Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120360 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1230 on: March 19, 2020, 03:26:35 pm »

Jack was tired.  The girl's questions were relentless.

Go ask that ol' goat Lucy. He's the one as pried that thing outta Mama fer me-- Maybe 'es still got the durned thing. Hell if I knows.  Muh head hurts...  Jus' wanna go lay down...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 19, 2020, 03:30:43 pm »

Jack was tired.  The girl's questions were relentless.

Go ask that ol' goat Lucy. He's the one as pried that thing outta Mama fer me-- Maybe 'es still got the durned thing. Hell if I knows.  Muh head hurts...  Jus' wanna go lay down...
Sorry for making you tired, get some rest. Reeta turns to Laemmie Jack said Lucy might know more about the plants. He also called Lucy an old goat. Is Lucy a talking goat? If not, what is he and why did Jack call him a goat? Also where can I find him/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:12:49 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 19, 2020, 10:12:54 pm »

"Night is getting deeper and local probably going to sleep.

Where do you sleep by the way?" Laemmle said to Reeta.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 19, 2020, 10:15:03 pm »

I find a place outside that I can face the sunrise from and root there, facing the sunrise so my leaves can collect and use the light With that, she left the inn, went to the eastern wall and faced East and rooted her feet into the dirt until morning
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:33:41 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 20, 2020, 12:41:55 am »

Jack tried to shut out the whole world-- Every sensation he had was making his head pound harder. 

Abruptly, he was aware of Mama sitting on the floor beside him, as she had started nuzzling his buried face, trying to get under his folded arms in order to give him kisses, with a heavy paw plopped over his shoulder for stability.  In the same second of time, he simultaneously wanted to just wrap his arms around her and fall on the floor with her-- and also-- wanted to shove her away and cry in pain. 

He was nauseous, and his skull was on fire from the inside. His eye hurt terribly, and he could swear he saw small sparkles and lines whorl around the edges of his vision.

She was persistent though.  The nuzzling for access to his face changed tactics, and she began just rubbing a cheek on the back of his head and back, making happy murmurings.  Slowly, realization trickled in-- She was trying to rub his head, in the place he had rubbed hers when she had been suffering her own relentless head pain. It made him feel like an ass, continuing to just clutch his head and groan like that.  He dared to see the light in the room, and slowly took his arms down, blearily opened his eye, and gave mama a confused and pain-suffused look.  Her eyes spoke volumes that the rest of her face could not express. Worry, concern, affection.. He really did feel like an ass.

Lovingly, he put a hand on her big beautiful head, and rubbed in 'the spot'.  She responded by pressing her forehead hard against his, wrapping him in a bearhug with him still on the bench pulled up to the table.  She was soft, and fluffy after the bath. Smelled like rich cedar heartwood, and pine needles, with just the hints and undertones of her natural musk. .. So soft... Without realizing it, he own arms were wrapped around her back, and her weight was threatening to shove him over into the person seated near him on the bench. He stiffened, and pushed back to prevent being toppled over, and to stay upright. His head slipped down the side of hers, until his left eye and cheek were buried in the left side of her neck and shoulder, the shared embrace getting tighter, her long muscular neck wrapping around the left side of his, so that her muzzle was against the back of his head.  Mama was "purring" and chuffing softly at him, but all he could manage was a murmuring groan. For several seconds, his entire universe was just that warm fluffy body next to his, and nothing else. It contrasted the burning pain in his head like white on black.  He wanted the pain to go away, but did not want the hug to end.

It was not meant to be.  The long pause in the conversation came to an end, as a voice filtered in through the sound of the pounding in his ears, and the gentle, loving sounds of mama's breathing, purring, and the sound of her beating heart thundering beside him.

Awwwww.. Look at them...

It was the clever-girl.  Jack felt embarrassed, and mama clutched him tighter. She let out an almost inaudible warning growl; He didn't need to feel her thoughts to know them, she was practically shouting "Mine" at dixie, while clutching him tight.  Oh-- that silly bear...

He didn't care who saw, or what they saw.  He squeezed her tighter and leaned into her--

... I love you too mama... he whispered softly into her shoulder.

------

After he had shut her out, so that he could answer the plant-thing's questions, her jack had not really returned to what she felt was normal. He made sad and pained noises, and covered his head. He was making the sounds-- Small bits of it were understandable now, but just little bite sided nibbles, when she wanted the meal, and the understanding was fading from her fast. She looked across the table at him, while she snacked on the sausages slowly, waiting for him to stop talking.

It was hard for her.  Waiting.  None of the other 2 legged things had continued talking except the plant-one.. She could tell jack did not really want to keep talking-- his scent was straight up duress, drenched under a heavy stink of cedar and pine.  She watched, and ate another sausage.

It bothered her that he wasn't moving.  Was he OK?  He was still "talking" at least.. but she did not like how he was hunched over like that. She slid off the bench, and plodded around the table quietly, sat on the floor nearby and continued watching.  The food was tasty, but she was more concerned about her Jack. Finally, the plant-one strode away from where she had been standing near to the table, and away toward the way out. She had wondered when that would ever happen. She got closer to Jack, and tried to nuzzle him... His tired and agonized groans made her feel sad and worried...

She wanted to protect jack. Keep jack. He was hers.  HERS.  He had made the.. "Embarrassment?" smell she had mistaken for 'interest' earlier at the sounds that had come from the other she-2-legged-thing, and she would have none of it.  She clutched him closer, and eyed the other 2 legged things warily.

