Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119947 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1815 on: December 02, 2020, 10:04:32 am »

I think we should try going around them
But they could have info, or if their hostile we could take their stuff they're dead.
if they’re dead they wouldn’t be using a campfire, also they could be infected. Slayer and I learned that the plants that live inside creatures can also live in pixies too. Even if they aren’t infected, I’m unsure if we can take all of them on. Maybe you or Slayer should talk with them. Since it’s a type of plant that’s causing problems, I’ll likely be seen as a target. Before going, find something to plug your ears, if things get...dicey? I can play my flute, which confuses those that hear it into not knowing who friend or foe are for a time. The earplugs would be so you don’t get affected as well. I’m mentioning possible ideas. Maybe we can stay out of notice and watch for monsters or aggressive creatures and fight them, if they notice us then and they aren’t infected, they’d know that we’re not hostile, if they are infected and notice us, we’d already have our weapons out and ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 03, 2020, 03:54:08 am »

She stared at the 2 rolled-up pancakes inside his cup and then took a bit out of both of them at the same time.

"Maybe until next morning."

Jack nodded his acceptance and comprehension of the situation. It was inconvenient, but not an emergency. Just more.. potentially embarrassing for Dixie than anything else.

Uh see... he said, continuing to stroke his beard. Duh ya need any wood or anythun 'n there? he asked politely. I dun' think at' fool ol wizard keeps any sticks o' branches layin 'bout in 'at "manicured" lawn o' his.  I'd be happy ta--

As he linked up with the party. Skye stay stand still and close his eyes.

A circle spreads in wide within 100 yards, follow up a grayscale environment inside of it. The naked silhouette of Linea filled with an overflowing of mana which more brighter than the average on like the rest of the party which is normal flow in their bodies. Dularach same case of Linea even in Dexie's too if the range reaches her.

Also within the range, notify what are those that got detected.

A sudden intense sensation of being observed raced up his back and caught his breath mid-sentence. Impulsively and probably more than a fair bit alarmingly, he grabbed the haft of his staff and spun around on the ball of one foot, suddenly facing away into the gloom.

Ed and Linea were completely unaware of any disturbance, other than perhaps what he himself was causing through his reaction. Ed was watching him somewhat intently, while Linea just looked into the fire, mostly oblivious to anything but the cold around her, judging from her body language.

"A bit jumpy aren't you pops?" teased the red-haired orc with a laugh.

Jack ignored him, and strained to make out what it was that had just cast a searching eye over him.  He hated this tower, and suspected every manner of treachery from it, and its surroundings. He might well be a bit paranoid, but you dont live to be as old as him, in as harsh of a way of life as his, by being caught unawares.  He strained his eye against the darkness, looking for movement across the grassy field, straining his senses to their limits to seek out what was potentially hunting him.

"what's going on? Are you OK Jack?"

Asked Dixie, clearly confused from her obstructed view from behind the gate.

THERE! he gruffed, pointing his staff in the direction toward the road.  Just at the bend---

Ed turned his head away from Jack, and up at the road, then shielded his eyes from the fire.

"Good eyes old timer.."

Eye. he corrected flatly. He peered into the gloom intently.  The shadowy figure was way too tall to be a person, and was lumbering up the road without a care in the world. Jack felt that was not the source of the disturbance he felt though. Tiny bits of movement in the wake of the larger figure cascaded across his vision, and the pieces snapped together. I think it's Dula... He's got som'un wit' 'im, but...

His voice trailed off, as if distracted by something.

It ain't the paladin girl... Who is'at wit' 'im?....Never felt 'em 'afore....

He was confused. Why would somebody Dula was traveling with set off his danger senses like this, from that far away? It did not make any sense... Surely, if they were looking for the rest of the group, the big roaring fire would be more than enough signal on where they were-- What could have set him off like this?..

His thoughts wandered in circles.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 03:55:55 am by wierd »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 03, 2020, 04:15:33 am »

It was faint but she could recognize that... "smell," if she could describe it that. The distracting aura of a monster too huge for his own good. It was Dularach, alright. But, there was then also this other layer. This feeling like they were being watched.

She clutched her Amulet and Teleportation and began to will it to teleport her just past this gate. It surely is recharging right now, but she must be able to recuperate its cost with something else...? Her mana? Her lifespan? She bargained with it to take whichever, while also drawing power from her Magical Orb attached to an impromptu ponytail stick while holding the now-empty cup with her pinky finger.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 09:50:14 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 03, 2020, 06:03:57 am »

As he linked up with the party. Skye stay stand still and close his eyes.

A circle spreads in wide within 100 yards, follow up a grayscale environment inside of it. The naked silhouette of Linea filled with an overflowing of mana which more brighter than the average on like the rest of the party which is normal flow in their bodies. Dularach same case of Linea even in Dexie's too if the range reaches her.

Also within the range, notify what are those that got detected.

The region is highly mana-intensive. Aside from the other adventurers, many of whom carry strong mana signatures, the tower itself is a major point of magical focus. Arcane energies unseen to the naked eye swirl all around and within the structure, reaching the exterior gates and some distance beyond. Other than the adventurers within view, Skye also detects a couple of lesser magical signatures down the path, belonging to a certain pixie and bear. The rest of the area seems relatively inactive in terms of energy, although there is an odd vibe in the forest air in general.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 03, 2020, 06:05:23 am »

The amulet accepted Dixie's mana, but there were visible resistance to the process. Forcing it through caused it to shake as a low whine keened from the item. It seemed to be possible to force it to activate, but there would be some consequence to it. Unfortunately there's no expert nearby to explain such consequences, so it's up to her if she want to find out.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 03, 2020, 06:18:25 am »

Noticing it react to Dixie's mana, she then decided to go with it and supply it as much as needed.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 03, 2020, 06:23:15 am »

The shaking and keening intensified, then abruptly stopped as Dixie found herself on the other side of the gate. A crisp crack followed shortly, the amulet slightly smoking as a hairline crack spread about two-third across the entire thing.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 03, 2020, 06:33:52 am »

"Oh no, baby... I'll get you repaired later. Good job."

