Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] General modding questions thread  (Read 148765 times)

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
  • Sewer Brew Graphical Overhaul Mod, v.50.01 and up
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2020, 04:34:38 am »

Not sure if this goes here, but which mods use the secrets system to add magic other than necromancy? I wanna make a personal magic mod and I'd like to dissect how other people have done it, so I know I'm not screwing up.

Making an Earthbound mod right now, and I heavily relied on slabs for a while.

Also what I've found is that if you want multiple slabs in a world, it may be easier to completely remove the  [IS_SPHERE:X] from the secret/ secrets altogether. It seems like that may make it so multiple deities claim the secret rather than those just belonging to the "fire" sphere or what have you. Just did this today to a positive result.

Otherwise, you could try reactions (sacrifice etc.) utilizing materials exclusively used for magic-learning, thought I usually relegate that to adventure mode. If that wasn't clear I could provide an example as well, if you're wondering where to start.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2020, 05:26:56 am »

Has anyone ever made a reaction that successfully uses skulls (not just bones, but skulls specifically)?
Maybe make the reaction require a TOTEM item, which can be only made from skulls?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Item_token

Or maybe put a reaction class on every creature skull's bonematerial, and require that class in reagent.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
  • Sewer Brew Graphical Overhaul Mod, v.50.01 and up
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2020, 05:27:04 pm »

Has anyone ever made a reaction that successfully uses skulls (not just bones, but skulls specifically)?
Maybe make the reaction require a TOTEM item, which can be only made from skulls?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Item_token

Or maybe put a reaction class on every creature skull's bonematerial, and require that class in reagent.

Is there a method of demanding that skulls are the item provided? Basically in a manner similar to the totem-creating reaction that's probably hard-coded.

Thanks for the response btw that was really useful.

Mim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2020, 06:08:47 pm »

So, I've been making a Middle-earth mod, and with the new DF version I've been wondering what new things are possible with modding generated creatures. Here is my Middle-earth plan so far as generated creatures go:
(I already know how to rename creatures with DFHack, but I'll have to wait for the new DFHack to come out. How long do you expect that to take?)
- Rename Demons to Nameless Things
- Rename Unique Demons to Dark Lords, so they rule over Orc civs—Goblins are reworked to be Orcs
- Forgotten Beasts stay named Forgotten Beasts
- Titans are renamed to Great Beasts
- Now that leaves Angels, which is what I want to ask about. I was thinking of renaming them to Demons and making them wander underground like FBs with the FEATURE_BEAST tag. So they would be like Balrogs. Is this possible, and if so, are Angels more dangerous than Forgotten Beasts?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 06:11:48 pm by Mim »
I am an excellent proofreader... after I click submit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2020, 07:51:07 pm »

Not sure if this goes here, but which mods use the secrets system to add magic other than necromancy? I wanna make a personal magic mod and I'd like to dissect how other people have done it, so I know I'm not screwing up.

My mod has some good ones that use the new features
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174887.0.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2020, 08:44:09 pm »

NEW DISCOVERY! I put DOES_NOT_EXIST on dogs but when i added a summon fo rthem i was still able to summon them. So summoning totally ignores does_not_exist this should make things incredibly easy for special summons

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SUMMON_SHADOW_BEAST]
[I_TARGET:A:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION]
[I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:RANDOM_NEARBY_LOCATION:A:5]
    [I_EFFECT:SUMMON_UNIT]
        [IE_TARGET:B]
        [IE_IMMEDIATE]
            [CREATURE:DOG:ALL]
            [IE_MAKE_PET_IF_POSSIBLE]

