Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 477617 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

You're not thinking big enough. Why not take people with the plague and transplant healthy hearts into them?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Intentionally infect half of them with the virus you mean. You can't rule out that all their hearts spontaneously got unhealthy by themselves otherwise.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The big thing to worry about (I haven't read the link yet) is whether it was a study specifically to look for the theorised damage, or did they just farm tons of data looking for an apparent correlation.

Give me enough data, and I could correlate something like a preference for a certain shade of paint with which testicle is most descended...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I looked up 'Plandemic' and burst out laughing. The conspiracy movie apparently claims the whole thing is faked, with the goal of making money off selling vaccinations. That was where i burst out laughing. They're going to wipe trillions of dollars off the world economy in order to make some measly bucks selling a vaccine?

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-plandemic-and-the-seven-traits-of-conspiratorial-thinking-138483

One strong disconfirmation to the conspiracy theory is how much people wearing masks royally fucks with facial recognition. You know, those same masks all the protestors used to wear.

Here, there was a conspiracy theorist who was urging everyone to wear masks before, when they weren't recommended, but when the outbreak spread and they started saying "ok it might be good for everyone to wear a mask, please wear masks" she's ripped her mask off as an act of defiance against the powers that be, since clearly, covering everyone's faces is part of their nefarious plot.

https://www.bbc.com/news/52847648

A new YouGov poll of 1,640 people suggests that 28% of Americans believe that Bill Gates wants to use vaccines to implant microchips in people - with the figure rising to 44% among Republicans.

How the hell is this even a thing? Well I guess that considering these people believe in actual magic and demons then any other belief no matter how preposterous can be considered plausible.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 02:53:22 am by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

How the hell is this even a thing? Well I guess that considering these people believe in actual magic and demons then any other belief no matter how preposterous can be considered plausible.
Corona virus is tailored by democrats to cause more brain damage in republicans, obviously.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Corona virus is tailored by democrats to cause more brain damage in republicans, obviously.

Come on, it's obvious that masks are to filter out air so you breath in more chemtrails.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not all the Shape-Changing Lizards can do human mouths properly (Don Jr can't, whatever he is), and masks let more of them walk among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

I’m not sure why people think microchips are going to be implanted. Electronic devices do very poorly in moist environments. Even if the vaccine is used to implant them, they will very likely break on contact with blood.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

The kind of chip implanted (since they are commonly used to track animals, such as pets) is fully encapsulated in borosilicate glass. They contain no chemical batteries, and instead rely on an inductor and a ceramic capacitor, attached to a long, thin coiled copper antenna, all packaged cleanly and hermetically inside the borosilicate capsule.

See image:

They only work within a short distance of a reader, which actively sends a radio pulse, which energizes the internal antenna coil, which then applies a charge to the internal capacitor, and the inductor supplies a more reliable current flow for a very tiny period of time, in which the implant then chirps out a short digital message on its target band. 

The implants are quite large.  If one was injected, the recipient would notice.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Okay but what if you tacked on a GPS, comm-tower uplink, and camera
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know this is a facetious question.. but...

ASSUMING that you could get a regular supplier-- AND-- that you have completely overcome all of the technical obstacles to using the technology (such as being rendered inert through the accumulation of biological polymers, like protein complexes such as blood platelets) -- One could produce a device capable of sending a very simplistic cellular signal, that relies on GPS signals.  Extreme low power computing is totally a thing, and as such, theoretically possible...

However, you then end up with certain physics problems manifesting themselves. Namely, you cannot produce reliable signals without an appropriate antenna geometry, and you do not get appropriate antenna geometries without certain size requirements being met. (at least, not for anything outside of the near field.)

SO--  If you don't mind your implant recipient looking a little like the hunchback of notre dame, due to the enormous bulge on his shoulder from the excessively large implant, that is excessively large because of all the requisite physics needed for the devices to operate--- Then sure-- SURE-- you can put something like that inside somebody.

Considering that the previous implants are about the size of a pine nut, and would be easily felt beneath the skin of somebody that had one inserted-- (and would CERTAINLY feel it going in!!)-- I cannot imagine a circumstance where such an enormous implant could be installed surreptitiously.

Mostly, it's just people basing a world view on faulty modern-reinterpretation of really old bronze age prophetic rambling, who cannot be bothered to actually research anything at all about the potential obstacles to feasibility of such an absurd conjecture, but respond very fearfully of the notion instead.

As NG properly points out, the human body is a VERY hostile environment for ANYTHING that gets implanted.  The body does NOT like foreign material, of any kind.  Things like artificial joints, osteopedic supports, or artificial heart valves, *ALL* have to be made of very special materials to avoid having the body freak its shit, and destroy the surrounding tissue with runaway inflammatory reactions, or (in the case of heart valves) coating them in thick layers of biopolymers (which then can lead to stroke and other complications).  This is why the pet-tracker implant is hermetically sealed inside a borosilicate capsule.

There *ARE* vastly smaller RFID tags that have been made-- some as tiny as particles of black pepper-- with some suggestions that they could be integrated into paper currency notes to better track and prevent counterfeiting--  They are *NOT* made to the necessary requirements to survive inside a biological organism's body, and would be inactivated in hours by a host if they were just loaded up and shot under the skin. (In addition to likely causing all manner of adverse reactions.)

