Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120267 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1425 on: April 03, 2020, 04:04:39 am »

Find where the holes are where blood is leaking and hold the person in such a way that covers the holes

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 03, 2020, 06:25:34 am »

The slayer immediately brought his guard up after seeing the wounded person, he brought out his greatsword ready to hack any unfortunate creature that is still lurking around the area. He moved with the same phase as the plant lady, looking warily at his surroundings as they approach the wounded man.

"Whatever attacked him might still be here." The slayer hands the health potion to Reeta, "Here take this, this might help the man survive."

"Why are we in here again?" The slayer asked.
GSH gives his health potion to Reeta, uses defend.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 06:31:22 am by invul_nerable »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 03, 2020, 06:42:04 am »

Reeta has the bleeding man drink the health potion by pouring it into his mouth
we’re here to collect ingredients for the blacksmith for use in crafting. While here, bringing other things from the forest to the sorcerer will probably help too, like infected animals, more samples of the parasite, so we can possibly test what chemicals hinder growth. I have an idea for an experiment that requires I infected animals, the parasitic plant, and soil, as well as various chemicals. The idea is to grow some samples of the plant in soil with other plants to figure out whether it kills other plants near it, this will be contained in a pot to prevent spread of the poison if it has any. We also need to determine e whether it can even grow in soil or whether it needs to be in creatures to grow. The uninfected animals, ideally of the same species, will have one of the plants placed on them without any chemicals, other animals will have the plant grow on them but adding different chemicals for each animal. The idea is to figure out whether the parasite is hindered by different chemicals. First priority is ingredients right now. You likely need new armor, and Benuto has a shortage of materials to craft things with.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 03, 2020, 06:52:57 am »

Upon touching the man, he crumbled like a house of card. On its wake was pristine grasses, the blood trail breaking apart much in the same way. At the same time, a large cage slammed down and trapped the two within. It was made out of solid wood and seemed to be grown from a single plant, upon testing it was apparent that the cage was not an illusion.

"We got some! We got some!"

"Dibs on the eye!"

"Is that an ent?"

"Dinner comes!"

Deranged cackling filled the area as a small group of pixies materialized around the cage, sounding not quite right in the head.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 03, 2020, 06:58:42 am »

Some rummaging in the nearby bushes. Then a masked girl with eyeglasses, leather armor and black overalls emerges. Right off the bat, she shoots out a wide deluge of fiery tidal waves towards the pixies that attempt to ensnare Reeta Dollup and the Greenskins' Holocaust.
I have a YouTube channel.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 03, 2020, 07:33:09 am »

Shoot one of the pixies with my short bow, aiming through the gaps of the cage
Reeta whispers to GS, hoping the pixies don;t hear, ”I have a flute that can make them not know who their allies and enemies are. Right now I will try shoot them with a short bow, but I will tell you to plug your ears at some point so you don’t get affected by the flute if my short bow doesn’t hurt them”

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 03, 2020, 09:37:38 am »

Reeta whispers to GS, hoping the pixies don;t hear, ”I have a flute that can make them not know who their allies and enemies are. Right now I will try shoot them with a short bow, but I will tell you to plug your ears at some point so you don’t get affected by the flute if my short bow doesn’t hurt them”
"I was thinking about hacking the cage or digging down to escape but your plan seems less sure seems less tedious," the slayer murmured. Suddenly, a fireball appeared out of nowhere which coming in generally in their direction, without any further thought, the ironclad slayer covered the plant lady who is probably too vulnerable against fire based attacks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 03, 2020, 09:41:37 am »

"I was thinking about hacking the cage or digging down to escape but your plan seems less sure seems less tedious," the slayer murmured. Suddenly, a fireball appeared out of nowhere which coming in generally in their direction, without any further thought, the ironclad slayer covered the plant lady who is probably too vulnerable against fire based attacks.
((should we wait for actions to be processed by DMs before continuing? I think actions need to be processed))

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 03, 2020, 10:23:21 pm »

((This is the first battle since implementing the new system, so we are kind of in experimental waters here. Some things feel a bit iffy at the moment, but we'll see how this goes, and adjust things accordingly.))
((Made a temporary map icon for Reeta, let me know if you'd like a different one Naturegirl))

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)

Some rummaging in the nearby bushes. Then a masked girl with eyeglasses, leather armor and black overalls emerges. Right off the bat, she shoots out a wide deluge of fiery tidal waves towards the pixies that attempt to ensnare Reeta Dollup and the Greenskins' Holocaust.

