 5g tracking chip to mutate your adn into gay adn.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:11:12 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6053 on: December 02, 2021, 04:38:44 pm »

That seems like the error of the person giving the shot, not a quality of the shots themselves.
Yeah; my first pfizer was barely a pinprick and I had almost total mobility of my arm the next day. Second they were in a hurry and though it was not painful, there was much bruising and my arm was dead the next day. This one was probably just an unfortunately timed jitter jolting their vaccine hand. Tomorrow my arm may fall off.

However I can see why people would say the flu shot was more painful. They used a different needle which definitely felt "sharper" in my arm than the others. Hard to explain, but it was significantly more noticeable even if I didn't mind it

Edit: on second thought your pain was obviously the 5g tracking chip to mutate your adn into gay adn.
Impossible, my country is incapable of rolling out 5G ;[

*EDIT
Given the trend, my fourth shot will be administered via adamantine spear
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:11:37 pm by Loud Whispers »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: December 03, 2021, 11:37:08 pm »

With the new Omicron variant spreading fast, policy makers are thinking about how to deal with that in the long term.
It is proposed to move large celebrations that take place during cold months towards the summer.
So, (at least for the nothern hemisphere) may to august is for New Year's Eve, Carnival, Easter, Christmas, Ascension Day, Pesach, Yom Kippur, Ramadan etc., while september to march will be for Facemask, Lockdown and Social Distancefest.

EDIT: In other news, the Brasilian Supreme Court has started an inquiry into president Bolsonaro spreading the fake news that corona vaccins give you AIDS.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 01:10:33 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: December 04, 2021, 02:46:37 am »

But if you put AIDS in the vaccine there won't be room for the 5G chips!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: December 04, 2021, 09:19:51 am »

Pff dont be a fool, the 5G chips mutate your DNA into gay DNA, which automatically give you aids because only gay peiple get aids doesnt it?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: December 04, 2021, 01:49:01 pm »

Pff dont be a fool, the 5G chips mutate your DNA into gay DNA, which automatically give you aids because only gay peiple get aids doesnt it?
This nonsense is sooo hard to beat. Even in our gay-parade-gay-paradise-gay-heaven-gays-have-equal-and-all-rights country of the Netherlands, it wasn't until a few months ago that the law was changed, so that gays are now allowed to donate blood.... But only if they can prove they have a steady relationship... What the fuck. As if straight folks don't cheat and fuck around (without condom and anal) every day every week :P
One night stands are the most common form of relationship over here for everyone generation X and younger, regardless of sexual orientation.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 01:53:37 pm by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: December 04, 2021, 01:58:16 pm »

To get more people vaccinated, and also get more people their 3d booster shot faster, our national health service started 'jabbing without appointment' at some locations. People could just come in, and they'd get a shot.

It has now been cancelled, because it became so popular so fast, it was creating dangerous traffic situations.
People will now have to just await their invitation and make an appointment (which for most people will take a few months of waiting. Our government hopes to start booster-shotting people under age 60 starting next month).

EDIT: In other news, judging by the spread rate and hospital admission rate in South Africa and neighboring countries, this omicron variant might be a game changer, which will take us from 'we just need to vaccinate 90% of the world population' to 'game over man, just curl up in a ball and hope you don't die'.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 02:05:39 pm by martinuzz »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: December 04, 2021, 03:35:22 pm »

Hilarious. My mom was just trying to convince me that Omicron was milder and less deadly.

Me: "No mom, that's pre-Christmas propaganda."

Fucking. Great.

Additional: Omicron shows surge in hospitalizations especially in children below age 5.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 03:39:50 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 459