Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120351 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1275 on: March 22, 2020, 05:51:29 am »

Jack cracked a smirk, then hauled the broken brass contraption he had ripped from the tower floor out of his bag.

Allrighty-- Mebby ya can have a looksie at dis crazay thang--- he said as he laid the broken device on the counter.
Got some missin' parts, but t'e udders like it 'bout mowed us all daown in some damned darkened room-- (batshit crazy assed place; fallin down and tryin' te kill us lef' an right...) Shot big o' purple death beams and such at us.  Could be a fun trinket ta have 'round--- Or, is just purdy scrap, yer call....

Jack read the sign sitting on the counter, and raised his eyebrow.

Ya really does magical apt'tude testin' 'ere? I gots work still needs a doin', but I gots a few moments-- How long does it take?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 22, 2020, 06:47:05 am »

"Wait its missing pages, damn I thought I found all of them do you have any idea of how many are missing?"
Burt asks the question.

"Umm, I'm not sure if this follows Wirkwahl's Classification of Natural Fauna... or maybe some other categories of plant material. I think five is a safe bet. Alchemy, Fruits, Roots, Twine (Fiber) and Molds. We have two, Alchemy and Fruits, so there should be three more pages of this same construction out there, somewhere."

Jack cracked a smirk, then hauled the broken brass contraption he had ripped from the tower floor out of his bag.

Allrighty-- Mebby ya can have a looksie at dis crazay thang--- he said as he laid the broken device on the counter.
Got some missin' parts, but t'e udders like it 'bout mowed us all daown in some damned darkened room-- (batshit crazy assed place; fallin down and tryin' te kill us lef' an right...) Shot big o' purple death beams and such at us.  Could be a fun trinket ta have 'round--- Or, is just purdy scrap, yer call....

The shopkeeper takes the broken trigger device from Jack, twirling it between his graceful fingers and examining it closely.

"Ah yes yes, broken trigger looks like? Better than any I've made for suuuure, wonder what happens if I..."

The shopkeeper fiddles with it for a few moment, occasionally infusing it with magic, glowing with different colors each time.

"That's fixed then, the trigger was broken, and I fixed it now. It shouldn't explode in your face for the next few days at least. You need a magic source to channel through here, looks like the original held an orb. Purple death beams you say, very well, er very well. I can't do purple death beams just yet but maybe, maybe if you got some other magic instrument... or maybe crystals or something, you can still power this thing and fire something out of it uh. I had one that could fire ropes, right handy to swing from trees and stuff you know, I planned on making a swing for the village kids but the rope caught fire. Unpredictable stuff, magic. Still, no harm will come to you for sure, if you got any ideas come to me alright, I'm mighty good with magic.

The shopkeeper hands the fixed Orb Trigger back to Jack.

Ya really does magical apt'tude testin' 'ere? I gots work still needs a doin', but I gots a few moments-- How long does it take?

"Aptitude check right, excellent excellent. She'll be pleased, might even stop badgering me for the rest of the year. Oh it takes but hardly a moment. She might not even extort you of your inheritance if you flatter her enough. You can learn spells and stuff as well, I'd help you with that but my genius needs tempering daily, far too busy. You will have to go to the other side of this building, the library door opens there. She's already ministering to one of your companions. And how about you, er, how about the bear?"

The shopkeeper looks back and forth between Jack and the bear.
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 22, 2020, 07:09:02 am »

Jack grinned wryly at the absurdly dressed gentleman, as he took the "trigger device" back.

Oh-- Ya mean mama?  Mama's 'er own thang-- but right purdy.  She won't hurt nobody, 'slong as they don' go messin' round wid' 'er, thinkin' she' a dog or sommat. She think' all the peoples 'round 'ere is crazy, and dont really wan' none 'o it. Cain't say I blame er-- Poor thang caint go back in da woods, what wid' em all full a critters as just assume eat ya face as say 'ello and all. 

Jack's expression made a flash towards tender concern, worry, and doubt, before being forced back into being cheerful and bright again.

Bu' 'ats why we're 'ere, ain't it? Gotta make ev'r'thang better-- en mebbe poor place can starts ta heal... His face slipped back into solemn worry and doubt again, this time not really getting pushed back. ...Afore ev'r'thang innit dies anyway...... So-- Assessments! Ya says it only takes a minit?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 22, 2020, 07:39:35 am »

Jack grinned wryly at the absurdly dressed gentleman, as he took the "trigger device" back.