Dixie's fiery barrage deals 26 damage (8 resisted) to Deranged Pixie 1 and 0 damage (successful dodge, 15% chance) to Deranged Pixie 2. Dixie's INT temporarily increases by 1 (Oaken Staff). Firestone fails to trigger.

[Combat has begun!]

The pixies immediately turn to face Dixie.

"An intruder!"
"How rude to interrupt our dinner!"
"No matter, more foods for usses!"
"Yes! *maniacal laughter*"

The pixie dodges the arrow (15% chance). 49 arrows remaining.

"That one just tried to shoot me!"
"Plants don't attack, you must be imagining things."
"I was not!"
"No matter, kill them all!"

Deranged Pixie 1 flies towards Dixie at U11 and strikes her with its dagger, dealing 12 damage (9 blocked) (failed to dodge, 33% chance).
Deranged Pixie 2 flies to T12 and strikes Dixie with its dagger, dealing 11 damage (9 blocked) (failed to dodge, 33% chance).
Deranged Pixie 3 conjures a leaf arrow and shoots it at Reeta. "My turn!" GSH defends Reeta and braces the hit, taking 35 *CRIT* magic damage (3 resisted) (successful crit, 10% chance).
Deranged Pixie 4 moves to L10, maniacally cackling and taunting the caged adventurers. "Hahahaha! It's going to be fun eating you all! Say, what kind of spices do you go well with?" The pixie sharpens its daggers, looking hungry with craze.

Spoiler: End of Turn Map (click to show/hide)

Dixie spent 40 stamina, regenned 61 stamina; current stamina: 286/286.
Reeta spent 10 stamina, regenned 54 stamina; current stamina: 269/269.
GSH spent 0 stamina, regenned 52 stamina; current stamina: 260/260.

Deranged Pixie 1 spent 10 stamina, regenned 40 stamina; current stamina: 239/239.
Deranged Pixie 2 spent 10 stamina, regenned 40 stamina; current stamina: 239/239.
Deranged Pixie 3 spent 20 stamina, regenned 40 stamina; current stamina: 238/238.
Deranged Pixie 4 spent 0 stamina, regenned 40 stamina; current stamina: 240/240.

Spoiler: NPC/Enemy Stats (click to show/hide)

Next combat turn has begun.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:28:15 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 03, 2020, 10:33:30 pm »

Despite getting wounded, one could tell that she was smiling maniacally behind that mask, as hellfire rapidly spurted out of Dixie's hand holding the Oaken Staff to eliminate Pixie 1, while rapidly icing wind blasted towards Pixie 2, attempting to subdue it instead.
I have a YouTube channel.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 03, 2020, 10:44:17 pm »

Reeta whispers to GSH, Cover your nose. I will make them forget

Reeta uses Amnesiac Aroma

Reeta says out loud to GSH ”thank you for protecting me, you look like you got very hurt. Take this”
Reeta gives GSH the health potion
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:46:26 am by Naturegirl1999 »

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 04, 2020, 09:01:36 pm »

Reeta says out loud to GSH ”thank you for protecting me, you look like you got very hurt. Take this”
The fireballs fortunately didn't hit him, neither did the plant lady, looking at the reaction of the pixies, the fireball probably came from another party. He squinted eyes to see who shot the barrage, and found a familiar looking silhouette.

"Cover your nose. I will make them forget."

Before Reeta unleashes her ability, he managed to take a towel and cover his nose.

"Thank you for protecting me, you look like you like you got very hurt. Take this." Says the plant lady.

"No I am not, the fireballs are surprisingly  accurate and fortunately not aimed at us." He mumbled.

The slayer stood up, and carried and rested his rusty on his back by one hand, while the freehand covers his nose.

Despite the size of the sword, the slayer swung it with one-hand with ease, although his balance was off, he still managed to do one full swing attempting to destroy the cage.

GSH attacks the bars of the cage to destroy it, if they break free, he immediately jumps to combat to assist Dixie

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 05, 2020, 01:39:09 pm »

"So I can learn any kind of magic that's neat, so can I learn all the different types and become a super wizard or is that something you can't do? Also as neat as lighting magic sounds I'd like to see my options before I pick something."

Burt then pays the 5g.

Burt loses 5g.

Flo nods and begins to collect and toss books on a table closes to Burt. Most of these are introductory texts on various fields of magic. Among the pile of literature are books about:

• Nature/Floral
  • Druidic/Shamanic
  • Fire
  • Water/Ice
  • Light/Holy
  • Earth
  • Illusion
  • Arcane
  • Ninjutsu
  • Poison
  • Mechanist/Mechmagic
  • Summoning Magic
  • Monk/Meditative Arts/Martial Magus
  • Bloodletting/Bloodmage
  • Spellsword/Buff Magic
  • Gunmage/Gunmagic

"There's other branches of magic too, you can like around to see if you're interested in any. But there's a few that are difficult to learn, or limited to certain races and guilds so I won't be able to help you there much. You won't exactly be able to learn something like Necromancy or Desert Magic through a book."

