Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120185 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1605 on: April 15, 2020, 07:47:20 am »

"Yea, there was a lake. I think. Was there a lake? " She turns ro Laemmle, then back to the mayor. "Yea, a lake."

"Not gonna lie, chief, I was preoccupied with just having died and brought back to life at that time, so I didn't really focus on the scenery... I remember Linea drawing it, though."
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 15, 2020, 07:52:38 am »

Jack led mama and the spider librarian back out through the front door. Mama stayed back, once more being reticent to head outside near Dula. Jack sighed.

Well, 'ere 'e is-- Try not ta fleece the poor feller's wallets... an......

Jack looked back up the street, and saw what appeared to him to be a cage made of magical fire erected right in the middle of the damn street.  From this distance, all he could see was something small, leaping up and hitting the "bars" of it, and letting out sharp pained cries.  His brow furrowed, and his face darkened.

Ain't time fer being a fraidy cat mama-- E'ere's real trouble! he barked, then took off at a dead run toward the scene...

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 15, 2020, 07:57:51 am »

"Yea, there was a lake. I think. Was there a lake? " She turns ro Laemmle, then back to the mayor. "Yea, a lake."

"Not gonna lie, chief, I was preoccupied with just having died and brought back to life at that time, so I didn't really focus on the scenery... I remember Linea drawing it, though."

The mayor thrusts a hand inside his coat pocket, fidgeting uncomfortably, as if unsure he wanted to have this conversation.

"This is why I told the dratted boy to call everyone here. Can one of you... you girl!"

The mayor snarls at Laemmle.

"Summon this Linea to the meeting instantly, it is of great importance to me. And talk of this to no one else."

He turns his back attention back towards Dixie and Reeta and glares at them, his expressive brows daring them to question him.
:-(

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 15, 2020, 08:05:34 am »

I haven’t been to the lake, but there is an area northeast of here has lots of fungus spores. Other than that, not sure I can help with info about this lake you’re looking for. If I’m not needed here, I need to give ingredients to the blacksmith

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 15, 2020, 08:09:28 am »

I haven’t been to the lake, but there is an area northeast of here has lots of fungus spores. Other than that, not sure I can help with info about this lake you’re looking for. If I’m not needed here, I need to give ingredients to the blacksmith

The mayor looks at Reeta with great unease.

"Harumph, I haven't said anything yet so you may go... but don't speak about this to anyone. Including the other adventurers. If you talk, I'll know."

The mayor ends his sentence with a vague gesture of a threat hanging in the air.
:-(

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 15, 2020, 08:43:27 am »

Deleted, action below due to fresh view of the map
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:48:49 am by Naturegirl1999 »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 15, 2020, 09:42:59 am »

Jack huffed and puffed.  All he could really see from this distance was a small humanoid, maybe the size of a small child, or smaller-- jumping and clawing, while the elf-girl was busy trying to subdue it.

He had seen how ... efficiently... she operated, when trying to kill things. Either she was having some difficulty, or outright murder was not her aim.  He huffed, and ran harder, trying to clear the space.

Absently, he became aware of Mama chasing after him--  He didn't have time for this. He had to close the gap before any more harm was done.  He wasn't sure what that el--- What that Linea girl-- was up to. It was enough she wasnt just roasting the poor thing-- whatever it was.  That won some brownie points.

His lungs felt raw, and his throat scratchy from heaving in ragged breaths at the dead run, but he croaked out a strangled shout all the same, trying to get the terrified creature's attention, even just for a second.

You(gh) 'TERE! STOP FIGHTIN' *COUGH*

He stared hard at the frightened thing's face-- a momentary flash of the eyes--- but he had it... He poured all he had into opening that connection wide...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 15, 2020, 09:56:04 am »

As Reeta went towards the blacksmith, she notices Linea and Jack, as well as one of the pixies
Did Dixie catch that pixie for Linea? Why?
what’s going on here? she asks quietly, hoping not to startle the one with the fire cage or interrupt whatever Jack was doing with his staring at the pixie
Maybe he’s doing whatever he did with the bear
She watches from where she is, putting her hand on her mace in case the pixie jumps towards her

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 15, 2020, 10:13:18 am »

Linea pulled the leash and forced the pixie to get down to the ground.

If success, Linea will use the leash to tie the pixie's legs and arms to completely immobilize it.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 15, 2020, 10:54:50 am »

Jack huffed and puffed.  All he could really see from this distance was a small humanoid, maybe the size of a small child, or smaller-- jumping and clawing, while the elf-girl was busy trying to subdue it.

