Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120353 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1260 on: March 21, 2020, 09:36:16 pm »

thank you for clarifying, and for the directions. I’ve never had reason to call anything something they are not. I guess that’s a thing people do. What does Lucy look like?

"He's about a middle-aged man with medium-length silvery white hair, and a prominent neck beard and, err, goatee. And his eyes are a peculiar shade of red."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 21, 2020, 09:41:33 pm »

thank you for clarifying, and for the directions. I’ve never had reason to call anything something they are not. I guess that’s a thing people do. What does Lucy look like?

"He's about a middle-aged man with medium-length silvery white hair, and a prominent neck beard and, err, goatee. And his eyes are a peculiar shade of red."
thanks again. I’m off to the shrine. Bye for now
Reeta goes to the shrine and looks for Lucy

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 21, 2020, 10:27:25 pm »

Linea was munching her morning sandwich when she saw Edwarg entering the bar with a less pleasant face. And... something in his back, wait... it was not a cape, it was GSH (she began to accustomed to calling him that) and he was completely thrashed.

"Heavens, Edwarg! Never thought you would really feel offended and beat him to a pulp."

The orc smiled, then answered gently. "It wasn't my doing, this gentleman exhausted himself by trying to dig through the detention room, all when screaming kill greenskin and all. I surprised the guards didn't know that." 

"And yet you still trying to help him. That's very noble of you." she said sarcastically.

Without expecting Edwarg to reply, Linea looked at the bartender, who seemed not too happy with Edwarg bringing the troublemaker back to his establishment.

"You might want to ask your men to bring some ropes. You know, just in case. Anyway, can I have the coffee some more?"
"Is rope really necessary? Surely he's not in any condition to move like that."

That said, he quickly returned with freshly brewed coffee and some rope. Just in case. Thrashed furniture are expensive, after all.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 21, 2020, 10:33:23 pm »

thanks again. I’m off to the shrine. Bye for now
Reeta goes to the shrine and looks for Lucy

It took several glance to notice someone sitting at the front row. Lucy was still at the same spot the last time someone saw him, though Reeta probably have no idea. He seemed to be reading something, which he close upon approach. It's a plain book with black leather cover, there's no title or decoration whatsoever across the surface.

"Good morning. Have a seat."

He didn't even turn around.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 21, 2020, 10:37:57 pm »

I was told that there is a plant that grows in animals. I was also told that you might know more about it. What do you know about the parasitic plant?

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 21, 2020, 11:36:18 pm »

"Introduce yourself first, lass. I'm known as Lucy, around here."

He stood up and turned to face the newcomer.

"I've some observation, Xanios would know the more technical side of it. It's some kind of vine-like growth that grows in the skull and burrows through the nervous system, notably the spine. It afflicts wild animals the most, especially those in the woods - driving them to attack this village without care of their own well-being. The local poultry and cattle also suffers from it, but it grows a lot slower than the wild animals. We have no idea what caused it, but there's no human victim from here yet. Though we did found some corpses in the wood a while back, still capable of attacking despite their state of decay."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 21, 2020, 11:40:31 pm »

Thanks for the info. I’m Reeta. Sorry for not mentioning my name earlier. I am an adventurer who came to help with this problem.  Where is Xanios and what does he look like?

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 22, 2020, 12:24:52 am »

"He's usually holed up in his lab at the guild building. Busy man. If he's unavailable, the magic shop could probably help too."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 22, 2020, 01:17:32 am »

Jack was very pleased with himself.  While the campfire cooking rig wasn't ready yet, the hatchet was, which was what he really needed to have today. The other could wait a bit, it wasn't a deal-breaker. 

He had asked the smithy if he could borrow a shovel for a few hours, and to his great surprise, his request had been granted.

Today was going great.

Before long, he had the shallow pit that would end up being the bed dug, and had set about cleaning and dressing all the windfalls, and small sticks he would need to build the roof.  Mama thought he had completely lost his mind when he had started digging though. [Bad spot!], and [Way too big!] and things to that effect, watching him work with concern, incredulity, and consternation. He just chuckled, but worried he would be in for another argument; Mama seemed pretty particular about her choice in den sites, that was for sure.  He kept reminding her that this was temporary, and not meant to be one he would come back to year after year. It helped matters a bit, but she still felt the site was entirely wrong. It had taken some doing, and she was still not convinced of his assertions, but she had finally settled on waiting to see, after he confided that they could always stay at the inn a second night, if it came down to it-- apparently, the thought of more sausages was sufficient to dissuade her lack of faith in his carpentry skills.

