Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]

Author Topic: [MODDING] General modding questions thread  (Read 152835 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] General modding questions thread
« Reply #915 on: October 09, 2024, 10:07:56 am »

Yeah, vanilla overlapping is very fiddly, and probably not advisable. Official support for graphic-'graphic' sets would be preferable over it but there are some things with DFhack you can do to have the module present a particular look, if you're willing to go through the labrinthine code lists, i got completely sidetracked by IRL stuff to look into it too much.

If i remember correct, Itch.io currently just gives a steam key for DF. I've never seen anybody not be careful to mention the intellectual rights when they've had to alter base DF sprites, but it could easily be just how its (not) reported on the platform when it happens because its community based.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] General modding questions thread
« Reply #916 on: October 09, 2024, 12:15:05 pm »

Is the Steam build of the game different than the Itch.io build of the game? I think I read that only the Steam version had workshop support, but that isn’t a property of the binary itself, is it?

The binary is different, but only because of uploading to the Steam workshop, otherwise they're completely identical. The classic binary's only difference is that it doesn't have a lot of the music logic, which is actually kind of a problem.

If i remember correct, Itch.io currently just gives a steam key for DF.

You can download the game directly from Itch and we have a separate build for it (for aforementioned "upload to steam workshop" reasons).

Also, am I allowed to publish modified version of the vanilla graphics in mods on the steam workshop? The mod page on the wiki implies that it’s probably okay.

I don't know, but I have.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]