Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119869 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1875 on: December 21, 2020, 07:30:27 am »

After them
((Thought we mentioned following them earlier))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: December 22, 2020, 01:22:07 am »

Follow the creatures.
((My bolded action said to follow them.))
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: December 23, 2020, 10:15:26 am »

Dixie climbs a nearby tree to see if the lake is visible from their spot.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 10:19:10 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 25, 2020, 01:08:18 am »

[Jack will examine the area for any new and tasty looking ingredients, and leans heavily on his hobo-senses for either anything lingeringly hostile, or that appears out of place.  Mama will look for anything that might actually be tasty to eat, and anything that smells suspicious.]

[Roll: 8/20]
[Roll: 9/20]

Jack finds a few strange-looking plants in the nearby area. One has a spiraling leaf structure with small hairs, and another is a tree-like bush that's producing little berries, hard in texture and giving off a spicy pungent smell like that of smokey pepper.

Mama explores around; it seems she's also mostly unfamiliar with these plants, not having traveled to these parts of the woods before. She gives the peppery berries a sniff and recoils a bit, disturbed by the strong smell.

With how obscured by vegetation the surroundings are, it's difficult to tell what's nearby, but Jack doesn't sense any immediate dangers. It's hard to say what the cause of the tremors is or where they originate, but it seems to be some distance away.

Dixie climbs a nearby tree to see if the lake is visible from their spot.

The trees are very tall, almost unnaturally so, making it difficult to reach a point high enough to see beyond the forest. About 25 meters up, Dixie catches a glimpse of shimmering blue in the distance. It appears that the lake is not too far away, though there is still some distance to cover.

[Roll: 4/20]

The branch Dixie is standing on suddenly starts to break, giving her only a moment's warning before it snaps. Dixie starts to freefall, but manages to grab onto another nearby branch after falling just a few meters. Now about 20 meters up, Dixie hangs on to the branch in mid air with one hand, trying not to slip.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 25, 2020, 03:05:31 am »

This place was very unfamiliar.  Even the plantlife was new and obscure, even to him.  It had been... Gods... YEARS since he had experienced this.  Thankfully there was a local library, and a local apothecary that could potentially help with this predicament, but they would need something to go on other than vague descriptions.  Gingerly, he collected samples of the unusual plantlife and tucked them away in bottles. 

Mama was just as displeased with the local environs. Nothing here was edible, or at least, safely edible. He consoled her, and reminded her that this is why he was holding on to that loaf of special bread. He rubbed her on the back of her head, and caressed her ears, then pinched off a bite-sized hunk of the loaf, and held it out for her. She really wanted something more flavorful, but the feeling of satiety it gave was very welcome, if still jarring to her.

The tree growth was dense, and so was the forest floor vegetation.  Resting here would be difficult. Not wanting to waste time, he set about finding a somewhat more open patch of forest floor; a place where the trees weren't QUITE as close together. Someplace where one could safely start a fire, and not light the whole place up like a match.  Edwarg had parted company from Linea, and was off doing his own exploration of the local environs, and was nowhere to be seen. Jack had just decided on a spot, when the sound a snapping tree limb caught his attention, and drew the attention of his eye.  Dixie had climbed one of the ancient trees, presumably to get a bearing on their path and to scope out landmarks, but had broken off a limb she was standing on, compromising her position high up, atop the tree.

There was no real way to assist her that high up, other than to help assure any falls would land on something soft.  Hurriedly, and with purpose, the old man started furiously drawing away the heavy brush and bramble from beneath the tree, then laying a spongy bed of small twiggy branches and fallen leaflitter just beneath the compromised woman.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: December 25, 2020, 03:33:11 am »

"Oh-- That was close..."
Good thing Dixie wears leather gloves. Could you imagine the rash on her hands by this point? Tree bark is rough.
Anyway, Dixie looked down. Ah, it would've been such a rough fall...

Hm? Something's accumulating directly below her. Is this Jack's doing? Dixie smiled, then gruntingly reached out to her bag behind her for a leather mask and equipped it. Just in case. She then let go of the branch, and positioned herself mid-air to land at the bushes and leaves with her right side, her right arm bracing her head and her legs tucked fetally.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: December 25, 2020, 04:15:05 am »

This place was very unfamiliar.  Even the plantlife was new and obscure, even to him.  It had been... Gods... YEARS since he had experienced this.  Thankfully there was a local library, and a local apothecary that could potentially help with this predicament, but they would need something to go on other than vague descriptions.  Gingerly, he collected samples of the unusual plantlife and tucked them away in bottles.

