Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120250 times)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1455 on: April 08, 2020, 03:11:39 am »

Ah see-  said Jack, accepting the note. 
So's Ah should bring Mama 'ere?

"Yup yup, we can get started as soon as she's here."

He looked over the note more closely, seemingly fine until his eyebrow suddenly raised. 
Ya mean ta' tell me, Ya'll can get Mama ta walk on two feet, wear clothes, an' have finger's an' thumbs?  he asked incredulously.
'At aughta be a laugh!

"Ah umm...  it's not that she grows thumbs, i-i-it's more uh, think of it as ghostly projection from her paws, which can then grip man-made items as naturally as... but if you intended her to wear a dress instead that could work too..."

Flo's voice trails off, the apparent joke going over her head.

Anyhoo... Uh.. I'll run 'is past Mama-- See what SHE wanna do.  Ina meantime...

Jack looks over the books the librarian had arrayed on the desk for the deer headed man, when the book on druidic magic caught his eye.
Ah was'a gonna ask 'bout any books on t'e local wil'life-- see ifn' ere's anythang here as I donts know about a'ready-- but 'at 'dere looks int'restin'. Might' be entertainin'! So many folks' got such peculiar notions 'bout how critters thinks an' feels. Ascribe all sortsa mumbo-jumbo to em. Really, alls ya gots ta do is ask em. Ashame it's so hard ta do, took me years ta learn how. Ah think I'll borrow one a dese-- An ifn'ya still gots somethin less... Magical.. on the local critters, ayd like a looksie.

"Of course, feel free to take the book. You can ask me for help if any of the contents are unclear."

One Eye'd Jack gains Druidic Magic: A Journey into the Highlands.

"We do have several bestiaries here, which can give you details of creatures in general, but they're not specific to this region I'm afraid. These parts are as uncharted as they come, none too safe for exploration and this was before the animal attacks started. But this does remind me..."

Flo clambers over several shelves, going out of sight into the upper reaches of the library, returning after several minutes, lowering herself with silken ropes and carrying a large tome with her.

"We've had this rather curious... book you could say, for ages. What it does is display information for a creature, after you've spotted it. You need the book on your person for this to work of course. Normally the pages are blank, but you can bring up pages for creatures both seen and previously unseen for the holder... sometimes. I have been unable to determine the exact mechanism of how this works. It might be a repository of knowledge inserted when the book was made, but it's entries are supposedly in the many thousands so I find that unlikely. It does use some form of analysis magic, to determine which creature is in vicinity and pulling up the entry for it. It's similar to my own magic, but several leagues higher than my own capability I'm afraid, I haven't had much luck in decoding it."

"Mr Jack, can I make a request of you? Instead of having something like this gather dust here, you could try taking it with you and figuring out how it works. I'm not much inclined to wilderness, I think it might work more convincingly for you than it did for me. Oh, and one last note for if you do take it. Any page the book flips to on encountering a creature, it will always contain details on the left page, and a blank right page. However, you can fill the gaps on the right page, any observations you make on the creature will linger on that page. So it's not just a book, it collects information too like a journal too. I've been able to reveal very few pages within like I've said before, maybe you can find a way to unlock its mysteries."

Flo looks at Jack with an expression which is equal parts pleading and inquisitive.
:-(

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 08, 2020, 06:15:31 am »

thank you, one more thing, we need to figure out whether they have the plants Jack’s been talking about
Reeta looks inside the freshly deboned pixie to try and find the parasitic plant Jack and Xanios talked about.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:03:53 am by Naturegirl1999 »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 08, 2020, 08:37:58 am »

Intrestin' muttered Jack, accepting the very strange, but also alarmingly thick bale of apparently blank paper. Well, if she wants notes on animals that are not a bunch of poppycock, he could certainly oblige.

Thanks again, Miss Flo.  I'll runit passed Mama, see what she wann' do.

Tucking the books under one arm, the old hobo returns back to his hovel to see what amusing nonsense they have in the book on druidic magic. He still needed to get something going for dinner, and needed to practice drawing energy still-- Perhaps he could do a smaller scale test run with ordinary wood mushrooms.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:56:38 am by wierd »

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 08, 2020, 10:57:43 am »

Laemmle borrow a piece of paper and a writing/lining instrument. She asks again the quest giver for the child's appearance
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:44:38 pm by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 08, 2020, 11:08:47 am »

Laemmle borrow a piece of paper and a writing/lining instrument. She asks again the quest giver for the child's appearance.
she already got the appearance, right? Why not sketch what she knew? Why ask again?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 08, 2020, 01:30:49 pm »

"I know how guns work I could use that book to become a GUN WIZARD, I need that book so I can learn how to gun wizard."
He then takes the book and stands there for a minute looking at it, before looking back at the other book he'd asked about.
"To bad I suck a building things because I'd take the mech one to if I could make stuff."