Oh-- Ya mean mama?  Mama's 'er own thang-- but right purdy.  She won't hurt nobody, 'slong as they don' go messin' round wid' 'er, thinkin' she' a dog or sommat. She think' all the peoples 'round 'ere is crazy, and dont really wan' none 'o it. Cain't say I blame er-- Poor thang caint go back in da woods, what wid' em all full a critters as just assume eat ya face as say 'ello and all. 

Jack's expression made a flash towards tender concern, worry, and doubt, before being forced back into being cheerful and bright again.

Bu' 'ats why we're 'ere, ain't it? Gotta make ev'r'thang better-- en mebbe poor place can starts ta heal... His face slipped back into solemn worry and doubt again, this time not really getting pushed back. ...Afore ev'r'thang innit dies anyway...... So-- Assessments! Ya says it only takes a minit?

"Suuuure does, that's the easy part. Learning's the hard part. Some folks are inclined towards this magic or that, on account of their circumstance of birth and whatnot. Location, species, what have you. But most just pick and focus energies on what they like. Not every elf is communing with mystic trees, they can take up flame and fire as well as any dragon mage."

"Well anyway, if I can be any further help to you, or MAMA!"

He shouts several pitches to loud, putting his best salesmen grin on while looking at the bear.

"Just ask for me, I'll be right here. Or err, wherever you hear any explosions in the village."
:-(

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 22, 2020, 08:01:52 am »

"Never mind, let's bring him outside."

Like some wolf pelt, Edwarg carried the armored slayer and brought him to the bar and laid him on a long wooden bench, which would suffice for now.  . He is unconscious, which is less concerning than his breath which sounded shallow and muffled.

The helmet has to go, so he remove it.
The helmet is too tight to be removed manually, the helmet probably rusted and locked the poor slayer's head that it may(or may not be) be the reason why he is so angry everytime. Edwarg pulled out a lubricant ang applied it to the helmet's hinges and base. Slowly, he forced to remove the helmet by pulling it.

His first pull revealed the slayer's hair underneath, the second pull, revealed his jawline and the long hair that has been hiding underneath, and finally the third pull removed his helmet.

The slayer's rugged and dirty hair covered his face, it seems like it has grownout inside the helm and never been washed for years, and its smell, its scent is horrid, that only savage orcs can ignore it. Talking about savage greenskins, this scent smells like 'em, smells like rotten meat and blood.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:07:13 pm by invul_nerable »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 22, 2020, 08:28:53 am »

Doctor Doak sighs quietly, glad the ordeal is over.

If you give me as many books on nature magic as you think would help me understand it, sure, I’ll tell all my friends about you and your library.

Doctor Doak gains updated editions of all nature magic books he was carrying. The originals are shelved away and can be retrieved again if desired.

Doctor Doak nods and smiles gratefully - Happy he can both leave and for getting some updated books - and departs to find a quiet spot he can read the books and take copious notes.

There was a small spark of something he recognized as curiousity in the back of his mind, certainly something he was used to in his previous academic endeavors, but it felt different. Was he seriously open to the idea that he could use magic...?

... Naaaah. He chuckles to himself, shaking his head, but not the feeling he was about to discover something huge.

Adjourn to his room (assuming he has one) at the inn, read the books and take copious notes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 22, 2020, 08:32:38 am »

What would mama want with magic? She' more intrested in just doin' normal bear type things ya know? said jack, with his cheeks starting to color involuntarily.  Ya know-- Find a good boy bear, eat lots a food, then go den up fer 'te winter and such... Jack's face was practically beet red at the end of that last sentence.

Naow-- I'mma go see about 'at dere assessement!

And with that, the red-faced gentleman absconded into the next room, Mama trailing behind him with a very confused look on her face.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 22, 2020, 08:47:49 am »

"Never mind, let's bring him outside."

Like some wolf pelt, Edwarg carried the armored slayer and brought him to the bar and laid him on a long wooden bench, which would suffice for now.  . He is unconscious, which is less concerning than his breath which sounded shallow and muffled.