[Jack obtains Unknown Plant Sample (Spiral Fern), Unknown Plant Sample (Pepper Berries)]

"Oh-- That was close..."
Good thing Dixie wears leather gloves. Could you imagine the rash on her hands by this point? Tree bark is rough.
Anyway, Dixie looked down. Ah, it would've been such a rough fall...

Hm? Something's accumulating directly below her. Is this Jack's doing? Dixie smiled, then gruntingly reached out to her bag behind her for a leather mask and equipped it. Just in case. She then let go of the branch, and positioned herself mid-air to land at the bushes and leaves with her right side, her right arm bracing her head and her legs tucked fetally.

Dixie lands in the bed of foliage with a leafy impact. It was a long fall, but thanks to the landing cushion and her preparation, she suffers just a minor bruise on her arm and some dirtied clothes.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 25, 2020, 06:06:59 am »

"Ow..."

Dixie slowly sits up and then looks up. "From such a height... That could've gotten a lot worse."

A pain buds from her right arm, and she undoes her sleeve to reveal a minor bruise. She hovers her left hand onto it and starts to drown the bruise in healing magic.

She looks around for Jack, who she was sure aided to soften her fall.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 07:54:52 pm by The Centipede »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: December 25, 2020, 01:15:33 pm »

After them
((Thought we mentioned following them earlier))
Follow the creatures.
((My bolded action said to follow them.))
"Okay then lets get following, just gonna say that we might not be able to for very long as I don't think anyone in this group is very stealthy."
Follow the creatures and see where they go.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: December 26, 2020, 01:36:25 am »

From afar the line where the normal greenery turned into blighted land was clear-cut, but upon a closer approach it was anything but. It blended almost seamlessly, where the natural growth seemed increasingly sickly until at one point there's nothing but twisted and withering plants left.

Rot wasn't something unfamiliar to forest, under normal circumstances. The entire biome should be a constant cycle of life and death. Not this part. The rot spread, yet nothing new grew out of it. Not a single sprout, nor a single insect skittering about. This part of the woods was eerily still, save for the rustling wake left by their quarry not far ahead.

To Reeta, the environment felt suffocating. As if the very air itself pressed down on her, a tingling sensation where her own mana broiled in agitation as it slowly leaked out. A vague whisper rose, faint and only perceivable to her. Was she hallucinating? Could she even be capable of it in the first place?

The mandibeasts continued north, undisturbed by the corruption. The lack of ambient noises may increase the difficulty to follow them quietly, but the attempt can still be made regardless.

What will the party do?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: December 26, 2020, 04:21:52 am »

"Well this place is weird, should turn around or keep going?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: December 26, 2020, 02:01:50 pm »

I don’t feel so good. I hear whispers, and I feel like mana’s leaking from me. Do you feel anything? If not, when the others get here, you can go ahead. I think I need to leave. You and GSH can continue if you don’t feel mana drainage or hear whispering
Do the whispers say anything or is it just gibberish? Go back to where the suffocation stops

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: December 27, 2020, 02:58:25 am »

"I don't feel or hear anything, but if your not continuing I don't think it's a good idea to continue with just me and the tin man here, and he doesn't seem be home right now, also when would the others show up I don't think they know where we are."
Follow the plant person to wherever they go.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: December 27, 2020, 08:09:32 am »

GSH had no idea how or why was he in that place, the last thing he remembered is some strangers left and then boom blank. He asked himself if he is sleep walking again it is apparent that he is. He shook his head and slapped his helmet several times and then took a fighting pose.

"So uhhh I was completely awake all the time... Yeah, I am not sleep walking or anything hehehe" he nervously laughs. "So yeah, ill go wherever you guys decide to go, and slay whatever we need to slay... Uh... We are not in a middle of a greenskin invasion are we..?"

GSH follows the group

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: December 28, 2020, 04:54:58 am »

"There are no greenskins and we aren't fighting, we're leaving the forest so the plant person who's name I don't know won't die or something."
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 142