As he goes back to looking at the pile he sees the summoning book and he thinks of something.
"Is there a limit to what you can summon with that summoning magic stuff, or can you summon whatever you want like dragons, strippers, and I don't know a box of rocks or something?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 08, 2020, 02:32:47 pm »

Laemmle borrow a piece of paper and a writing/lining instrument. She asks again the quest giver for the child's appearance.

Torren Oltwell is determined to be a boy in his middle-teens with a lanky appearance, ginger hair and thin build. He last spotted wearing a white-shirt, tanned trousers and a bright orange kerchief.

"I know how guns work I could use that book to become a GUN WIZARD, I need that book so I can learn how to gun wizard."
He then takes the book and stands there for a minute looking at it, before looking back at the other book he'd asked about.
"To bad I suck a building things because I'd take the mech one to if I could make stuff."

As he goes back to looking at the pile he sees the summoning book and he thinks of something.
"Is there a limit to what you can summon with that summoning magic stuff, or can you summon whatever you want like dragons, strippers, and I don't know a box of rocks or something?"

"Summoning strong creatures simply depends on your magic pool, the larger your reserves the stronger the creature you can summon. However, the real issue is controlling the creature you've summoned. Conjuring a dragon won't do you any good if it's just going to kill you and everything around you. Most summoners start small, with wisps or imps, and work their way up to, uh, strippers..."

Flo's voice trails off, her eyes vacantly staring off into the space. She returns to normal after a minute.

"The strongest summoners focus solely on improving their summoning skills, being able to summon and control multiple mighty beasts and creatures of legend. But it's one of the most common secondary spells picked up by mages. Even having a sprite for healing, or a spirit condor to scout an area provides a ton of utility. There's a ton of things you could do with a few basic lessons of summoning. The kind of creatures you want to summon should depend on what you want to accomplish. If you're interested in picking up summoning as a secondary spell, you can ask me for help. Same if you need assistance with gunmagic."

Burt gains Secrets of the Norosan - Lock, Stock & Crystal Barrel.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:35:14 pm by Frank »
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 08, 2020, 04:29:04 pm »

"Ah, yea, I have this fella here." Dixie holds the wrapped pixie by the towel on the back of its head with one hand and hovers it closer to the green-haired girl. "It's asleep right now. Will this suffice?"

The creepy girl beams with excitement as she sees the creature, a wicked smile soon appearing on her face.

"Most excellent!" She nods to the masked hunk, who then takes the wrapped pixie from Dixie.

"Now a reward, as promised." She reaches both hands into her pockets and fetches out an item in each hand, holding them out for Dixie to see. In one hand is a strange-looking coin with etchings of a draconic creature, and in the other hand is a ring with its head shaped like the jaws of an exotic beast.

"You may choose one. A coin that may alter fate for better or worse, or a ring with the power of transformation."

Spoiler: Item details (click to show/hide)

thank you, one more thing, we need to figure out whether they have the plants Jack’s been talking about
Reeta looks inside the freshly deboned pixie to try and find the parasitic plant Jack and Xanios talked about.

Reeta cuts open the creature's skull and observes the mild presence of plant growth coming out of the creature's brain--tiny green stems with developing leaves sprouting from within the cerebal folds.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 08, 2020, 04:53:10 pm »

Take the brain with the plants and go over to the second pixie corpse and debone it

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 08, 2020, 05:07:25 pm »

Take the brain with the plants and go over to the second pixie corpse and debone it

[Reeta obtains Plant-Parasitized Pixie Brain]

[Roll: 2/20]

Reeta tries to debone the other pixie corpse, however upon contact it is apparent that the "corpse" is no more than charred dust particles, as each section of the pixie Reeta touches crumbles into ashes. It seems that no bones can be collected from these remains.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 08, 2020, 06:02:12 pm »

”Slayer, do you wanna explore more or head back?”

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 08, 2020, 06:24:16 pm »

”Slayer, do you wanna explore more or head back?”
"Well, since we are already here? Why not explore more?" The slayer said. "I can use the excercise after being operated and confined." He added.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 08, 2020, 06:37:43 pm »

”Alright, let’s head Northeast next. I heard the tower was northwest, so I’m wondering what we’ll find northeast. Here’s your switchblade back”
Reeta gives GSH his switchblade and goes NE

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 08, 2020, 07:46:22 pm »

Laemmle memorized the features of the missing child and began drawing. After some time, it have a neat result.

She then roam to town and ask the townfolks with the drawing.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 08, 2020, 07:52:05 pm »

”Alright, let’s head Northeast next. I heard the tower was northwest, so I’m wondering what we’ll find northeast. Here’s your switchblade back”
Reeta gives GSH his switchblade and goes NE
The slayer took his switchblade and sheathed it back to its scabbard, and silently follows the plant girl NE.

GSH follows Reeta
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 142