[CREATURE:DOG]
[DESCRIPTION:A medium-sized highly social mammalian carnivore.  It has a keen sense of smell.  It can be trained to obey commands.]
[NAME:dog:dogs:canine]
[CASTE_NAME:dog:dogs:canine]
[CREATURE_TILE:'d'][COLOR:6:0:0]
[CREATURE_CLASS:MAMMAL]
[PETVALUE:30][NATURAL]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
    [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC][TRAINABLE][PET]
[BONECARN]
[PREFSTRING:loyalty]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODYGLOSS:PAW]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:1000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:12500]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:30000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:10:20]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[CHILD:1]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:puppy:puppies]
[DIURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:10070]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:900:447:298:149:1900:2900] 59 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[MUNDANE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_REAR:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:BROWN:1:WHITE:1:GRAY:1:LIGHT_BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:TAN:1:AUBURN:1:CHESTNUT:1:SLATE_GRAY:1:CREAM:1:CINNAMON:1:BUFF:1:BEIGE:1:CHOCOLATE:1:CHARCOAL:1:ASH_GRAY:1:RUSSET:1:IVORY:1:FLAX:1:PUMPKIN:1:GOLD:1:GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:GOLDENROD:1:COPPER:1:SAFFRON:1:AMBER:1:MAHOGANY:1:OCHRE:1:PALE_BROWN:1:RAW_UMBER:1:BURNT_SIENNA:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:DARK_CHESTNUT:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_DARK:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1:TAUPE_GRAY:1:TAUPE_MEDIUM:1:ECRU:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EAR:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:BROWN:1:WHITE:1:GRAY:1:LIGHT_BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:TAN:1:AUBURN:1:CHESTNUT:1:SLATE_GRAY:1:CREAM:1:CINNAMON:1:BUFF:1:BEIGE:1:CHOCOLATE:1:CHARCOAL:1:ASH_GRAY:1:RUSSET:1:IVORY:1:FLAX:1:PUMPKIN:1:GOLD:1:GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:GOLDENROD:1:COPPER:1:SAFFRON:1:AMBER:1:MAHOGANY:1:OCHRE:1:PALE_BROWN:1:RAW_UMBER:1:BURNT_SIENNA:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:DARK_CHESTNUT:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_DARK:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1:TAUPE_GRAY:1:TAUPE_MEDIUM:1:ECRU:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:ears:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:HAIR]
[TLCM_NOUN:tail:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[TLCM_NOUN:head:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RFTOE1:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RFTOE2:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RFTOE3:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RFTOE4:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LFTOE1:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LFTOE2:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LFTOE3:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LFTOE4:HAIR]
[TLCM_NOUN:front paws:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RRTOE1:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RRTOE2:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RRTOE3:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RRTOE4:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LRTOE1:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LRTOE2:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LRTOE3:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LRTOE4:HAIR]
[TLCM_NOUN:rear paws:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS_EYE_AMBER:1:IRIS_EYE_AQUA:1:IRIS_EYE_AQUAMARINE:1:IRIS_EYE_ASH_GRAY:1:IRIS_EYE_AUBURN:1:IRIS_EYE_AZURE:1:IRIS_EYE_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_BRASS:1:IRIS_EYE_BRONZE:1:IRIS_EYE_BROWN:1:IRIS_EYE_CERULEAN:1:IRIS_EYE_CHESTNUT:1:IRIS_EYE_CHOCOLATE:1:IRIS_EYE_CINNAMON:1:IRIS_EYE_COPPER:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_BROWN:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_CHESTNUT:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_OLIVE:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_TAN:1:IRIS_EYE_ECRU:1:IRIS_EYE_EMERALD:1:IRIS_EYE_FERN_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_GRAY:1:IRIS_EYE_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_JADE:1:IRIS_EYE_LIGHT_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_LIGHT_BROWN:1:IRIS_EYE_MAHOGANY:1:IRIS_EYE_MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_OCHRE:1:IRIS_EYE_OLIVE:1:IRIS_EYE_PALE_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_PALE_BROWN:1:IRIS_EYE_PALE_CHESTNUT:1:IRIS_EYE_PERIWINKLE:1:IRIS_EYE_PINE_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_RAW_UMBER:1:IRIS_EYE_RUSSET:1:IRIS_EYE_SEA_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_SEPIA:1:IRIS_EYE_SKY_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_SLATE_GRAY:1:IRIS_EYE_SPRING_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_TAN:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_DARK:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_GRAY:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_MEDIUM:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_PALE:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_SANDY:1:IRIS_EYE_TEAL:1:IRIS_EYE_TURQUOISE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

I also tested summoning chimeras and it crashed the game when i tried to summon a chimera. (chimeras are a defualt does_not_exist creature) But didnt error out i bet if i give them a body it will work fine This opens up so many possibilities.
This means I can make whatever creatures, tag them as DOES_NOT_EXIST and summon them that prevents them from spawning but allows me to summon them
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 08:54:53 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2020, 05:59:27 pm »

This is driving me nuts. A set of custom reactions that worked perfectly in .44 have now stopped working inexplicably in .47 for some reason.

Dwarf entity contained the correct names for permitted reactions at worldgen. Reaction file "reaction_knuckle" is properly headed as OBJECT_REACTION and existed at worldgen. KNUCKLES_BRASS correctly establishes a category subset with hotkey. All of this worked flawlessly in .44 and now fails in .47! Has anyone else had trouble with custom reactions?