He chuckled-- He would still need to get some cordage made, and needed to check in on some of his other orders, not to mention return the shovel at some point today.  He stuck the hatchet into a nearby stump to keep it from being lost, gathered up his stuff, and started on the next round of checking on orders.

Crossing the town square, he noticed that a sign was out front on a previously closed building. "Magic Shoppe" huh...

His interest was piqued, he had a few minutes.  He nuzzled and stroked mama a bit, then opened the door and went inside.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 22, 2020, 02:56:17 am »

"Oh hey, good morning."

Dixie greeted Linea as she appeared. Hair's slightly wet, black clothes somehow slightly darker, wearing her leather armor and all the tools and baubles attached to it.

She then glanced at Edwarg and the metallic filth he brought inside. "What happened to him? Did he swim with pigs?"

"Morning. Fancy some bread?"

Linea shoved the plate to the other side of the table before glancing at the bench in a far corner of the room.

"Oh, it's just Edwarg being Edwarg."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 22, 2020, 04:19:51 am »

"Sure, thanks."

Dixie grabbed a piece of bread and bit off an unusually large portion, chewing on it while looking at the yet-nameless armoured person lying down.

She then swallowed. "Are you really gonna fix him up?" she said, facing the orc nurse.
I have a YouTube channel.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 22, 2020, 04:29:11 am »

"2g sounds good to me, and if your running out of metal I'll be sure to grab any I find when we go back out, now I've got to go to the apothecarist before I forget."
Burt exchanged the metal for the money, then went to the apothecarist to see what they thought of the fruit book.
(Gonna post this sense it got buried.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 22, 2020, 04:33:46 am »

Doctor Doak sighs quietly, glad the ordeal is over.

If you give me as many books on nature magic as you think would help me understand it, sure, I’ll tell all my friends about you and your library.

Doctor Doak gains updated editions of all nature magic books he was carrying. The originals are shelved away and can be retrieved again if desired.

Crossing the town square, he noticed that a sign was out front on a previously closed building. "Magic Shoppe" huh...

His interest was piqued, he had a few minutes.  He nuzzled and stroked mama a bit, then opened the door and went inside.

The shopkeeper looks up and stares at the customer (or customers?) that walked inside. As soon as One Eye'd Jack approaches the counter his eyes light up.

"WELCOME TO- *ahem* I mean, welcome to the shop sirs."

The shopkeeper throws a hopeful glance towards the bear as well.

"How could I help you, it's MAGIC right? You're here for some arcane wares right, we got the best, we got the best stuff in this village, we're- oh the stock got cleared out a bit recently but don't worry, I'm sure whatever remains will serve your needs fine!"

The shopkeeper bounces on the soles of his feet excitedly, waiting for a reply.
:-(

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 22, 2020, 05:17:28 am »

"2g sounds good to me, and if your running out of metal I'll be sure to grab any I find when we go back out, now I've got to go to the apothecarist before I forget."
Burt exchanged the metal for the money, then went to the apothecarist to see what they thought of the fruit book.

Burt takes the Fruit Folio to the apothecarist, who brings out a peculiar lens-shaped crystal to observe it.

"This is an exquisite piece of workmanship. Most of these fruits listed on this page are real I'm sure, as difficult as it may be to believe. I've dealt with many of them myself but they're supposed to be rare."

The apothecarist puts down the crystal and ponders for a moment.

"Whoever had this must have been a person of considerable means. I can also make out some kind of enchantment weaved into it but I cannot determine what sort. Also, it's just a hunch but I think there must be more pages to this folio. I have one like this, but it's for plant ingredients used in alchemy. If the folio has a greater purpose you will need to find more pieces to determine what it does."

"Also, the librarian can do magical analysis of objects (and people as well but there's a greater cost to that), maybe she can notice something I cannot."
:-(

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 22, 2020, 05:34:09 am »

"Wait its missing pages, damn I thought I found all of them do you have any idea of how many are missing?"
Burt asks the question.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 142