Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120278 times)

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1380 on: March 30, 2020, 09:48:56 pm »

I’m a female. Do you need help with your armor?
"Ohhh, I thought you would have both genders. Interesting." The slayer was getting annoyed as to why he can't piece together his armor and so the plant lady offered help. "Nah, I think its pretty rusty already, I might need to replace this. I guess I should just be contented in wearing this gambeson." The slayer replied. "But you know, I do think you can help me, I have a job for you, but it blows." He added.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 30, 2020, 10:03:09 pm »

what kind of job do you have that requires wind? I will do the best I can but I can’t control wind

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 30, 2020, 10:09:17 pm »

what kind of job do you have that requires wind? I will do the best I can but I can’t control wind
"It's just figure of speech, I don't literally mean that you should blow away something, it means 'jt sucks" The slayer explained. "So what I trying to say is this particular thing sucks. Are you still willing to help?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 30, 2020, 10:26:48 pm »

"It's just figure of speech, I don't literally mean that you should blow away something, it means 'jt sucks" The slayer explained. "So what I trying to say is this particular thing sucks. Are you still willing to help?"
yes, tell me what the job is, saying it blows and it sucks isn;t giving me much in the way of what needs to be done...does the job require sucking something? Like does it require forcing something g through a tube?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 30, 2020, 10:44:11 pm »

Jack couldnt help but make a big snaggletoothed grin. He was definitely getting better at this, and an added bonus too!

Since his initial "spore" source had literally been a mixed bag, he carefully plucked a mature cap from each kind that had sprouted from the top of the jar, removed the stem, and placed each one with spore-side down in some of the cleaned, empty jars.  He would get useful and clean collections of each kind he picked from now on.

Of the remainder still growing from the top of the jar, he plucked two caps, ate one, and offered the other to Mama.

Look!(I actually did it! Wow!)

She snagged the cap, wolfed it down, then slurped his face.

More?(how many can you grow?/Still hungry)

Not sure.(Was hard to get just these-- But getting easier./You're always hungry.)

For the first day's worth of trying, he had done very well for himself. It was getting easier to do at least. Ideas flashed into his mind that once he had a good selection of 'spores' to work with, he would stake some logs into the ground like fence posts, juice them up with spore laden water, and prompt them to grow. If he had enough of them going, it would go a long way toward keeping body and soul together here in town-- And there, in the back of his mind was another idea; He he could reliably grow these "forest mushrooms" in reasonable yeilds, he could make use of the ingredent exchange service, and turn this from survival strategy to low-level income and party outfitting. He was very tired, but also very pleased with himself.

He really wanted to go lay down for awhile. This kind of activity left you tired, but tired in a different way. Then he looked at his dirty fur clothes, tucked away neatly along with the filthy blanket in the back of the shack he had spent all day erecting and frowned.  Laundry would have to come first.

He rubbed his face on mama in the usual spots, and scratched at her ears. Her natural muskiness was definitely coming back out strong now; He was thankful that they had a place to sleep tonight that would not require yet another bath for her, but to be honest-- he rather liked the way she smelled.

He let her know what he was going to be doing, and that it would't be very fun or entertaining for her, so he asked her to please stay here by the "den" and keep snacking on what she could find (as long as it did not involve raiding houses or buildings), while he "did the laundry."  She rubbed him back and nearly knocked him backward, and told him not to "keep her waiting." His cheeks colored, and assured her he would hurry back once the task was completed.

He grabbed everything that needed cleaning, and headed for the bath-house once more.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 30, 2020, 10:47:27 pm »

Forgetting that she said to follow Linea to the inn, Dixie looked around for people needing help.
I have a YouTube channel.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 30, 2020, 11:03:50 pm »

Laemmle put the clues on safe. Finding fresh tracks like smell odor and carefully observe some cat footprints, she proceed on deeper investigation. Her weapon is on ready just in case.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 31, 2020, 05:35:38 am »

"So there lost in the woods, well damn it sounds like they're going to be a pain in the ass to find."

