Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120228 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1440 on: April 06, 2020, 12:35:36 am »

Dixie reaches into her bag to fetch out a long towel, leather strips and dress hooks, proceeding to wrap the stunned pixie tightly into it like a baby burrito. If it wakes up, bonk it with the Oaken Staff to keep it stunned.

She glances at the visibly cleaner, nameless chunk of armour. "Go, I got this."

She then ties the leather strips around the towel to secure it around the neck and ankles, then fastens them and the towel with dress hooks on both the top and bottom, bending them tight with her leather-gloved thumb.

I have a YouTube channel.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 06, 2020, 03:28:30 am »

The slayer nods and turned towards the other able Pixie, with a sword this huge, the slayer wonders if he could even hit the Pixie if it weren't that distracted. GSH throws his greatsword, which is aimed at the Pixie. Whether he hits it or not, it doesn't matter, for that attack is mainly just for distraction, he then ran towards the Pixie with blurring speed, anticipating what the little creature would do. He unsheathed a secondary hidden weapon from his waist; the switchblade he just freshly brought; and slashed horizontally on where the Pixie seem to move after.
GSH uses his greatsword as projectile weapon and shot at it at Pixie #4. GSH switched weapons, now using switch blade as his main. GSH attacks Pixie #4

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 06, 2020, 04:40:43 am »

A short, nondescript boy walks up to One Eye'd Jack, holding out a letter in both hands with his arms outstretched.

Jack looks up dreamily from his spot under the big pine tree, and eyes the boy curiously, before accepting the note.

The text was written in very pretty, and clearly very girly (as all the dots on Is, and all the periods were replaced with insufferably cute heart shapes, amidst other very obvious clues) hand writing.

------------------
Mr Jack,

I have recently discovered some new findings concerning the test results of your bear friend earlier today.  I would very much like for you to come see me again today so that we may discuss the matter further.

I hope you are having a pleasant stay in our little village, and find the books you borrowed to be in order.

---Flo

-------------------

He sighed, then thanked the boy politely.  Mama had wandered a bit deeper into the underbrush, and was still giving him the cold shoulder after not getting any delicious food from the prior visit to the inn.  Dragging her all over the damn place all the time was really not good for her anyway. He figured she would be fine for a short trip away at least.

A'right boy-- Let's go see 'er 'en-- he gruffed, before dusting off his trousers, and following the boy back to the library.

Rather than knock, since he was clearly expected, he simply entered through the magic shop, walked past the desk, and entered the adjoining library without announcing or calling on the rather clownish and garishly dressed gentleman.

He walked up quietly to the circulation desk of the library, and rang the bell.

A'right, I'm here-- Wha's 'is about test results?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 06, 2020, 09:30:32 am »

Burt spends a few minutes looking over the different types of magic books before stopping on gunmagic and mechmagic, the names alone peaked his interest quite a bit.

"Can you tell me about gunmagic and mechmagic, because both of those sound interesting to me, here's hoping gunmagic makes guns more powerful."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 06, 2020, 03:37:33 pm »

Reeta moves from J10 to K11
(Did I read the map right? She moves 1 hex SE
Reeta shoots Pixie 3 with her short bow
Reeta Defends

Reeta moves to K11 and shoots Deranged Pixie 3 with her bow, dealing 24 damage (4 blocked) (dodge failed, 10% chance). Arrows remaining: 48. She then defends.

"Ouch! Cage gone is bad, real bad!"

Dixie reaches into her bag to fetch out a long towel, leather strips and dress hooks, proceeding to wrap the stunned pixie tightly into it like a baby burrito. If it wakes up, bonk it with the Oaken Staff to keep it stunned.

She glances at the visibly cleaner, nameless chunk of armour. "Go, I got this."

She then ties the leather strips around the towel to secure it around the neck and ankles, then fastens them and the towel with dress hooks on both the top and bottom, bending them tight with her leather-gloved thumb.

[Roll: 13/20]

Dixie is able to capture the stunned pixie in her leathery makeshift contraption before it is able to fully come to.

