Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120176 times)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1515 on: April 11, 2020, 05:58:08 am »

"So I could summon an army of weasels and become the weasel master or something, that sounds awesome can I take that book as well?"
Take the summoning book as well if allowed.

"Sure, in fact let me take out an edition that might suit your purposes better."

Flo hunts for another book, then hands it over to Burt.

Burt gains Summoner's Sanctum - Volume 0.

He hoped the store was still open, given the late hour of the day, as Jack rapped on the door to the general goods store. He would probably have had better luck with this early in the morning, rather than late at night, but this was how things were.

((One Eye'd Jack rolls 11/20, +1 for LCK, final result 12/20))

There is initially no response to Jack's knocking. After a few moments a thunderous stomping of boots is heard as someone makes their way to the door.

"Who is it, this sisn't no time to be bothering decent folks, store's closed pal-"

The door opens abruptly, revealing a very irate halfling glaring at Jack.

"Yessir, something must've been grating at ya badly for ya to come knocking at this hour, can I help ya some?"

Dularach would come out of his burrow after eating through his supply of food he had gathered and wonder around the village looking to see if he can help anyone

It's close to sundown and most residents have retreated to their dwellings. Dularach proceeds to the tavern, where Laemmle and Dixie are discussing the whereabouts and fate of the missing Oltwell progeny.
:-(

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 11, 2020, 06:28:54 am »

Taking a last bite of the noodles, emptying her plate as well, Dixie stood up and wore her bag, chewing and drinking a glass of water while thinking if it's really a good idea to snoop onto those two, but nodded at Linea anyway. Guess she was curious too.
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 11, 2020, 06:38:07 am »

Jack put on his "Cheery salesman" smile.

Good evn'in, muh good sir-- Muh apologies as ta th' hour, I'da come sooner, but then I'da run outta daylight workin'.  I'm needin' about a dozen eggs, an' a pound a flaar.  Sadly th' librarian done fleeced muh pockets, but I think I can makes it worth yer while--  Been right busy, and managed to score the moth'r load on some fine mushrooms-- Gots way more an' I needs, an' I was won'rin ifn' ye'd be willin' ta come ta a trade.

Jack pulls the very heavily overstuffed picnic basket into view, exposing the very large sections of fine edible mushrooms protruding prominently out from under the hinged lids at either side of the basket.

Whaddya say?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 11, 2020, 07:13:57 am »

Jack put on his "Cheery salesman" smile.

Good evn'in, muh good sir-- Muh apologies as ta th' hour, I'da come sooner, but then I'da run outta daylight workin'.  I'm needin' about a dozen eggs, an' a pound a flaar.  Sadly th' librarian done fleeced muh pockets, but I think I can makes it worth yer while--  Been right busy, and managed to score the moth'r load on some fine mushrooms-- Gots way more an' I needs, an' I was won'rin ifn' ye'd be willin' ta come ta a trade.

Jack pulls the very heavily overstuffed picnic basket into view, exposing the very large sections of fine edible mushrooms protruding prominently out from under the hinged lids at either side of the basket.

Whaddya say?

"Smushrooms huh?"

The halfling looks uncertain, his eyes darting between Jack and the basket rapidly.

"Alright, wait here a sec."

The halfling disappears inside, then comes out with the requested goods.

"You one'a them adventurers huh? Hope ya get ridda them animal nuisances goin' bonkers and all, sits not good for business I tell ya. Anyway thissis all?"

The halfling looks at the basket expectantly.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 11, 2020, 07:19:11 am »

Yessir-- Both counts.  Nothin'd please me mor' an settin them woods aright, I keen assure ya o' dat. Whate'rs causin all that out there is gonna get more an' it bargained fer, ifn I gets muh hands on it.

Jack made a wrinkled up, and clearly deeply aggrieved face, then sucked in a deep breath, and put the cheery salesman smile back on.

How much did ya want? he asked, setting the basket down, then opening the lid on one side to start extracting contents.  If this ain't enough, I still gots more at home.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 11, 2020, 07:28:20 am »

"Thank you for the books, and for showing me that I can become a wizard, now I shall leave you to your books while I go and learn how to gun wizard."

With that Burt left the library and found a secluded place in the town to skim through both books and discover what kind of things he could learn from them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 11, 2020, 07:28:44 am »

Yessir-- Both counts.  Nothin'd please me mor' an settin them woods aright, I keen assure ya o' dat. Whate'rs causin all that out there is gonna get more an' it bargained fer, ifn I gets muh hands on it.

Jack made a wrinkled up, and clearly deeply aggrieved face, then sucked in a deep breath, and put the cheery salesman smile back on.

How much did ya want? he asked, setting the basket down, then opening the lid on one side to start extracting contents.  If this ain't enough, I still gots more at home.

"I'll take the lot, seems a fair trade to me."

The halfling transfers the mushrooms to a platter, then hands the eggs and flour to Jack.

"Barnaby Wainstobber muh name. If ya ever need anything or find anything particular out inna woods ya want to trade away, ya welcome to c'mere. Preferably durin' business hours. Better retreat inside fa'now, best not be outdoors too long these days I tell ya."

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 11, 2020, 07:33:14 am »

Taking a last bite of the noodles, emptying her plate as well, Dixie stood up and wore her bag, chewing and drinking a glass of water while thinking if it's really a good idea to snoop onto those two, but nodded at Linea anyway. Guess she was curious too.