Edit: Problem seems to have resolved by pasting reactions into default reaction_other file. So that's good, I guess.

Next challenge: regeneration!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 07:11:19 am by Warlord255 »
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2020, 06:46:51 pm »

So, I've been making a Middle-earth mod, and with the new DF version I've been wondering what new things are possible with modding generated creatures. Here is my Middle-earth plan so far as generated creatures go:
(I already know how to rename creatures with DFHack, but I'll have to wait for the new DFHack to come out. How long do you expect that to take?)
- Rename Demons to Nameless Things
- Rename Unique Demons to Dark Lords, so they rule over Orc civs—Goblins are reworked to be Orcs
- Forgotten Beasts stay named Forgotten Beasts
- Titans are renamed to Great Beasts
- Now that leaves Angels, which is what I want to ask about. I was thinking of renaming them to Demons and making them wander underground like FBs with the FEATURE_BEAST tag. So they would be like Balrogs. Is this possible, and if so, are Angels more dangerous than Forgotten Beasts?
lol nice profile pic
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2020, 09:52:58 pm »

So I've been working a ton on this old mod that I haven't posted an update for in like over a year, and I'm planning on updating it to the new version, but should I wait a few updates for 0.47.xx to stabilize first? How buggy is it currently?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2020, 05:14:52 am »

Time for a stupid question, while I'm at it. As with last idea I pondered, sorry if I missed anyone's prior experimentation.

In the event I were to tinker with the new features to add more magic secrets, is immortality still the only motivation that'd cause the secret to be learned in worldgen? Or has anyone been able to get other existing motives to work successfully?

I suppose doling out immortality, especially if it was JUST lack of aging rather than all the other side bonuses necromancy normally grants, would be adequate if it was still essential to prevent teachings from dying out before they can be passed on...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2020, 06:13:24 am »

So I've been working a ton on this old mod that I haven't posted an update for in like over a year, and I'm planning on updating it to the new version, but should I wait a few updates for 0.47.xx to stabilize first? How buggy is it currently?
It's playable enough. At least, as playable as 44.12 was.
Larger, longer worlds are still suffering from worldgen crashes (apparently), so if your mod tends to favour those you might want to wait until the next release.

Only thing I can think of right now is that altars can't be placed in fortress mode. So if you've added something which makes use of them, you won't see much of it.

And in Adventurer you can't fast travel or sleep at any of the new sites regardless of how friendly they are (or even if they're your actual home). Which can make that a little frustrating.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2020, 07:51:32 am »

Ha! Solved my own problem. Here's a sample interaction to conjure a sword.

[INTERACTION:CONJURE_WEAPON]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:conjure weapon]
[I_EFFECT:CREATE_ITEM]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ITEM:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:INORGANIC:IRON]
[IE_ITEM_QUALITY:ARTIFACT]

Replace "Artifact" with 0-5 if desired. Mine was named, but only said it "had craftsdwarfship of the highest quality". No randomly generated artifact decorations - which I assume will also hold true for divine gifts in adventure mode.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:16:58 am by Warlord255 »
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2020, 11:40:27 am »

What is the most efficient way to fill the world up with loads of different secret books, outside of necromancer towers?

If there is a teachable secret granted as a minor blessing, will that result in loads of histfigs learning it and writing books on it?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2020, 12:32:40 pm »

What is the most efficient way to fill the world up with loads of different secret books, outside of necromancer towers?
If there is a teachable secret granted as a minor blessing, will that result in loads of histfigs learning it and writing books on it?
Possibly increasing [SECRET_NUMBER:10] in the worldgen parameters.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2020, 12:41:35 pm »

Ha! Solved my own problem. Here's a sample interaction to conjure a sword.

[INTERACTION:CONJURE_WEAPON]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:conjure weapon]
[I_EFFECT:CREATE_ITEM]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ITEM:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:INORGANIC:IRON]
[IE_ITEM_QUALITY:ARTIFACT]

Replace "Artifact" with 0-5 if desired. Mine was named, but only said it "had craftsdwarfship of the highest quality". No randomly generated artifact decorations - which I assume will also hold true for divine gifts in adventure mode.

Question, did you check to see that any item summoned this way will show up in Legends Mode under artifacts, as well as be considered an artifact by everyone else in game (adv and fort)?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61