The slayer nods and turned towards the other able Pixie, with a sword this huge, the slayer wonders if he could even hit the Pixie if it weren't that distracted. GSH throws his greatsword, which is aimed at the Pixie. Whether he hits it or not, it doesn't matter, for that attack is mainly just for distraction, he then ran towards the Pixie with blurring speed, anticipating what the little creature would do. He unsheathed a secondary hidden weapon from his waist; the switchblade he just freshly brought; and slashed horizontally on where the Pixie seem to move after.
GSH uses his greatsword as projectile weapon and shot at it at Pixie #4. GSH switched weapons, now using switch blade as his main. GSH attacks Pixie #4

[Roll: 6/20]

GSH throws his greatsword at Deranged Pixie 4, however the creature is able to just barely dodge it.

"Hahaha, try again food--"

GSH then quickly switches to his switchblade and slashes at the pixie, pre-empting its movement and dealing 60 *CRIT* damage (5 blocked) (dodge failed, 0% chance).

"--AUGH!..."

Seeing the situation and still largely confused about what's happening, Deranged Pixie 3 panics, attempting to flee into the forest.

[Roll: 19/20]

The pixie is able to quickly escape, as it chaotically veers into the thick of the nearby trees.

Deranged Pixie 2 soon awakens, as it begins to struggle inside Dixie's leathery wrappings.

"Wah let me out!!"

[Roll: 18/20]

*bonk*

A whack from Dixie's staff quickly relieves the creature of its consciousness. The pixie also takes 9 damage.

Deranged Pixie 4, being heavily injured but no less maniacal, dives towards GSH with reckless craze, trying to bite him.

[Roll: 11/20]

The pixie is able to bite GSH on the arm, however much of the damage is mitigated by GSH's armor. GSH takes 4 damage. The pixie also runs into GSH's weapon due to its recklessness, and falls to the ground, perishing.

Spoiler: End of Turn Map (click to show/hide)

Dixie spent 20 stamina, gained 2 fatigue; current stamina: 266/266.
Reeta spent 20 stamina, gained 2 fatigue; current stamina: 264.5/264.5.
GSH spent 25 stamina, gained 2.5 fatigue; current stamina: 251/251.

Spoiler: NPC/Enemy Info (click to show/hide)

All enemies have been defeated and combat has ended!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 06, 2020, 03:44:50 pm »

As Reeta returns to GSH, she notices a new person. thank you for helping us. My name’s Reeta. What’s yours?
ThenReeta talks to GSH. the blacksmith needs ingredients. Do you think bones will work as crafting materials? Can I see the switchblade? I can use it to help get the bones out of the pixie corpse”

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 06, 2020, 08:34:34 pm »

Dixie heals the burrito pixie, worrying that the creepy girl might not accept damaged goods. Then, of course she healed herself, for the cuts were irritating. She healed the Greenskins' Holocaust too, because she just guessed he would be unavoidably damaged.

She then turns to the plant lady greeting her. "Dixie." That's it. Doesn't seem necessary to mention now that she'd been following the two since they ventured from the village hours ago.

Hugging the wrapped pixie, she stood and called for one of her necklaces to teleport her back to the village.

She then began looking for a sign of the creepy lime-haired girl or her bodyguard.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 06, 2020, 11:37:10 pm »

"Hidden blade: Swallow-reversal!" The slayer mumbled.

Sheathing the switchblade back, the slayer murmured something "I knew you were nothing but a tiny sparrow," staring sadly at the dead Pixie.

As Reeta returns to GSH, she notices a new person. thank you for helping us. My name’s Reeta. What’s yours?
ThenReeta talks to GSH. the blacksmith needs ingredients. Do you think bones will work as crafting materials? Can I see the switchblade? I can use it to help get the bones out of the pixie corpse”
"Sure, help yourself"

The slayer hands his switchblade to Reeta

Before the slayer thanked Dixie, the acrobat girl suddenly vanished. "Hmmm... that girl has a lot of tricks up his sleeve, firsr giant eagles, now teleportation."

The slayer just shrugged and reclaimed his greatsword as he watches the plant lady do all the work.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 07, 2020, 06:09:32 am »

Reeta uses the switchblade to take out the bones from the pixie csrcssses and scrapes off the muscles and ligaments the best she can, then stores the pixie bones

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 07, 2020, 07:29:11 am »

Laemmle proceed on the next Side Quest. She ask the quest giver how is the child look like and where is the last scene of him as he known.

