Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478274 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:One year of this terror Edition
« Reply #5130 on: February 03, 2021, 03:06:11 pm »

US mismanagement, in this case, is only responsible for US issues.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: February 03, 2021, 03:06:49 pm »

Yankee flu-dle.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: February 03, 2021, 03:19:11 pm »

What's next, I tell you?
WHAT'S NEXT?
Airborne AIDS
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: February 03, 2021, 03:21:20 pm »

Yankee flu-dle.
Don't forget the Coughfederates...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: February 03, 2021, 03:23:34 pm »

Is this the true meaning of FOX - die?!

M-Metal Gear!!

fox meaning the news network
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 07:16:49 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: February 03, 2021, 07:08:43 pm »

A number of primary schools in the south-west of our country have said that they refuse to re-open next week, as our government has decided.
They feel that they cannot in any way safely teach the children, and refuse to endanger the lives of them and their teachers.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: February 04, 2021, 12:06:01 am »

New "research" on "long COVID"

Still possible it's some kind of immune system issue, but if we're being really really really real, this is another case of Chronic Idiopathic I Don't Feel Good Syndrome.

1. Find an online support group for CIIDFGS (it goes by many other names)
2. Ask them to list everything shitty they've felt in the last month
3. Write down everything in the list as a symptom of CIIDFGS
4. Publish that shit

Exacerbated by the fact that nobody feels good right now because it's winter and there's a pandemic and we've been stuck in our homes for a year now unable to do anything.  Valid to feel fucked up right now.  There's definitely long-term consequences to severe COVID, considering it damages the lungs and heart, but "long COVID" as popularly described is pretty dubious.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: February 04, 2021, 01:12:37 am »

The sample is also something like 80% women, who are disproportionally given diagnoses of Chronic Idiopathic I Don't Feel Good Syndrome.

I'm not saying that it's a thing; on the other hand, medicine as currently practiced is very into saying things like: "migraines. mostly for women? shrug" and "excruciating menstrual pain -- that's normal, just tough it out."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: February 04, 2021, 03:03:43 am »

Unfortunately, the rigorous standards of the scientific method being what they are, patient details are anonymized to avoid corrupting the data.

Otherwise, you might discover a surprisingly high percentage of CIIDFGS patients are named Karen.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: February 04, 2021, 03:16:52 am »

Are there comorbidities with Wifi Allergy disorders?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: February 04, 2021, 04:18:13 am »

Still possible it's some kind of immune system issue, but if we're being really really really real, this is another case of Chronic Idiopathic I Don't Feel Good Syndrome.

4. Publish that shit

Exacerbated by the fact that nobody feels good right now because it's winter and there's a pandemic and we've been stuck in our homes for a year now unable to do anything.  Valid to feel fucked up right now.  There's definitely long-term consequences to severe COVID, considering it damages the lungs and heart, but "long COVID" as popularly described is pretty dubious.

You are being extremely insensitive to people who have been coping with very serious health issues for many months after ' curing'  from Covid.

In other words, you are being an asshole.

EDIT: sorry, I missed the cynicism
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 04:36:11 am by martinuzz »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: February 04, 2021, 04:29:15 am »

4. Publish that shit

You are being extremely insensitive to people who have been coping with very serious health issues for many months after ' curing'  from Covid.

In other words, you are being an asshole.
Well no, actually, he's not denying long covid, he's criticising a particular study due to it's methodology. Which is not unfair: they are basically running online polls for their paper.

Anddd... really, maybe we should all step back and  breathe deeply before start flinging epithets? I know we are all quite emotional about this. There has been too much death, too much pain. None here are without sin, but I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Leave the pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound,  and I spare your lives. Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in the wasteland. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror. I await your answer. You have one full day to decide
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: February 04, 2021, 04:35:10 am »

Oh sorry, I must have missed the cynicism.  It's just that I personally know someone who is suffering terribly still, a year after getting Covid. And he's not a hypochondriac.

EDIT: And yeah, this whole lockdown thing is getting to me. Where at first, I just missed going out to have a beer and a chat in the pub, I no longer miss it, I am now mostly just trying to remember how it was like to go out and see people.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 07:04:15 am by martinuzz »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: February 04, 2021, 07:50:25 am »

A poor mental health pandemic rages quietly in the shadows of the Covid pandemic
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: February 04, 2021, 08:10:11 am »

A number of primary schools in the south-west of our country have said that they refuse to re-open next week, as our government has decided.
They feel that they cannot in any way safely teach the children, and refuse to endanger the lives of them and their teachers.

I count this is another aspect of the long-term effects of COVID.  It's not necessarily a "health" effect, but the total impact on society of having unequivocally disrupted education for more than an entire school year is very likely underestimated and unappreciated.

This disruption to education concerns me more than the immediate loss of life and health to be honest. I'd also rank it more concerning that the economic impacts.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 459