Flo scribbles something on a bit of paper while sorting through the books, and lets out low whistle. A short, nondescript boy (presumably a minor library attendant) appears tumbling through one of the aisles. Flo hands him the letter she had been writing and sends him out. Then she turns her attention back towards Burt.

"Oh, I forgot to mention. You could, um, sort of pick and choose which spells to learn from all of these branches. Most mages avoid doing this, one cannot attain proficiency in any one discipline if they take this approach, the potency of spells tends to suffer a lot. But you could still pursue this, if you're inclined."

(After some time)

A short, nondescript boy walks up to One Eye'd Jack, holding out a letter in both hands with his arms outstretched.
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 05, 2020, 09:18:52 pm »

((Going to limit Oaken Staff's INT gain to max 2 per turn, since it seems a bit overpowered as it is now))
((Seeing as how stamina regen seems too high for stamina costs at the moment, expect some changes to come in future battles regarding stamina))

Despite getting wounded, one could tell that she was smiling maniacally behind that mask, as hellfire rapidly spurted out of Dixie's hand holding the Oaken Staff to eliminate Pixie 1, while rapidly icing wind blasted towards Pixie 2, attempting to subdue it instead.

Dixie's rapid hellfire deals 29 (9 resisted), 25 (8 resisted), 24 (8 resisted) to Deranged Pixie 1, causing the creature to perish into fiery ashes. Dixie's INT temporarily increases by 2 (Oaken Staff).

[Roll: 12/20]

Meanwhile, Dixie's icy wind chills Deranged Pixie 2, dealing 12 damage and causing the creature to become Slowed (reduced EVASION, reduced AGI, reduced MOVEMENT).

"Gahh!! Help me out here you idiots!"

The other two pixies seem to ignore the chilled one, more focused on the caged adventurers.

[Rolls: 13/20, 4/20]

Reeta's Amnesic Aroma washes over Deranged Pixies 3 and 4, the creatures getting dazed as they become exposed to the foreign substance. One of them seems more affected than the other.

"...Wah? Waz going on??? Who you in cage? Where am I?"
"Ugh... my head... hey why are you talking to the food?"

[Reeta gives GSH the health potion]

GSH attacks the bars of the cage to destroy it, if they break free, he immediately jumps to combat to assist Dixie

[Roll: 20/20]

GSH's sword swing utterly obliterates the wooden cage, causing the wood to practically explode outwards. Some of the wooden shards hit Deranged Pixie 4, dealing 15 damage to it. Now free, GSH jumps to assist Dixie, who has just vanquished one of the pixies and slowed the other. GSH pounds the slowed pixie from behind, causing it to become completely stunned for the turn.

"Wah the food is escaping!"
"Huh?"

Deranged Pixie 3 floats there, trying to figure out what's going on. "Cage gone, is this a good thing or a bad thing?"
Deranged Pixie 4 chases after GSH, attempting to strike him with its daggers, but the slayer's keen instincts allow him to dodge the attack (attack dodged, 18% chance).
Deranged Pixie 2 is completely stunned for the turn.

Spoiler: End of Turn Map (click to show/hide)

Dixie spent 80 stamina, regenned 61 stamina, gained 8 fatigue; current stamina: 267/278.
Reeta spent 25 stamina, regenned 54 stamina, gained 2.5 fatigue; current stamina: 266.5/266.5.
GSH spent 65 stamina, regenned 52 stamina, gained 6.5 fatigue; current stamina: 247/253.5.

Deranged Pixie 1 perished.
Deranged Pixie 2 spent 0 stamina, regenned 40 stamina, gained 0 fatigue; current stamina: 239/239.
Deranged Pixie 3 spent 0 stamina, regenned 40 stamina, gained 0 fatigue; current stamina: 238/238.
Deranged Pixie 4 spent 50 stamina, regenned 40 stamina, gained 5 fatigue; current stamina: 225/235.

Spoiler: "NPC/Enemy Stats" (click to show/hide)

Next combat turn has begun.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 05, 2020, 09:34:26 pm »

Reeta moves from J10 to K11
(Did I read the map right? She moves 1 hex SE
Reeta shoots Pixie 3 with her short bow
Reeta Defends
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 142