*necro'ing with holy light.*
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 07, 2020, 05:23:37 pm »

Burt spends a few minutes looking over the different types of magic books before stopping on gunmagic and mechmagic, the names alone peaked his interest quite a bit.

"Can you tell me about gunmagic and mechmagic, because both of those sound interesting to me, here's hoping gunmagic makes guns more powerful."

"Well yes, that's pretty much what gunmagic is. Enchantments that fortify the strengths of guns, spells which increase accuracy, and so on. However this magic does carry some risks. Magic has traditionally been used in conjunction with very simple equipment, such as wooden staffs, wands, robes and so on. Trying to adapt arcane energies for complex piece of machinery, like a gun, requires a lot of finesse and not a lot of magicians can handle channeling magic into a gun's delicate moving parts. Not to mention putting magic next to something that requires a mini-explosion to fulfil its base function is asking for trouble. However gunmagic comes a lot easier to to magic users who already have experience with guns, it might even be effortless if you're adept with such weapons."

"As for mechamancy, it's somewhat similar. You basically put a machine together, then enchant it with magic to, well, bring it to life is one way of putting it. It has many of the same pitfalls as gunmagic, as I mentioned earlier. But someone who is already good with machines has an obvious edge. A watchmaker can create a delicate watch, a watchmaker-turned-mechamancer can create a watch which can shoot fireballs. Or you can make an automaton summon. Clockwork Golems are fairly popular among mechamancers but there's basically no limit to what you can summon or enchant, as long as you can put it together and break it down with your hands."

A short, nondescript boy walks up to One Eye'd Jack, holding out a letter in both hands with his arms outstretched.

Jack looks up dreamily from his spot under the big pine tree, and eyes the boy curiously, before accepting the note.

The text was written in very pretty, and clearly very girly (as all the dots on Is, and all the periods were replaced with insufferably cute heart shapes, amidst other very obvious clues) hand writing.

------------------
Mr Jack,

I have recently discovered some new findings concerning the test results of your bear friend earlier today.  I would very much like for you to come see me again today so that we may discuss the matter further.

I hope you are having a pleasant stay in our little village, and find the books you borrowed to be in order.

---Flo

-------------------

He sighed, then thanked the boy politely.  Mama had wandered a bit deeper into the underbrush, and was still giving him the cold shoulder after not getting any delicious food from the prior visit to the inn.  Dragging her all over the damn place all the time was really not good for her anyway. He figured she would be fine for a short trip away at least.

A'right boy-- Let's go see 'er 'en-- he gruffed, before dusting off his trousers, and following the boy back to the library.

Rather than knock, since he was clearly expected, he simply entered through the magic shop, walked past the desk, and entered the adjoining library without announcing or calling on the rather clownish and garishly dressed gentleman.

He walked up quietly to the circulation desk of the library, and rang the bell.

A'right, I'm here-- Wha's 'is about test results?

Flo looks up from actively recounting the history of gunmages who appeared after the original gunslingers, who had tamed the great Western Norosan Desert with the bullet long before any magic had entered the region.

"Oh, um yes one moment."

Flo walks over to Jack, clutching a circular pendant with a large purple gem affixed to the center of it.

"I've been going over the books, I've figured out a way we can make use of Mama bear's magic energies. In short, I can recalibrate her energies with this-"

Flo holds up the pendant for Jack to observe.

"-and she will be able to manifest the magic potential inside her in a way benefiting her, and her companions. However, I recommend only doing this once every every few days, any time all of you return from adventuring in the forest. It might not be a good idea to use a bunch of these in a go, it could cause her irreparable harm so we'll take it slowly. You need not worry about this procedure, I'm fully qualified to perform an enchantment like this one."

Flo looks confident for once, instead of harried, bookish or aloof.

"Here's how her magic abilities might manifest, you should take a look."

Flo hands some magical notations (in her usual sickeningly-cute cursive handwriting) to Jack, describing various magical abilities that could manifest in a bear, with some abilities referencing the title and page number of a book where such magic was previously carried out in a wizard's familiar, or else observed in bears both domesticated and wild.