She kissed the amulet and tucked it back in her upper clothing. Then, she dropped the empty cup, and unsheathed and spun her two daggers. There must be a reason for Jack looking so threatened by the presence. It probably might just be old-man paranoia, but might as well be ready.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 09:51:09 am by The Centipede »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 03, 2020, 06:56:47 am »

But they could have info, or if their hostile we could take their stuff they're dead.
if they’re dead they wouldn’t be using a campfire, also they could be infected. Slayer and I learned that the plants that live inside creatures can also live in pixies too. Even if they aren’t infected, I’m unsure if we can take all of them on. Maybe you or Slayer should talk with them. Since it’s a type of plant that’s causing problems, I’ll likely be seen as a target. Before going, find something to plug your ears, if things get...dicey? I can play my flute, which confuses those that hear it into not knowing who friend or foe are for a time. The earplugs would be so you don’t get affected as well. I’m mentioning possible ideas. Maybe we can stay out of notice and watch for monsters or aggressive creatures and fight them, if they notice us then and they aren’t infected, they’d know that we’re not hostile, if they are infected and notice us, we’d already have our weapons out and ready.
"I misspoke I meant to say if they were hostile we could take their stuff after we kill them, also I also knew about the plants and if their infected with the plants they might be grateful if we kill them, but if you think diplomacy is the way to go I could go try to talk to them."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 03, 2020, 09:36:52 am »

"I misspoke I meant to say if they were hostile we could take their stuff after we kill them, also I also knew about the plants and if their infected with the plants they might be grateful if we kill them, but if you think diplomacy is the way to go I could go try to talk to them."
yes, that sounds good

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 03, 2020, 10:07:33 am »

The incoming gargantuan was hard to miss, and honestly, his heavy steps were giving quite a jumpscare to Linea before she could recognize his figure; but all was good now, her blade was still tucked away behind her blanket...

"Whatever, just don't disturb our peaceful night." Linea muttered, forgetting to add cold and earthy in her sentence. If anything, hot coffee and a slice of cake were her only consolation. And talking about the so-called, pancake, she bite a piece of it without thinking whether the term was aptly placed.

Nor would she think about how old jack managed to make a seemingly normal dish in the middle of the forest, or maybe it was just her who had been too accustomed with everything packaged and premade. Nah. It was good and 'normal' as far as her tastebud concerned.

"Thanks."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 03, 2020, 10:17:23 am »

yes, that sounds good
"Hopefully this all goes smoothly, but if it doesn't stay behind be as I'm gonna start shooting them."
Burt finds something that can pass as earplugs then walks towards the group of humans trying to appear as non threatening as possible.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 03, 2020, 11:47:57 pm »

GSH interjected. "I don't know about you guys but the only diplomacy I know is murdering greeenskins."

"Kid greenskins, female greenskins, Ill show them equality hehehe" he murmured to himself. "Equally tasting the tip of my blade that is hehehe"

He continues bo murmur to himself in the corner talking about equity on the size of holes he will put on each varying sizes of greenskins.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 11:52:44 pm by invul_nerable »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 04, 2020, 03:08:09 am »

"Who's there!"

The entire group of men tensed at the approach, but didn't went hostile just yet. There were eight in total, but two slipped into the woods at the leader's gesture as the rest shifted slightly into a defensive perimeter should it come to it. They were whispering between each other, too quiet to fully catch but the uncertainity seeped through.

"...never heard of a deer man."

"He's got one of those fancy sticks, probably southerner."

"But no deer down south."

"I don't see blue and white heraldy, but could be a sellsword."

The chatter died down as the leader slowly walked forward, a hand on his sword's hilt.

"Who might you be, stranger?"

On a closer look the men sported injuries and damaged equipment. A bruise here, small cut there, or claw marks on the armor. The one laying down earlier had an arm in sling and bandaged eye, though now he also stood alert with the others. Still, it hadn't turned into a fight yet. Perhaps dialogue was possible?

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 04, 2020, 08:25:42 am »

Ed turned his head away from Jack, and up at the road, then shielded his eyes from the fire.

"Good eyes old timer.."

Eye. he corrected flatly. He peered into the gloom intently.  The shadowy figure was way too tall to be a person, and was lumbering up the road without a care in the world. Jack felt that was not the source of the disturbance he felt though. Tiny bits of movement in the wake of the larger figure cascaded across his vision, and the pieces snapped together. I think it's Dula... He's got som'un wit' 'im, but...

His voice trailed off, as if distracted by something.

He was confused. Why would somebody Dula was traveling with set off his danger senses like this, from that far away? It did not make any sense... Surely, if they were looking for the rest of the group, the big roaring fire would be more than enough signal on where they were-- What could have set him off like this?..

His thoughts wandered in circles.

Edwarg, being a latecomer in the party did not have enough time to know the entire crew, so when facing the incoming giant spider, all he did was observing the closest ally and learn their reaction. Jack recognize them as friendlies, but his behavior was not what he would expect from someone meeting an ally.

"The... spider? You know him, right? What about the other guy?"

It ain't the paladin girl... Who is'at wit' 'im?....Never felt 'em 'afore....

The orc stood, gripping his shotgun with the most unthreatening manner as possible, just in case. He was scouting the area a while ago and was not noticing something that could've gave away its presence from miles away, this too, gave him a certain unease.

"So, another new guy?" he asked. "But he's with a friend. Could be a reinforcement? The Mayor's men perhaps?"

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 142