Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478372 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:Son of the Mask edition
« Reply #5805 on: September 03, 2021, 02:45:30 pm »

On that, just today in the UK: Scientists not backing Covid jabs for 12 to 15-year-olds. (It's not quite as absolute as the headline, when you read it...)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: September 03, 2021, 03:45:15 pm »

Blahhhhh I might have it. I have a low (99 degree) fever, and have had a not-so bad sore throat for a couple days. Came home early and sequestered myself in my room.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: September 03, 2021, 04:04:38 pm »

Good luck Vec :(  Wet cloth on my head helped a whole lot (room temperature water feels wonderfully cool during a fever).  I personally had extreme nausea/vomiting but tried to drink as much water as I could, both for the sweats and to ease my throat.  At some point I was even keeping my shirt wet just to stay cool.  Was tricky to walk to the shower or tap to refill my 2-liter.

Of course I still don't know if that was Covid, but it certainly was a fever.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: September 03, 2021, 04:13:08 pm »

I'm vaccinated, which I hope will blunt the worst of it. We'll see.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: September 03, 2021, 04:26:14 pm »

Its funny to read low fever at 99 degrees... 99 is just a degree under boiling point of water at sea level.

At any rate, hope you get better Vector, at not boiling temperatures.

I have a horrid body ache that has been creeping all day long. And cant lift my vaccined arm. The rest is fine, no head ache or fever, oh and know I know Kung-fu, so there is that!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 04:28:18 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: September 03, 2021, 04:56:00 pm »

Its funny to read low fever at 99 degrees... 99 is just a degree under boiling point of water at sea level.
You just have to convert.  99 degrees is a tad under 1.73 radians, if it helps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I hope everyone's current temperature always remains somewhere around 94.8°D, and never anywhere near as hot as 0°D or ever as cold as 150°D!)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 05:04:17 pm by Starver »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: September 03, 2021, 05:47:02 pm »

Or people could use the metric system 0° water freezes, 100° water boils. 37° is normal human temperature. 24° is perfect environment temperature.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: September 03, 2021, 06:55:47 pm »

But that would conflict with my earnest desire to ban the metric system!

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: September 03, 2021, 10:46:46 pm »

You just have to convert.  99 degrees is a tad under 1.73 radians, if it helps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I hope everyone's current temperature always remains somewhere around 94.8°D, and never anywhere near as hot as 0°D or ever as cold as 150°D!)

Yes, but human temperature varies by about 2 degrees either way.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: September 04, 2021, 05:18:29 am »

I have a horrid body ache that has been creeping all day long. And cant lift my vaccined arm. The rest is fine, no head ache or fever, oh and know I know Kung-fu, so there is that!
Endure it, the side effects dont last very long.
Here is a testimonial from another guy who got the Russian vaccine
https://youtu.be/vN2eQ_CKZT8
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: September 04, 2021, 07:01:18 am »

Today I feel quite better doc, thanks. My wife got the russian one, I got the sinopharm.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: September 04, 2021, 08:57:57 pm »

The "side effects" are a consequence of the thing throwing your immune system into overdrive - which is exactly what it is supposed to do. If you get them, it means the vaccine works.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: September 04, 2021, 09:21:08 pm »

Some good news at last: my aunt is breathing on her own again rather than needing ventilation. No real news on my uncle, but I'm pretty sure I would have heard something if he had taken a turn for the worse so I'm hopeful there as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: September 04, 2021, 09:30:07 pm »

My SiLs nephew has tested positive for Covid, following another child he was in contact with testing positive. Original source of exposure is obviously unknown, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was from school contacts. The lad's too young for vaccines, but he's a healthy kid and I think everyone else in the family and extended family is vaccinated so the main concern atm is going to be if wee Cody gets any longterm problems.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: September 05, 2021, 10:25:38 pm »

Yeah, it wasn't a fever-fever, but my body never runs hot under normal circumstances (the opposite is usually true, in fact). It was enough for me to start not feeling good.

I'm fine now!

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 459