((Jack can now select an upgrade for Mama, one for each level [she is now level 1]. Choosing an upgrade in a tier for the first time unlocks a permanent bonus upgrade for that tier. Higher-tier upgrades require having selected an upgrade underneath it first. Please be forewarned, some of the higher tier upgrades may be subject to change or modification by GM in the future.))

Link

Spoiler: details of abilities (click to show/hide)

Laemmle proceed on the next Side Quest. She ask the quest giver how is the child look like and where is the last scene of him as he known.

Through the wails of the weeping Mrs Oltwell and the grave, exaggerated gestures of Mr Oltwell, the missing son Torren Oltwell is determined to be a boy in his middle-teens, with ginger hair, a lanky appearance, last spotted wearing a white-shirt, tanned trousers and a bright orange kerchief. He was working as an accountant under the tutelage of his father, and out running errands when he suddenly disappeared. He is believed to have been taken from the village, for there was no trace of his person or belongings spotted anywhere inside the village.
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 07, 2020, 05:30:20 pm »

Doctor Doak rouses himself from his studies. There was something to do with fungi and a one-eyed man...

Oh yes! His adventuring companion wanted to do something about mass-producing mushrooms as ingredients for making potions. He did also owe the apothecaries for the jars...

Oh well, best get to it, the books would be here on his return.

((Doak’ll be wandering around aimlessly looking for Jack))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 07, 2020, 11:26:12 pm »

Ah see-  said Jack, accepting the note. 
So's Ah should bring Mama 'ere?

He looked over the note more closely, seemingly fine until his eyebrow suddenly raised. 
Ya mean ta' tell me, Ya'll can get Mama ta walk on two feet, wear clothes, an' have finger's an' thumbs?  he asked incredulously.
'At aughta be a laugh!

He shifted his clothes uncomfortably, realizing he was being unintentionally rude, then tried to salvage the situation.

Anyhoo... Uh.. I'll run 'is past Mama-- See what SHE wanna do.  Ina meantime...

Jack looks over the books the librarian had arrayed on the desk for the deer headed man, when the book on druidic magic caught his eye.
Ah was'a gonna ask 'bout any books on t'e local wil'life-- see ifn' ere's anythang here as I donts know about a'ready-- but 'at 'dere looks int'restin'. Might' be entertainin'! So many folks' got such peculiar notions 'bout how critters thinks an' feels. Ascribe all sortsa mumbo-jumbo to em. Really, alls ya gots ta do is ask em. Ashame it's so hard ta do, took me years ta learn how. Ah think I'll borrow one a dese-- An ifn'ya still gots somethin less... Magical.. on the local critters, ayd like a looksie.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 08, 2020, 01:47:53 am »

Dixie heals the burrito pixie, worrying that the creepy girl might not accept damaged goods. Then, of course she healed herself, for the cuts were irritating. She healed the Greenskins' Holocaust too, because she just guessed he would be unavoidably damaged.

Dixie heals the burrito pixie, herself, and GSH, each for 16 HP. Dixie gains 6 fatigue.

Hugging the wrapped pixie, she stood and called for one of her necklaces to teleport her back to the village.

She then began looking for a sign of the creepy lime-haired girl or her bodyguard.

Amulet of Teleportation is now on cooldown for 3 battles, or until the next day.

Dixie looks around for the creepy girl or her bodyguard, soon finding them near one of the houses.

"Salutations again, adventurer! Any progress on the task I requested of you?"

The slayer hands his switchblade to Reeta

Reeta uses the switchblade to take out the bones from the pixie csrcssses and scrapes off the muscles and ligaments the best she can, then stores the pixie bones

[Roll: 20/20]

Reeta cuts into the pixie carcass with the switchblade, aptly removing the bones from the tissue. The carcass had little to no skeletal damage, so Reeta is able to recover most all of the usable bone material. After some time, Reeta obtains a sizable and pristine collection of pixie bones, including one particular piece that has a strange blue-green glow. In one of the pixie's inventories she also finds a mummified rat of some sort.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 08, 2020, 02:14:36 am »

"Ah, yea, I have this fella here." Dixie holds the wrapped pixie by the towel on the back of its head with one hand and hovers it closer to the green-haired girl. "It's asleep right now. Will this suffice?"
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 142