He had seen how ... efficiently... she operated, when trying to kill things. Either she was having some difficulty, or outright murder was not her aim.  He huffed, and ran harder, trying to clear the space.

Absently, he became aware of Mama chasing after him--  He didn't have time for this. He had to close the gap before any more harm was done.  He wasn't sure what that el--- What that Linea girl-- was up to. It was enough she wasnt just roasting the poor thing-- whatever it was.  That won some brownie points.

His lungs felt raw, and his throat scratchy from heaving in ragged breaths at the dead run, but he croaked out a strangled shout all the same, trying to get the terrified creature's attention, even just for a second.

You(gh) 'TERE! STOP FIGHTIN' *COUGH*

He stared hard at the frightened thing's face-- a momentary flash of the eyes--- but he had it... He poured all he had into opening that connection wide...

[Roll: 1/20]

The pixie catches a glimpse of Jack running towards her, and immediately interprets him as another hostile being coming to capture and torture her. She snarls viciously at him, and is about to charge at him with full force when she is stopped by Linea's pull of the leash.

The look in the pixie's eyes gives Jack chills--he would have a -4 roll penalty on further attempts to mentally connect with the pixie for the next 3 turns.

Linea pulled the leash and forced the pixie to get down to the ground.

If success, Linea will use the leash to tie the pixie's legs and arms to completely immobilize it.

[Roll: 2+5 = 7/20] (Bonus from pixie being exhausted)

The pixie struggles violently against the pull of the leash; Linea is able to get somewhat of a grip on her since she is injured, but the creature's hands manage to get free, and scratches Linea, dealing 8 *CRIT* damage (7 blocked) (successful crit, 10% chance). Being occupied with trying to pin the creature, Linea is unable to perform a reactionary Lethal Retribution counterattack. The pixie continues to struggle against Linea's efforts of completely immobilizing it, as it flaps about, Linea having a grip on only a few of its limbs.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 15, 2020, 11:03:39 am »

"Hey. Why're you acting mean?" Dixie crossed her arms, visibly irritated by the mayor's threatening prose. "This is the part where you tell me what's in that lake that you're worried about. "
I have a YouTube channel.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 15, 2020, 11:15:49 am »

"YOU ARE NOT GETTING AWAY WITH THIS."

Despite the threat, Linea still hasn't run Maugrim through its throat or do anything that causes permanent damage like cutting its wings or limbs off.

She gripped the back of the pixie's neck, and bring it down to the ground, face against the dirt. With her knee, she pinned the pixie on its back, still trying to bring its both arms together so she could secure a tight knot on them.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:23:13 am by Slyph »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 15, 2020, 11:24:31 am »

Reeta walks a bit closer to Jack
Reeta aims her short bow at the pixie but doesn’t shoot yet
To Jack
can you or Linea tell me what’s going on?

To Linea, a bit louder
why did you want Dixie to get a pixie for you? Why do you need one?
To the pixie
You might have a parasite inside you, we can go to the shrine, someone there can help remove it. That’ll be easier to do if you STOP TRYING TO EAT US!

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 15, 2020, 11:45:42 am »

"YOU ARE NOT GETTING AWAY WITH THIS."

Despite the threat, Linea still hasn't run Maugrim through its throat or do anything that causes permanent damage like cutting its wings or limbs off.

She gripped the back of the pixie's neck, and bring it down to the ground, face against the dirt. With her knee, she pinned the pixie on its back, still trying to bring its both arms together so she could secure a tight knot on them.

[Roll: 14 + 7 = 21/20] (Bonus from pixie already being somewhat subdued from previous action)

Linea is able to pin the pixie on the ground, fully incapacitating its movement. She then ties its arms together as well. The pixie's feet and hands are now both bound, but its wings are still free. Linea however is pinning its wings down along with its whole body.

To the pixie
You might have a parasite inside you, we can go to the shrine, someone there can help remove it. That’ll be easier to do if you STOP TRYING TO EAT US!

The pixie viciously growls as it is being pinned down.

"I haven't eaten anyone yet, but I would if I could! I'll eat YOU ALL!! ARGHRHHRGHGHR!!"

[Roll: Auto]

The creature continues struggling, but isn't able to break free.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 15, 2020, 11:50:26 am »

Linea, why do you need the pixie alive>
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 142