Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478369 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mutating into COVID-21 Edition
« Reply #4950 on: January 22, 2021, 06:45:52 pm »

Is it because we’ve had a year of pandemic which has been maintained in significant part because the society we live in results in the prospect of spreading hugely contagious potentially deadly diseases is considered less important than their ability to pay for a place to live and eat?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: January 22, 2021, 06:47:10 pm »

It's pretty rough, aye. Mostly numb to it, personally, I guess? Around a tenth of my local county has been infected so far, rate is accelerating, and on the way back from some medical stuff with a grandparent today the most local school... was having some kind of significant gathering, probably some kind of sport event by the look of it.

At some point you're just, like, th'hell can I do? Can't really do anything about these suicidal typhoid mary fuckers. You batten down as well as you can and hope to survive :-\
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:49:01 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: January 22, 2021, 10:24:56 pm »

I was hitting a particular depth of depression but I'm feeling a bit better after a couple days of... walking (and a careful taco-truck interaction, to be fair).  Mental health is affected by physical health and activity.  Doesn't have to be exercise, just walking.

Not really an option for a lot of people, due to curfews, so I should take advantage of it more.
So it seems like they will push ahead with the Olympics in Tokyo/July come hell or high water.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jan/21/ioc-tokyo-olympic-games-will-go-ahead-athletics
A critic of the plan commented
"Basically the IOC and [the Tokyo organisers] are now doing a Donald Trump and ignoring reality.”
I, for one, will be boycotting this particular Olympics!  I probably won't even watch it online I guess :P
Maybe they're going to cancel it again though, flip-flopping like last year.  Let's hope.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: January 22, 2021, 10:34:26 pm »

I, for one, will be boycotting this particular Olympics!
I too will boycott the 2020ish Olympics. I will compete in neither the Shotput, nor the Fencing, nor shall I even go within miles of the Ski-jump! Which effectively rules out the Post-Modern Triathlon, too!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:46:37 am by Starver »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: January 22, 2021, 11:03:49 pm »

Walking, even a single lap around the place you live migth have a really good effect, I can attest to it
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: January 23, 2021, 04:33:12 am »

I'm just going to say I've never given a shit about the Olympics and I don't get why people get so excited about it or why people spend so much money on it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: January 23, 2021, 05:36:34 am »

Without them our city states migth star warring among themsleves and leave us open to Persian invasion?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:30:23 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: January 23, 2021, 06:35:57 am »

Meh. The government does not want to buy a printer for me.

We have a curfew now, stay indoors between 21h and 4:30h.

Exceptions are made for people going to and coming from work, and caregivers on their way to nescessary care.
Those exceptions will need either a written statement from their employer, or they can download, print and sign a pre-made declaration made by the government.

So I call the police. "I am a caregiver.  Sometimes the nurses from the elderly home my mom is in call me in the evening and I have to go there. Can you buy a printer for me so I can print out and sign such a declaration, I don't have a printer and cannot afford one. All shops that offer printing services are closed by the lockdown rules".

They can't. I guess I'll just have to risk being fined then, and see in court what a judge thinks of it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 06:39:29 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: January 23, 2021, 07:16:48 am »

Handwritten new times roman and ruler-drawn tables

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: January 23, 2021, 07:32:10 am »

Your caregiver id if you have one should be enough me thinks?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: January 23, 2021, 07:44:38 am »

I am one of the millions of familiy members / people in the social network of elderly who are 'mantelzorger', which is official caregiver, voluntarily, without employer or healthcare education (well I happen to have that but that's beside the point). So no, we don't have a caregiver ID.

(After 40 years of neocon government doing budget cut after budget cut on elderly care / healthcare in general, mantelzorg (literal translation: mantle care) has become the norm. The new world order adagium here is 'if you can find someone in your social network that can do basic welfare care things for you, you don't get professional care for that. And if you don't have a social network you are supposed to conjure one up from thin air)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:49:50 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: January 23, 2021, 07:51:49 am »

Ask the nursing facility you volunteer at to print the form for you.  They should have a plethora of printers on hand.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: January 23, 2021, 07:52:12 am »

Yeah I can try that.  Note that there's no professional relation between me and the facility. I don't volunteer at the facility, I volunteer for my mother.  The only form of relation there is, is if there's an emergency the nurses are unsure how to handle, they look at their files to find the telephone number of the mantelzorger, in this case me.

I do know quite a few nurses by face now though, so asking them is still a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 08:01:17 am by martinuzz »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: January 23, 2021, 08:11:04 am »

Sure you wont ask them to give you a proof of work but to let them print the gummit permision. If possible download it at home and take it in pdf format in a usb drive ready to print so they can easily do it for you.

Now, since you also seem to work in health care could not that help you out too?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: January 23, 2021, 08:17:03 am »

They may not be able to accept someone's USB drive like that, for what it's worth. That's, uh. Not wise for most organizations, really? But probably can print the thing off if they don't already have some sitting around somewhere.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 459