Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] General modding questions thread  (Read 148659 times)

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2020, 12:49:50 am »

Can i create original dialogue options and responses for use in adventure mode? Also is it possible to change what conflict level is triggered by a certain attack? EG: why does going for one's throat turn things lethal? Is there some token or value that determines that where I can see it?
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
  • Sewer Brew Graphical Overhaul Mod, v.50.01 and up
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2020, 12:51:34 am »

Has anyone ever made a reaction that successfully uses skulls (not just bones, but skulls specifically)?

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2020, 04:52:40 am »

@Fatace

I had the same problem as you when I updated my mod, but I got around it by letting the goblins have [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:0]. New goblin civs will appear when dwarves dig too deep in worldgen - and those new civs don't cause a crash.

(Note that I use [VARIABLE_POSITIONS], but not [SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS], and none of my positions are called [POSITION:CUSTOM_OFFICIAL_#]. Not sure if any of that matters, but just so you know)
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2020, 04:58:21 am »

Can i create original dialogue options and responses for use in adventure mode? Also is it possible to change what conflict level is triggered by a certain attack? EG: why does going for one's throat turn things lethal? Is there some token or value that determines that where I can see it?

Combat system is not editable as only toady can edit how much quarter (lethality and intent) a fight poses, but you can put in custom dialogue to existing events and some empty fields too for DF > Data > Speech

Including the infamous ``Greetings.  My name is [SPEAKER:TRANS_NAME].`` on greet.txt.
  • It has its own tokens which im not entirely sure if they're wrote down anywhere
[edit- removed this part of the message because i dont want to spread confusion]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 05:21:54 am by FantasticDorf »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2020, 10:52:56 am »

@Fatace

I had the same problem as you when I updated my mod, but I got around it by letting the goblins have [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:0]. New goblin civs will appear when dwarves dig too deep in worldgen - and those new civs don't cause a crash.

(Note that I use [VARIABLE_POSITIONS], but not [SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS], and none of my positions are called [POSITION:CUSTOM_OFFICIAL_#]. Not sure if any of that matters, but just so you know)

That is one possible way to look at it. Tho.. with Mods that have more than just goblins as dark fortress civs, would harshly decline in the amount of wanted civs.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2020, 12:27:59 pm »

So as a break from the summoned-weapon-wielding -

I suspect that raw-defined TITANS and FEATURE_BEASTS do not get placed, or maybe if they do, they cause the game to crash at history generation start. Has anyone else experimented with those tokens yet? DEMON and UNIQUE_DEMON appear to work perfectly fine, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2020, 02:41:26 pm »

So, Tried to create a custom experiment interaction. It didnt stop my summoners from being created but with the custom interaction as an option they were, strangely enough, unable to build towers. When i got rid of it they worked. With it they did the whole vampire, "go from village to village" thing. Not sure if thats  a bug. But be wary fellow modders.

Going based off this, and other posts, have we found the can and cants for modded secrets that can make towers? Like what is needed, and what cannot be there?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2020, 02:48:54 pm »

Going based off this, and other posts, have we found the can and cants for modded secrets that can make towers? Like what is needed, and what cannot be there?

Last I checked, unless .47.01 has changed the mechanics, a secret-holder needs to gain an interaction that lets them obtain minions via reanimation, and the tower gets built if they have enough. I dunno yet if summoning monsters creates valid laborers for that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2020, 02:53:02 pm »

Going off of reading previous posts I've mentioned, as well as my own experience so far.. seems like Summonings don't work, as well as my old previous  [I_EFFECT:ANIMATE] tags that I had them change into elemental creatures that worked in 44.x

Which is why im triple checking on if anyone knows a more specified reason with the new requirement changes for a secret to build towers lol.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2020, 03:08:38 pm »

How do I get a disease interaction to spread via blood? Preferably with contact transmitting it.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
  • Sewer Brew Graphical Overhaul Mod, v.50.01 and up
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2020, 07:35:06 pm »

How do I get a disease interaction to spread via blood? Preferably with contact transmitting it.

If I'm correct, that would require a special blood material with a syndrome to be used as a creature's blood (like creature specific venom templates). The syndrome would be similar to the cave blob fluid, at least in the fact that it would use SYN_CONTACT.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2020, 07:55:51 pm »

Last I checked, unless .47.01 has changed the mechanics, a secret-holder needs to gain an interaction that lets them obtain minions via reanimation, and the tower gets built if they have enough. I dunno yet if summoning monsters creates valid laborers for that.
Did you read any of my posts?
I found already that summoning does not create valid minions for that. Animate is still required.

Also transforming the animated things doesn't seem to work anymore at least for tower building.

Also no one has answered my EXPERIMENT question so i guess ill have to play around with that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 08:00:09 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2020, 08:27:49 pm »

Yeah I did read your posts, tho it was a bit vague, the summoning part was clear, but with you saying that made a lot more clear now lol.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2020, 09:22:31 pm »

Yeah I did read your posts, tho it was a bit vague, the summoning part was clear, but with you saying that made a lot more clear now lol.

I wa smostly responding to random_dragon
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2020, 12:52:16 am »

I kinda missed that, actually. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61