Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120309 times)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1365 on: March 28, 2020, 10:26:44 am »

Reeta tries to be as quiet as possible when walking towards Lucy and Snewden. ”Lucy, that was amazing, how you took apart and put together a living creature without killing it. How long have you been practicing magic?”
"A lot longer than any sane person would ever attempt." He vaguely replied, chuckling all the way as he stored his tools. Left behind was two petri dishes, one filled with scar tissues piling high and the other full of pus. All taken out of the slayer.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 28, 2020, 10:34:07 am »

Back to Linea, the grumpy CSA agent was busy carrying a bucket of water while the other two agents, Barnes and Sven were enslaved to scrub the floor clean.

Yes, she knew the old Jack had attempted to clean the floor with whatever method he could utilize, but the smell, although faint and quite disturbing only if you stand right on it, was still there, she doesn't like it, and she was not some boar messing up someone's house without being irresponsible about it.

"There goes my tomorrow laundry." she grumbled, opening a metal tube containing perfumed detergent powder and pour it to the first bucket. It was issued by CSA, important but not obliged equipment for any field agents, Linea always brought extra scoop and put it on a rum bottle. A clean and fragrant uniform could often be the only luxury she had when assigned in the middle of nowhere. And she hates missing it out.

"Are you done?" she asked irritatingly before drenching the floor with a portion of detergent water and mop it. Simmered vinegar really did the job combating the lingering odor while detergent did the rest by removing the stain on the floor.

And that was that. Linea finished the job by applying heat on the planks, evaporating the remained water and making sure no smell or stain remained.

"There you go." Linea slumped on one of the chairs and speak to the bartender. "Could you bring my coffee, please?"
"Much appreciated, lassie. Just, try not to make a mess next time?"

He placed three sets of coffee on the table, before collecting the mops and whatnot.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 28, 2020, 10:48:24 am »

Reeta tries to be as quiet as possible when walking towards Lucy and Snewden. ”Lucy, that was amazing, how you took apart and put together a living creature without killing it. How long have you been practicing magic?”
"A lot longer than any sane person would ever attempt." He vaguely replied, chuckling all the way as he stored his tools. Left behind was two petri dishes, one filled with scar tissues piling high and the other full of pus. All taken out of the slayer.
wait, al, of that was from the human?she asked while looking at the scar tissue and pus. that’s a lot of damaged stuff, I wonder if the armor he wears prevented fresh air from getting to him. How long will he stay unconscious for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 28, 2020, 12:45:58 pm »

"So you have any idea of where the missing pages might be or where I could get replacements?"

Burt stands there for a minute before remembering something that was asked when he first got into the library.

"So what's the magical assessment you offered when I first got in here?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 28, 2020, 11:04:37 pm »

wait, al, of that was from the human?she asked while looking at the scar tissue and pus. that’s a lot of damaged stuff, I wonder if the armor he wears prevented fresh air from getting to him. How long will he stay unconscious for?
"He should wake up momentarily, once his body flush out the magical daze. Any time now."

He gave the slayer a poke on the ribcage. With a silver needle.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 29, 2020, 04:29:34 am »

Laemmle ask the owner of the lost cat how is it looks like.

Then searching for the lost cat, focusing on alleys and roofs of village's house.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 29, 2020, 10:58:45 am »

"Much appreciated, lassie. Just, try not to make a mess next time?"

He placed three sets of coffee on the table, before collecting the mops and whatnot.

"Don't rub it in!" Linea's golden eyes glared at the poor bartender as if she wanted to run her knife through his throat. But instead of murdering the person who currently, the only one capable of serving her a coffee, she diverted her anger toward the two CSA agents, who, fortunately, understand the whole situation by refraining themselves from cracking any idle remarks.

"You two, sit down!"

"I just remembered we have guard duty. Good heavens! Just look at the time!" said Barnes, trying to drag Sven out but stopped at the moment Linea pulled her knife out and placed it next to her coffee mug like a damned steak knife.

"Agent Barnes, you will have plenty of time with your assignment once we are done with this... evaluation. And I would say again; please sit down before your coffees turn cold."

Cold sweat ran across Barnes's forehead as they sat on the designated chairs. It was always a nasty business when Linea said the word evaluation. It was, of course, an arbitrary assessment, but still within the authority of a field officer like her.

"Gentlemen. As you already aware, we are we missed one day of a mission that supposed to be accomplished as soon as possible." 

"We barely arrived at this vicinity yesterday, miss Linea," said Sven.

And Barnes chimed in. "Yeah! We can't possibbly-"

"I know Snewden has assigned infiltration duty the moment you arrived here yesterday. What I want now is, both of you to also report to me of any intel you gathered. Is that clear? Now before we wait for Snewden to coming back to us, let's hear what you have so far."

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:11:30 pm by Slyph »

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 29, 2020, 10:33:05 pm »

Edwarg had mentally taking a note of whatever he had seen in this shrine and indeed, wondered why CSA never even think about hiring this anyone like this man. It was efficient, clean and somewhat reliable. That would be saving a lot of resource, time and life. After this assignment, he would compose a letter recommending the usage of healing magic, this time directly to miss Jazdia rather than to the old-fashioned William Anderson. 