The helmet has to go, so he remove it.
The helmet is too tight to be removed manually, the helmet probably rusted and locked the poor slayer's head that it may(or may not be) be the reason why he is so angry everytime. Edwarg pulled out a lubricant ang applied it to the helmet's hinges and base. Slowly, he forced to remove the helmet by pulling it.

His first pull revealed the slayer's hair underneath, the second pull, revealed his jaws and the long hair that has been hiding underneath, and finally the third pull removed his helmet.

The slayer's rugged and dirty hair covered his face, it seems like it has grownout inside the helm and never been washed for years, and its smell, its scent is horrid, that only savage orcs can ignore it. Talking about savage greenskins, this scent smells like 'em, smells like rotten meat and blood.

The helmet fell from his hand, that immediately went unsteady. The revelation galvanized Edwarg like some disgusting joke. He was a nurse indeed, and he was trained to treat any kind of wounds from smallest cut to the festering, putrid gangrene. This one might not as bad as the latter, but still a horor on its own way. How could a person endure living with such condition, not in leg or arm but right on their face?

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 22, 2020, 09:04:54 am »

The smell reached her almost immediately. A terrible odor smelled like a twisted fusion of rancid smell of blood, sweat, and decay, and it makes her fortunate she hadn't reached her second sandwich.

"Damn you, Edwarg!" she snapped. "This is a bar, not an operating room! What the hell are you doing?"

The orc nurse, who also seemed to be overwhelmed by his finding, struggled to describe his situation, but Linea dismissed him quickly.

"No, I don't want to hear it. Just finish it quickly. I need some fresh air."

With one hand covering her nose, Linea hurriedly stormed to the exit door, kicking the metal helmet along the way.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 22, 2020, 09:30:18 am »

"I thought it was as simple as helping a drunkard..." he tried, but Linea didn't hear him anymore. He looked around, rather bewildered of what to do with the armored gentlemen. So far there was no visible injury in his newly exposed face, and the issue was more like a hygiene aspect that not actually pose any immediate threat to his well-being.

But the smell, damn it!

As the elf rushed to fron door, Edwarg called her. "Nia, wait! The healer you mentioned, would you kindly fetch him? Or the fair lady that work to the church order or something."

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 22, 2020, 09:53:54 am »

Linea halted and turned back to Edwarg. "I don't have time for this. Why don't we just wake him up? It's not like he is turned into a corpse... well he is indeed smelled like a corpse."

That being said, the elf marched toward the counter and seized the bucket filled with water the barkeep use to clean his mug. Without Edwarg could stop her, the angry Linea splashed the entire bucket to GSH's face.

"Wake up!"

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 22, 2020, 10:11:56 am »

"Wha- no no no NOT INSIDE THE DINING R-"

Too late for the barkeep, the water carried all the filth as it splashed down the unconscious tincan.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 22, 2020, 10:15:51 am »

"He's usually holed up in his lab at the guild building. Busy man. If he's unavailable, the magic shop could probably help too."
thank you Lucy Reeta then leaves the shrine and goes to the guild building and asks Xanios? I’m Reeta, a new Adventurer and I have some questions about the parasitic plants

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 22, 2020, 06:55:42 pm »

thank you Lucy Reeta then leaves the shrine and goes to the guild building and asks Xanios? I’m Reeta, a new Adventurer and I have some questions about the parasitic plants

A man with a prim mustache and pointy goatee and wearing dark blue robes is sitting in his private office in the Adventuring Company HQ.

"Hmm? Oh, hello. Right, the plants. Strange phenomenon indeed. They seem to be growing right out of the creatures' brains, infecting their nervous systems." He says in a quick and concise fashion, putting away the book he was reading. "What questions do you have?"
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 22, 2020, 07:10:31 pm »

Last night, the adventurers mentioned an area of dead plants a distance from a tower they explored. Do the plants growing within animals cause damage to surrounding plants if they grow outside of a host> if you don’t know yet, we can possibly put some normal plants in a pot and extract the parasitic plant from an animal, then out the plant into the pot with the others to see whether it causes tho others to die. Putting them in a pot will prevent the spread of withering from going to the rest of the village, since the pot will contain it. The idea is to figure out whether they have something to do with the withering, or if the withered area is caused by something else. If you or someone else has samples extracted from animals already, we could use those ones
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 10:08:32 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 142