Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478132 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Oh FFS stop putting words in my mouth, they are NOT workers, they are invalids!

IMO It is every citizen's final duty to go into the factories, and become one with all the people

As Our Lord Jesus Christ the Meatssiah before us
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

The World Health Organization's special envoy on COVID-19 Dr. David Nabarro in an interview stated lockdowns are not helpful as the primary means to control COVID-19. He advocated a middle path which means holding the virus at bay whilst keeping economy and social life going. It would require "high level of organisation by governments and remarkable degree of engagement of people" with robust infectious disease control services or public health. He emphasised on combining of several measures such as "physical distancing, face protection, hygiene, isolating the ill and protecting the vulnerable" as an effective method. See the complete interview here on YouTube.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Who is internationalsos, anyways?

Looks like they're a medical and travel security services firm. Only other sources I could find commenting on the interview were right-wing ones.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Meanwhile NYC is shutting down neighborhoods due to not following guidelines and rising cases. A shame for all those in those neighborhoods who are doing the right thing; they're being hurt by all this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Sweden is rising too. Mainly tracked down not to jobs or similar but to parties and events. Age group mostly 20-35.

Yeah, letting people back into the univerisites was a mistake, basically.
Love, scriver~

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile

Cooler weather arriving in the northern hemisphere won't be helping either.  See the second half of this report https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/coronavirus-can-live-on-surfaces-28-days-australian-scientists/12752108 the first half being concered with the headline.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who is internationalsos, anyways?

Looks like they're a medical and travel security services firm. Only other sources I could find commenting on the interview were right-wing ones.

International SOS look like a corporate consulting firm who promise to guide you on protecting your workers from the virus. I can't help but think that the virus running loose would drum up more business in their direction.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reckon some businesses do benefit in these trying times. 
Like debt relief companies and cleaning services.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

It's getting to the point where the only course of action I can think of for the UK to take is a regular, repeating and scheduled lockdown until vaccines are produced. Something like every 2 months, lockdown for 2 weeks and operate on a reduced contact system with restricted gatherings of 6 or less the rest of the time. So kick the transmission rate down, on regular intervals knowing it'll grow in between them but schedule it so that the kick down happens often enough to stop it escalating out of control.

Doing it on a repeating schedule lets people, businesses and state budget and plan for it rather than the current uncertainty around the if/when.

Economic damage is temporary and fixable even if it takes years, debilitating illness lasts a lifetime, death is permanent and lasts forever.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:28:25 am by MorleyDev »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ironically, that shared trip across the Scottish border I mentioned a week or so ago... It was postponed for unrelated reasons. The person prompting the journey 'plans' it to happen next week, but that was before the whole L2/L3 lockdown announcements yesterday Monday, with one end-point now in an L2 area, which recomplicates everything on the English side!

(UK politics is 'fun'. Even excluding the thing about devolved regions, when the national Opposition declines to utterly support the government in seemingly arbitrary lical lockdowns t(hat it can't even agree within itself about) it is accused of not being helpful, and when they suggest that the government go with the actual scientific recommendation of the circuit-breaking they're told not to be silly.)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Ironically, that shared trip across the Scottish border I mentioned a week or so ago... It was postponed for unrelated reasons. The person prompting the journey 'plans' it to happen next week, but that was before the whole L2/L3 lockdown announcements yesterday Monday, with one end-point now in an L2 area, which recomplicates everything on the English side!

(UK politics is 'fun'. Even excluding the thing about devolved regions, when the national Opposition declines to utterly support the government in seemingly arbitrary lical lockdowns t(hat it can't even agree within itself about) it is accused of not being helpful, and when they suggest that the government go with the actual scientific recommendation of the circuit-breaking they're told not to be silly.)
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-northern-ireland-set-to-impose-circuit-breaker-lockdown-for-four-weeks-12103640
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye, but that's (mostly) devolved stuff.  Westminster politics seems to be largely doing exactly what the three other semi-independent governments aren't doing (and quite possibly would be at odds with the fourth, if there was one for England too).

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Meanwhile in Southern Ireland: the county I" m on has few infections/100k inhabitants and I think a cute blonde girl is hitting on me.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

"Pardon me m'lady, verily thou art quite fetching. Alas, Covid-19 comes betwixt us, and I must bid you farewell."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 459