BUT-- these people are a lot less interested in the danger of being tracked-- (See cellphones, Facebook, Targeted advertising, Et Al) and MUCH MORE interested in the religious prognostication (Mark of the beast, and eternal damnation)-- so who am I to try to bring enlightenment, where none is wanted?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

The kind of chip implanted (since they are commonly used to track animals, such as pets) is fully encapsulated in borosilicate glass. They contain no chemical batteries, and instead rely on an inductor and a ceramic capacitor, attached to a long, thin coiled copper antenna, all packaged cleanly and hermetically inside the borosilicate capsule.

See image:

They only work within a short distance of a reader, which actively sends a radio pulse, which energizes the internal antenna coil, which then applies a charge to the internal capacitor, and the inductor supplies a more reliable current flow for a very tiny period of time, in which the implant then chirps out a short digital message on its target band. 

The implants are quite large.  If one was injected, the recipient would notice.
I know this is a facetious question.. but...

ASSUMING that you could get a regular supplier-- AND-- that you have completely overcome all of the technical obstacles to using the technology (such as being rendered inert through the accumulation of biological polymers, like protein complexes such as blood platelets) -- One could produce a device capable of sending a very simplistic cellular signal, that relies on GPS signals.  Extreme low power computing is totally a thing, and as such, theoretically possible...

However, you then end up with certain physics problems manifesting themselves. Namely, you cannot produce reliable signals without an appropriate antenna geometry, and you do not get appropriate antenna geometries without certain size requirements being met. (at least, not for anything outside of the near field.)

SO--  If you don't mind your implant recipient looking a little like the hunchback of notre dame, due to the enormous bulge on his shoulder from the excessively large implant, that is excessively large because of all the requisite physics needed for the devices to operate--- Then sure-- SURE-- you can put something like that inside somebody.

Considering that the previous implants are about the size of a pine nut, and would be easily felt beneath the skin of somebody that had one inserted-- (and would CERTAINLY feel it going in!!)-- I cannot imagine a circumstance where such an enormous implant could be installed surreptitiously.

Mostly, it's just people basing a world view on faulty modern-reinterpretation of really old bronze age prophetic rambling, who cannot be bothered to actually research anything at all about the potential obstacles to feasibility of such an absurd conjecture, but respond very fearfully of the notion instead.

As NG properly points out, the human body is a VERY hostile environment for ANYTHING that gets implanted.  The body does NOT like foreign material, of any kind.  Things like artificial joints, osteopedic supports, or artificial heart valves, *ALL* have to be made of very special materials to avoid having the body freak its shit, and destroy the surrounding tissue with runaway inflammatory reactions, or (in the case of heart valves) coating them in thick layers of biopolymers (which then can lead to stroke and other complications).  This is why the pet-tracker implant is hermetically sealed inside a borosilicate capsule.

There *ARE* vastly smaller RFID tags that have been made-- some as tiny as particles of black pepper-- with some suggestions that they could be integrated into paper currency notes to better track and prevent counterfeiting--  They are *NOT* made to the necessary requirements to survive inside a biological organism's body, and would be inactivated in hours by a host if they were just loaded up and shot under the skin. (In addition to likely causing all manner of adverse reactions.)

BUT-- these people are a lot less interested in the danger of being tracked-- (See cellphones, Facebook, Targeted advertising, Et Al) and MUCH MORE interested in the religious prognostication (Mark of the beast, and eternal damnation)-- so who am I to try to bring enlightenment, where none is wanted?
Thanks for the information.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And, thanks to you, NG, we've now all had all the information twice.... ;)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are of course, all the OTHER things that would make this completely impossible to keep secret, and which would be completely impossible to cover-up, which would be a natural consequence of implanting conductors inside a human body--

short list:

1) They would show up very brightly on radiology film.  Xrays at your dentist? YUP, your dentist and dental hygenist would need to be "In" on the conspiracy to never tell you about the large pine nut sized implant that somehow got shoved up your damn nose. (or something.)

2) If you get in a motorvehicle accident, and get rushed to a hospital where they do an MRI on you to make sure you dont have a hematoma pushing on your brain, if you have one of these shoved in there, it is gonna get magnetized, and literally SHOOT THE FUCK OUT OF YOU LIKE A BULLET, and will destroy the MRI.  You know that inductor that's integrated into it? The one that regulates its power curve so it can reliably send its clandestine messages to the CIA with their invisible guns?  YEAH-- THAT ONE-- guess how it works? MAGNETS. Know what an MRI is? A GIANT, HELIUM COOLED, SUPER POWERFUL MAGNET.   PTOOO! that thing is gonna burst out of your noggin like a chestburster alien as soon as they turn that thing on.  Good luck covering that one up.  At the VERY LEAST, even if it does not shoot out of you like a bullet, it will do what its circuit intention is-- prevent changes in current-- as the ENORMOUS field is applied to your head, and thus act like a very powerful resistor for a few tiny portions of a second, and in that time, get so unbelievably hot that it will rupture the vial it is encased in, and cause severe trauma to your head meats. FUN TIMES!

3) Nevermind the absolutely ABSURD number of people that would have to be in on the conspiracy to put one of those "CLEARLY NOT A NASOPHYRANGEAL SWAB" up people's noses. (Hell, the makeup test I had to do because some dipshit ruptured my test vial in transit, WAS SELF ADMINISTERED-- Clearly, I would have to be in on the very conspiracy against myself, to implant my own damn chip!)

Now, if you will excuse me, I would prefer to no longer think about the absurdity of this concept, and get back to discussing things that can actually help in this global crisis-- like getting people to wear their damn masks, and to stay the fuck home unless they have a dire need to do otherwise.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:28:44 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 459