Burt then listens to then listens to the spiel about the magic test.

"yeah I'll do the wizard test and see if I can magic, also when you say nominal fee how much would that be?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 31, 2020, 06:44:31 am »

yes, tell me what the job is, saying it blows and it sucks isn;t giving me much in the way of what needs to be done...does the job require sucking something? Like does it require forcing something g through a tube?
"No silly, I just want you to buy me a switchblade from the local forge, the slayer hands hands 3 gold to Reeta, "and a health potion from the alchemy shop," hands 1 gold to Reeta, "An inconvenience isn't it?" He added.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:47:05 am by invul_nerable »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 31, 2020, 07:11:42 am »

"So there lost in the woods, well damn it sounds like they're going to be a pain in the ass to find."

Burt then listens to then listens to the spiel about the magic test.

"yeah I'll do the wizard test and see if I can magic, also when you say nominal fee how much would that be?"

"Oh just as much as you can spare for the operation, don't sweat the small stuff."

Flo coaxes Burt into placing his hand onto the magic circle. This leads to an eruption of sparks, which fizzle out in air and seem to not damage any of the books, perhaps because of its magical nature.

"Going by the results of this test, you can learn and cast magic easily. Perhaps not advanced magic, but that can change over time. I couldn't help but notice, would you happen to have any magical artifacts in your possession? That might explain the peculiar outcome of your test... Ahem, anyway, that'll be 100g."

:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 31, 2020, 07:39:34 am »

He backs out the door, looking at Flo until he is out, then hurries back to his room to resume his studies.

If nothing else, he'd learn where his newfound skills could take him.

Doctor Doak continues his studies, reading Volume 3, which had to do with drawing on mana wells directly from plant sources.

He also skims over the books, getting an idea of what each one covers:

(i) deals with properties of plants which can be used to both amplify and limit the magical potential of magic practitioners
(ii) influencing the growth, fertility and yield of plants through magical means
(iii) drawing on mana wells directly from plant sources
(iv) shaping and manipulating different plant parts to do your bidding, focus on basics every nature mage should know like entangling roots, advancing fruit development, moving branches/leafs to create cover etc
(v) advanced study, specializing in one family of plants for maximum potency, cites example of wizards who specialized in ferns, vines, orchids, evergreen trees, Phallaceae mushrooms etc
(vi) limitations of nature magic, and dangers associated with it and the potential corruption it can cause.

((Does section vi go some way toward explaining what’s happening with the corruption we saw from the tower?

What about the corrupted forest creatures?))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 31, 2020, 07:51:54 am »

"No silly, I just want you to buy me a switchblade from the local forge, the slayer hands hands 3 gold to Reeta, "and a health potion from the alchemy shop," hands 1 gold to Reeta, "An inconvenience isn't it?" He added.
The sooner this is done, the sooner we can explore the forest Reeta says as she goes to the forge to buy a switchblade. Hi. I would like to purchase a switchblade for a fellow adventurer. I was hoping we’d go to the forest yesterday but the others wanted to wait. Hopefully we’ll go there soon. she says as she hands the 3 gold over

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 31, 2020, 08:09:33 am »

Jack grumbled to himself.  He had gotten the blanket dirtier than he realized. After scrubbing it in the washtub for the FOURTH time, the mud stain finally came out, and the rinse ran clear.

Cleaning his furs had been similarly difficult-- It has been several weeks since those had been properly washed and treated-- He was glad he had picked up the bees wax-- He used it to make make-shift saddle soap, along with the milled soap he had cooked up the day prior, and it had just the right cleansing and conditioning power for the soft leather the outfit was made from.  Too bad it took so many washings to get clean; Mama would be upset with him for washing his scent out of them, but he couldn't wear his "Town clothes" out and about, and he doubted the other people in the expedition group would tolerate his getting progressively *MORE* pungent.  Hell-- there were limits to what even HE could handle.

Carefully, he ran them through the wooden rollers of the wringer, then heaped them over his shoulder and returned home with them.