"Let's go now. Lead the way."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 11, 2020, 07:39:00 am »

Jack nodded at the diminutive man, then offered his hand to shake.

Jack-- One eye'd Jack-- Pleasure ta make yer acquaintance. I appreciate yer hosp'tal'ty good sir-- I won' keep ye. I gots dinner te cook-- .... Should we e'er get paid, I'll be sure te stop by again-- Durrin' business hours, hopef'lly.

Jack shook his hand, then nodded once more, before taking the bartered goods into his basket along with the sausage, and whistling merrily on the way back.

He couldn't wait to surprise that beautiful bear...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 11, 2020, 07:40:32 am »

Let’s continue Northeast
Reeta goes NE

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 11, 2020, 07:56:01 am »

Doctor Doak gives up on looking for Jack and sits down to practice growing some plants and drawing mana from them to grow other plants.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 11, 2020, 08:05:37 am »

Upon reaching his new (temporary) home, absolutely no time was wasted in the setup and preparation of the evening meal Jack had been planning.

First, a small fire pit was dug and started, casting a dim red glow into the dying light of the day, then the eggs, flour, and a pinch of the salt he had bought the day before made their way into the large ceramic baking dish, and before long, large sheets of egg noodle pasta were being pressed out, cut, and laid to the side.

Mama took notice of the fire, and waddled up to investigate what her living partner was up to, since Jack normally slept away from such things-- She was not a fan of fires, and kept her distance from it, despite Jack's insistence that it was needed tonight for something very important--  She eyed him suspiciously, while looking incredulously at the remaining giant mushrooms protruding from the tied up rack of logs, threatening to make said bundle fall over from the unbalanced weight.

Jack chuckled, then pulled out the small frying pan from his knapsack, then set to work frying up the sausage, along with some chunks of the mushroom, filling the night air with a glorious aroma. He kept right on working as the sun finished setting, leaving the firelight as the only remaining source of light to work by.

Once the sausage was fried up, and the coals had burned down enough, he cut a very large hunk of the mushroom off, carved it out, placing the removed parts inside the baking dish, then started mixing the sausage and still pliant strips of noodle in with the bits of excavated mushroom, creating a rich and decadent filling. He sprinkled it with the salt, then stuffed the mushroom, and placed it into the now freshly emptied baking pan, placed the lid on, and buried it under the coals.

He nuzzled on the bear, and let her lick his hands (which were covered in the sausage grease, and other fine flavors from working the filling and making noodle), and told her what all he had been up to since she had wandered away.

The topic of the second library visit came up, along with the new book on magic he had borrowed. Mama was not terribly pleased he had wandered off that direction without her again, but was likewise not terribly pleased about being drug all over town every time Jack needed to go do "Human things" either.  The breakthrough with growing this much delicious food was a very pleasant surprise though, and the notion of trading mushroom for all these other foods fascinated her.

Really, the principle of the matter-- Giving up on so much food in and of itself, rather than just sitting and gorging on it raw, which she would certainly have done had she known Jack had been "this" successful, was dumbfounding to her, and a bit annoying-- On the other, the sausage was very very tasty... And the smells coming from that baking dish had her drooling like crazy. She wondered what other amazing surprises her partner might have in store for her; She could come to greatly enjoy this kind of arrangement-- "Keeping" him seemed to be a more and more fantastic idea, despite some of the annoyances he made her endure.

The information the strange giant spider female had provided was very curious to her.  Jack had told her she did not need to decide tonight-- He just wanted to make good, where he had failed earlier that day, by fixing her a truly delicious meal they could both share, before putting out the fire, and going to bed for the night. She rather enjoyed that idea.

While the meal cooked, Jack ripped chunks of the large mushroom off the log, and alternated between feeding it to mama, and taking bites out himself, while idly looking through the book on druidic magic he had borrowed, but not had time to properly read. Mama was sitting on the ground beside him, on the side furthest from the fire, as he leaned against the trunk of the tree, doing his best to read in the dim firelight... The mood was light, and he was curious to see if it would be as amusing as he thought it would be.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 11, 2020, 08:09:55 am »

Let’s continue Northeast
Reeta goes NE

The two continued marching, even as the sun slowly turned deep orange on the western horizon. Before they knew it, cloying mist drifted into the region. It became thicker further ahead, an almost physical wall of white blocking the view. The surrounding trees were replaced by thinner and sicker version of themselves, bulbous forms dotting their surface. Grasses wilted from prolonged lack of sunlight, covered with white dust that billowed upon touch.

Realization dawned. It wasn't mist, but spores. Upon closer examination the fungal growths were slowly leaking minute amount. There's got to be a truly staggering amount of them to form the seemingly solid wall of mist, that not even five paces forward was visible. Who knows what lurked further in.

What would you do?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 11, 2020, 08:36:25 am »

we should leave
Run Southwest
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:43:07 am by Naturegirl1999 »

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 11, 2020, 08:44:00 am »

Let’s continue Northeast
Reeta goes NE
"Leaving already? I thought we are still searching for something." The slayer asked. "Unless you already found it."

GSH follows Reeta
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:04:16 am by invul_nerable »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 142