Then he realized that they have been here for hours already.

"He should wake up momentarily, once his body flush out the magical daze. Any time now."

"Unfortunately I can't stay until this gentleman awake. I should take my leave now if all is well. Thank you very much for your assistance, Mister Lucy."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 29, 2020, 10:40:18 pm »

Reeta starts gathering his armor and placing it next to him so he knows where it is when he wakes up

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 30, 2020, 05:03:44 am »

Reeta starts gathering his armor and placing it next to him so he knows where it is when he wakes up
Green aura starts envelop the slayer again then moments after it vanished, the slayer woke up.

"Is it all over?" The slayer asked to whoever is near him

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:35 am »

Green aura starts envelop the slayer again then moments after it vanished, the slayer woke up.

"Is it all over?" The slayer asked to whoever is near him
the healing? Yes. Here is your armor Reeta says while holding out the helmet and pointing at the various other pieces of armor. Do you want to hear about what Lucy did while you were unconscious? It is very interesting how he healed you.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 30, 2020, 08:28:07 am »

"No, I don't wanna hear it," te slayer took his makeshift armor and started piecing it together like a puzzle. "Besides I wouldn't understand it anyway."

"Man, I feel very bare," the slayer looked at his crotch, "Whoaah they even shaved this part."

"By the way plant-person, are you... A male or a female?" The slayer asked. "I am just wondering since most plants self-pollinate, you are most likely born as a hermaphrodite, so I am curious if you whether you are a hermaphrodite or not." The slayer added.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:52:29 am by invul_nerable »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 30, 2020, 09:53:46 am »

I’m a female. Do you need help with your armor?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 30, 2020, 04:01:21 pm »

"So you have any idea of where the missing pages might be or where I could get replacements?"

"The missing pages are likely with the person who kept the other folios. You can find the folios and I can trace the owner, or you could bring me the person and I can trace the other pages... you wouldn't have to search for the pages if you already had the owner with you here though so I think you'll have to find the pages first. The remaining folios are probably scattered out there in the forest, if that is where you found this one."

"So what's the magical assessment you offered when I first got in here?"

"Aha, I'm glad you asked!"

Flo excitedly skitters over to her book pile, pleased with the endless prospective customers streaming in today.

"Here's the simple version, I determine if you have mana reserves required for magic casting through a simple, mostly pain-free process. After that you can attempt to learn magic on your own using the books here, or I could help you out with any specific branch of magic that interests you (for a nominal fee of course). Would you like to try it out now? Two, err, three of your companions just had theirs now and none were mortally wounded yet."
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 30, 2020, 06:12:41 pm »

Jack munched on his remaining portion, and resolved to keep up his efforts. He was gonna have mushrooms out of that jar today even if it knocked him out trying.

[Roll: 19/20]

Jack resumes his efforts of using nature magic to grow mushrooms, as he goes back to the routine, once again putting his hands to the jar.

As he practices more and more, something in him seems to click, as he becomes more fluent at channeling his energies into the jar. After some time, a few healthy looking mushrooms have begun sprouting from the jar.

[Jack's Nature Magic skill level has increased from 0 to 1! (and an additional 70% to reaching next level)]
[Jack learns the spell Minor Fungus Growth]

One of the mushrooms also seems to be a little different from the rest.

[Jack discovers alchemy ingredient: Forest Mushroom]
[Jack obtains a Forest Mushroom]

The ingredient doesn't seem to be used in any currently known alchemy recipes, but can be bartered with at the apothecarist, or perhaps used for alchemical experimentation.

Laemmle ask the owner of the lost cat how is it looks like.

Maus tells Laemmle that the cat is mocha-colored munchkin cat, and has a knack of going all over the place, sometimes even into the forest.

Then searching for the lost cat, focusing on alleys and roofs of village's house.

[Roll: 13/20]

On the roofs, Laemmle finds a ball, probably belonging to the kids.
[Laemmle obtains Red Ball]

In an alleyway, she finds a gold coin.
[Laemmle obtains 1 gold piece]

In another alleyway, Laemmle finds a collar with the name "Mocha" written on it. The collar has been ripped and torn in various places. There is also some brown-ish colored fur nearby, probably belonging to Mocha. There is however no sign of the cat nearby.
[Laemmle obtains Ripped Cat Collar]

He backs out the door, looking at Flo until he is out, then hurries back to his room to resume his studies.

If nothing else, he'd learn where his newfound skills could take him.

Doctor Doak continues his studies, reading Volume 3, which had to do with drawing on mana wells directly from plant sources.

He also skims over the books, getting an idea of what each one covers:

(i) deals with properties of plants which can be used to both amplify and limit the magical potential of magic practitioners
(ii) influencing the growth, fertility and yield of plants through magical means
(iii) drawing on mana wells directly from plant sources
(iv) shaping and manipulating different plant parts to do your bidding, focus on basics every nature mage should know like entangling roots, advancing fruit development, moving branches/leafs to create cover etc
(v) advanced study, specializing in one family of plants for maximum potency, cites example of wizards who specialized in ferns, vines, orchids, evergreen trees, Phallaceae mushrooms etc
(vi) limitations of nature magic, and dangers associated with it and the potential corruption it can cause.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 142