Mama had wandered a bit, but was still munching half-heartedly on the seasonally available fare (in as much as villagers had no use for sedge plants, and so they were abundant, if unappetizing, even to mama). Jack was happy to hang the clothes up to dry out, and got butt-bumped by Mama as she plodded up, just as he was hanging up the blanket over the opening of the A-frame. As was usual with her, after waiting a whole day for him to finish up whatever "absurd 2-legged things" he was doing, she was insistent on some "bear type things" from him-- and his cheeks bloomed red and hot. He wondered when she would get over this-- it was getting quite out of hand. (though he did fancy an opportunity to lie down for awhile.) He lifted the blanket and crawled into the leaves; Mama practically shoving him from behind.

-----

Jack awoke from his afternoon respite, cozy and sprawled out in the leaf litter he had packed the sleeping space with, mama sprawled out over him, as he was getting more and more used to.  Incidentally, this was NOT a bad way to spend the afternoon-- or at least he thought so. Too bad he felt he couldn't stay there the rest of the day.  Well.. Maybe a little longer.

In the back of his mind, he felt he was being grossly anti-social with his colleagues; Keeping clever girl's blanket without asking-- Not sharing learning results with Dr Doak, who would surely also profit from getting a spore sample from that interesting forest mushroom-- In general not being very helpful with the GSH situation...   All of them rattling around in his head, driving out the simple pleasure of laying in bed with Mama after a day of hard manual labor.

He grumbled.  Why couldn't things just be good, and simple-- why did things have to be so shit, and getting shittier?

He stroked mama lovingly, looking down at her sleeping head. She had her arms wrapped around his shoulder and chest, and he doubted he could escape if she didnt want him to leave-- and he had been out all day.  He sighed, and indulged himself in a little more sleep.

----

He could tell he hadn't slept long-- The sun's angle had not changed any really. This time though, it was mama who woke first, and had roused him with a lick on the face.

Good. (that you stayed.)
Happy.

Yeah-- He was glad he had not gotten up too. It seemed to him that this was all they had been doing-- Walking here, Walking there-- trying to find food on the road with mixed success, and nowhere any closer to fixing this disaster than when they had set out days ago. Well, at least they had gotten some gear out of the trip, and a little money. Those things were not terribly important to him though.  The beautiful bear lavishing him in kisses-- That was what was important to him. Her, and all the other poor things that lived in this sick and dying land.

He hugged mama back, rolled her over onto her back, climbed on her tummy and lavished her in kisses back. She was taken aback by the gesture, but he wanted to make sure the point was very clear and put across.  His emotional state had gotten alloyed together into a powerful will to fix this mess they were in-- To be the life partner she wanted him to be-- the one that would stop at nothing to assure her safety and future, and that of any cubs she might have-- that he fully accepted what she had asked of him in that darkened room in the days before.  He radiated it at her, then chewed mischievously on her ears.  She rolled him back and pinned him down, grabbed his face in her maw, and shook it gently side to side, retorting that she wasnt going to accept such a brazen posture from him, but that she was very happy with his conviction.  He raked his fingers through her thick brown fur, and breathed her in deep.  She was truly wonderful--

He looked at her wry face, and let her know that he needed to do a few more things, and asked if she wanted to tag along this time, since she had plenty of time to eat this morning.  She asked if there would be more cooked food.

Jack winced.  Was this what married life was like?  He wondered how he could ever reconcile these kinds of terrible circumstances, and just live a happy life, before telling her that he could not promise, but "maybe."

He gruffed at him, then looked through him very intently-- before attesting she would go-- to keep him out of trouble. 

He wondered why she was always so concerned about this kind of thing-- Scratched her behind her ears, gave her a fat smooch on the bridge of her nose (causing her to roll away to get away from the smooching), then slipped his clothes back on.  She protested that his action as "unfair"-- that he knew she didn't like that, with impotent threats of biting his lips if he did it again-- but he just chuckled at her.  He knew she was secretly starting to like it, now that she knew what it was, and what it meant.

