Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 477319 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19: Super Stay Home Edition
« Reply #3000 on: May 09, 2020, 01:18:11 pm »

Dammit Kojima, Viral AR games are supposed to come *before* your new release.  And be opt-in.
Also what even is Death Stranding, please no one explain it to me
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: May 09, 2020, 01:33:25 pm »

Dammit Kojima, Viral AR games are supposed to come *before* your new release.  And be opt-in.
Also what even is Death Stranding, please no one explain it to me
if you don’t want it explained, why ask what it is? Do you actually want it explained or do you not?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: May 09, 2020, 01:41:11 pm »

Also what even is Death Stranding
Well you see-
please no one explain it to me
how dare you. You can't do this to me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: May 09, 2020, 01:43:56 pm »

I used "what even is X" like "WTF", expressing astonishment at how difficult it is to understand.  I could figure out Death Stranding, like I've enjoyed delving into the lore of his other work Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid, but I don't actually want someone to explain it to me because it would take a lot of effort to explain.  It would, to put it lightly, derail the thread.

Fakedit:  And I know that many would be happy to do so :P

Real edit: I find an odd enjoyment in observing fandoms of things without peeking for myself.  Trying to understand Undertale from the outside-in, while doing my best to dodge or forget spoilers, was a treat almost on-par with the game itself.  Sunless Skies as well.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:58:43 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: May 09, 2020, 01:52:27 pm »

Death Stranding is just pretending you're an Amazon worker in these current times.  Kojima was truly ahead of his time.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: May 09, 2020, 03:55:35 pm »

Real edit: I find an odd enjoyment in observing fandoms of things without peeking for myself.  Trying to understand Undertale from the outside-in, while doing my best to dodge or forget spoilers, was a treat almost on-par with the game itself.  Sunless Skies as well.
Sounds like someone needs to play Marathon. The fandom is still trying to piece everything together, almost 30 years on...

Death Stranding is just pretending you're an Amazon worker in these current times.  Kojima was truly ahead of his time.

From what I've heard from my buddy, the scary evil dead things are scary and evil until you realize you can just outrun them, and the map is a vast and challenging expanse that is vast and challenging until you can build ziplines.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: May 09, 2020, 05:30:40 pm »

(/feels left out, with no Facebook account and stupid "Sign Up Now!" pop-overs obscuring the comments that can be seen and the video not even wanting to play to see what exactly everyone's laugh-emojing at anyway...)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: May 09, 2020, 05:57:17 pm »

(/feels left out, with no Facebook account and stupid "Sign Up Now!" pop-overs obscuring the comments that can be seen and the video not even wanting to play to see what exactly everyone's laugh-emojing at anyway...)
there’s a no thanks button you can press to get the pop up away.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: May 09, 2020, 08:34:26 pm »

From what I've heard from my buddy, the scary evil dead things are scary and evil until you realize you can just outrun them, and the map is a vast and challenging expanse that is vast and challenging until you can build ziplines.

They are annoying as hell to outrun though, they turn the ground to sludge that slows you down if there's no raised objects to climb onto. Easiest way to escape them is to pee on them, it makes them go away. Plus who doesn't want to pee on murderous ghosts?  :P

Ziplines and roads take most of the vastness of the map away, but you can't carry much if you use ziplines since you miss out on several ways to expand cargo space. Been a while since I played, but I usually just filled up my truck and drove along the highways I helped rebuild and saved the ziplines for places that the roads didn't reach and were a pain to drive a car to.

It was a pretty nice game to chill out with more than anything. The writing is all over the place, but the scenery is pretty, the combat is surprisingly good and quite infrequent and the soundtrack is nice.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: May 09, 2020, 08:40:44 pm »

On the first one, yes (either a "no thanks" or an "x", it varies), but then the second level of pestering basically gives "Join" or "Log In" options with no way round, and obscures the lower half of the page which logically should give something like a "More Comments" or something below the video and thus expand the page with more than " :D :D :D :D :D "-type ones and give me some directly quoting commentaries that would have clued me in on the situation beyond the video's main subtitle...

But I'm not seeking to solve this (easist solution would be to sell my soul to Zuckerburg, of course), just thought I'd comment on my feeling under-informed. I doubt I shall lose sleep over it. (That it's 2:30am at the moment is incidental!)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: May 09, 2020, 08:56:09 pm »

On the first one, yes (either a "no thanks" or an "x", it varies), but then the second level of pestering basically gives "Join" or "Log In" options with no way round, and obscures the lower half of the page which logically should give something like a "More Comments" or something below the video and thus expand the page with more than " :D :D :D :D :D "-type ones and give me some directly quoting commentaries that would have clued me in on the situation beyond the video's main subtitle...

But I'm not seeking to solve this (easist solution would be to sell my soul to Zuckerburg, of course), just thought I'd comment on my feeling under-informed. I doubt I shall lose sleep over it. (That it's 2:30am at the moment is incidental!)
i don’t have a Facebook account anymore, but was still able to see the video. I didn’t look for comments so I didn’t know the blockage of them occured. I know from back when I had a Facebook account that most of the time, the comments will be arguments that, more likely than not, turn into insult chains.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: May 10, 2020, 01:52:59 am »

On the first one, yes (either a "no thanks" or an "x", it varies), but then the second level of pestering basically gives "Join" or "Log In" options with no way round, and obscures the lower half of the page
Yeah this. I refuse to join.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: May 10, 2020, 02:05:01 am »

You guys act like you are shocked by that.  I wonder where you have been for the past 5 to 10 years.  FaceBook as been like that since... FOREVER.

Ever since they got their hentai tentacles into every other website on the planet, in exchange for that sweet sweet ad-impression and unique user tracking analytics money, they have been obstinately cockblocking basically everything unless you present your digital equivalent of your ear-tag. (you walking piece of human meat, you.)

"what, you want to view something on facebook? NO! SIGN UP! WE NEED YOUR ANALYTICS DATA! NEEEEEEEED IT!" (craven drug junkie tweaking sounds and jerky motions)

Or, has the "Oh, we over-rode your privacy settings on our update ***AGAIN*** for the 20th time now, and opted you into the expanded analytics, then FUCKING HID the option to opt-out again in a new place, again, for the 20th time! (slight hyperbole, but they HAVE done this many times, and has consistently operated with that tactic. ) Also, you can't opt out near as much now, because we NEEEEEEEEEEED that analytics!" bullshit, somehow not made itself apparent to you?

Sorry for being so toxic, but Facebook needs to fucking die already.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:22:00 am by wierd »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: May 10, 2020, 02:14:50 am »

Yeah it does.
I can still remember how outraged I was when I was forced to make a Facebook account by my studies.
"You need this for the rest of your studies"

I used it exactly once, for that class, never looked back.  Heck I can't even recall the account name anymore even if I wanted to.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 459