He crawled to the open end of the A-frame, and threw back the blanket, then crawled out.  Mama tottered out after him, and threatened to drag him back inside for his misbehavior, but he just retorted with a cheeky response of his own...

----

Some time later, Jack and Mama were at the door of the inn again.  Since it was daylight, he felt he did not need to knock first. He opened the door and went in.  It was his intention to share the wealth of his academic achievements with Doak, if he was still locked in his room that is...

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 31, 2020, 08:24:02 am »

Doctor Doak continues his studies, reading Volume 3, which had to do with drawing on mana wells directly from plant sources.

He also skims over the books, getting an idea of what each one covers:

(i) deals with properties of plants which can be used to both amplify and limit the magical potential of magic practitioners
(ii) influencing the growth, fertility and yield of plants through magical means
(iii) drawing on mana wells directly from plant sources
(iv) shaping and manipulating different plant parts to do your bidding, focus on basics every nature mage should know like entangling roots, advancing fruit development, moving branches/leafs to create cover etc
(v) advanced study, specializing in one family of plants for maximum potency, cites example of wizards who specialized in ferns, vines, orchids, evergreen trees, Phallaceae mushrooms etc
(vi) limitations of nature magic, and dangers associated with it and the potential corruption it can cause.

((Does section vi go some way toward explaining what’s happening with the corruption we saw from the tower?

What about the corrupted forest creatures?))

((Volume Six deals with disastrous application of nature magic. Plants growing too big and disturbing ecology of that environment, plants becoming aggressive, plants dying, trying to force certain unnatural processes like fruiting in winters for summer fruiting plants, that kind of stuff. And how to restrict and undo damage by such actions if they have already occurred.

Lastly, it deals with long lasting damage by particularly negligent or malicious acts of nature magic. These can leave scars in an area for generations or more. However, due to the nature of nature magic, no harm is irreversible or permanent and can be fixed, given enough time. In this case though (up to the information gleaned by village personnel and adventurers) the "corruption" is getting stronger, and is not affecting just plant life but animal as well. There is more than one branch of magic at work here, or is the result of a particularly strong magic practitioner or magical artifact.

This uncertainty is part of the reason the adventurers have been called to investigate, it's safe to say that an instructional book is unable to provide beyond rudimentary details about the corruption in the forest, the likes of which local denizens are unable to deal with.))
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 31, 2020, 04:33:57 pm »

Forgetting that she said to follow Linea to the inn, Dixie looked around for people needing help.

Dixie starts looking around for people needing help, and soon meets with a little girl and her masked bodyguard.

"Salutations adventurer!" The little girl says in a enthusiastic voice, though her expression remains blank. The masked hunk is equally motionless.

"Might you aid a helpless little girl with a challenging task? You see, I require a new toy to play with, and what better than a maddened creature from the forest? If you could bring it to me still alive somehow, that would be most exquisite. I'll have a reward waiting for you."

Laemmle put the clues on safe. Finding fresh tracks like smell odor and carefully observe some cat footprints, she proceed on deeper investigation. Her weapon is on ready just in case.

Laemmle tracks the cat's paw prints to the edge of the grass towards the northern forest, along with what seems to be another set of paw prints probably belonging to another animal.

The sooner this is done, the sooner we can explore the forest Reeta says as she goes to the forge to buy a switchblade. Hi. I would like to purchase a switchblade for a fellow adventurer. I was hoping we’d go to the forest yesterday but the others wanted to wait. Hopefully we’ll go there soon. she says as she hands the 3 gold over

The blacksmith was working on a new polearm-looking weapon when Reeta walked in.

"Ah shore thing, switchblade it is."

[Reeta obtains Switchblade]
[GSH -3 gold]

"Wunna yer 'venturemates brought in some metals earlier, so we been werkin' on somethin' new, should be finished by the morn'. Always be needin' more materials though. Anyway, be careful out there y'hear?"

Zara is in the back, helping with the weapon assembly. "Hey petals." She says, casually glancing at Reeta.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 142