He made sounds.. realization and difficult understanding... her own understanding.. filtered in. He had said them so slowly.. Slow enough for her to grasp...  The words were a poor substitute for what they usually shared, but she knew he was tired and in pain.  The words did not convey those other bad things, just the thing he wanted her to know.  ...She already knew... She knew...    She loved him too.  She was thankful to him for helping her understand that this was more than simple growling. She was irritated that she could only hold on to small bits.. single words disconnected from the context of the others... but it was way more than she understood before. He was hurting so much now.. She could smell the distress leaking from his skin-- and the thought that he had suffered all this, just because of how much he loved her...  She no longer had any doubts about how far he would go to stay with her.  she knew he wouldn't just walk away...  She wanted to let him know, she wouldn't either.

She squeezed him tighter, still warily eyeing the others in the room.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 20, 2020, 03:09:22 am »

"I know I was in here a few minutes ago but I forgot to see if you were interested in these metal bits I found in the tower."
Burt then tried to sell the iron blade and iron rod to the blacksmith.

The blacksmith examines the Iron Blade and Iron Rod. "...Yes, this is fine metal. We been runnin' short on craftin' materials, so I'd gladly buy 'em off ya. How's 2g for each of 'em sound? I reckon I can probly craft 'em into somethin' new, too."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 20, 2020, 09:10:52 am »

"2g sounds good to me, and if your running out of metal I'll be sure to grab any I find when we go back out, now I've got to go to the apothecarist before I forget."
Burt exchanged the metal for the money, then went to the apothecarist to see what they thought of the fruit book.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 20, 2020, 12:30:36 pm »

After a while, the group left, giving the much-needed solitude for the two CSA operatives.

"Still positive, Mr Snewden?" Linea chuckled mockingly at Edwarg, who was still having a hard time following his surroundings. "We have bear, tree people, clueless lady, and a living embodiment of bigotry.

She paused for a moment before continuing with a rather apprehensive tone. "Welcome to the party."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 20, 2020, 11:44:54 pm »

Light filtered in through the closed shutter.  There was no noise from the common room downstairs. Only the sound of mama's breathing broke the silence.

When the two of them had slowly went up the stairs, and crawled onto the "bed", he had been out like a snuffed candle, and he had no recollection of the intervening time at all.  Right now though, he was very contented, despite the hardness of the floor under the mattress. The vestiges of the splitting headache he had endured last night were still cloying, now mostly toothless, to his temples.  If it weren't for needing to get a head-start on the day, he felt he would find excuses to lounge in the bed with her until she woke up on her own. 

Perhaps a little bit longer...  She WAS very soft... and warm....  and seemed very contented where she was. He remarked how often he was impulsively smelling the fur around her neck these days. Fragrant cedar, same as last night. Her musky oils were stronger this morning though. The inn keeper would probably complain about the mattress needing aired if they stayed longer without another bath, and too much soap would be bad for her skin.  He really needed to get a better solution to their sleeping arrangements before nightfall today.  The thought that they could lounge in bed all morning, every morning, after getting today's work done brought a big stupid grin to his face, and absently, started stroking her fur, doing exactly what he had wanted to not do--- Rouse her from her sleep.

At least she was in a good mood.

Hello!(beautiful.)
Good Sleep? (did you sleep well?)

It stung his his temples making the connection; He had CLEARLY overdone it, ... WAAAY overdone it.. the night before.  He resolved to take some willow bark tea this morning, and keep the contact to a minimum, until he recovered-- Mama was still concerned about him, her awareness of his headache crowding in around him like a smothering blanket. Big mother hen that she was. He chuckled and scratched in the fur on her back, illiciting stretching and groaning from her as she shifted her weight to accept the attention (and his attestations of "going to be fine.")

Just a few minutes later, he had put the village clothes back on, fluffed the blankets, and put the mattress back where it belonged before sitting down on the bed to slip his boots on.

It was going to be a long day, and they needed to get started. 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 21, 2020, 12:45:36 am »

Reeta sensed the sunrise and stayed for a bit longer, letting the sunlight collect in her leaves, then she remembered she was near the inn, and went inside to check on Jack.
She entered the building and noticed he wasn’t on this floor, then she found a staircase and ascended. She didn’t;t know which room Jack was in, so she called through the hallway as she walked through
Jack, did you get sleep? You mentioned Lucy last night, do you know where Lucy is?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 21, 2020, 02:02:24 am »

Sure did! he said with a mischievous grin, finishing up tying his last boot. As fer where ta find that ol' goat?  If'n I were a lookin fer im, I'd ask that Arven fella-- Ya know, as runs the "adventurin' Comp'ny"? He seems ta keep tabs on the commin's an Goin's a people like 'im--  No idea where 'at ol' goat holes up fer da night, but that feller prolly knows.

He stood up, grabbed his bag from off the floor, then laid it on the bed before absently digging through it looking for something.

I appreciates ya commin ta check in on me an all, buts, I's gonna be busy as hell ta-day. I dun know if I can han'l another night cuddled up on da floar-- Inn keeper's a good fella, but he ain't thinkin' straight, thinkin' grown man and a grown bear can share is here tiny lill' bed!

His smile became very big and cheesy, as he pulled out a leaf-wrapped bundle of shredded bark.

Bu' wit any luck, won't be a problem no moar! Gonna be a busy day!  Ready ta go mama?

The bear looked up at him with a cocked head and perked ears. Jack took that as a yes, and popped a bit of the bark into his mouth and started chewing, as he stood up, shouldered the bag, then rubbed the bear on its head.

Soorry to(o) chashe yo(o) off! Godda go(o)! he mumbled with his mouth full, as he gently put a hand on her shoulder being careful not to disturb the foliage, then headed past her out the door.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:05:51 am by wierd »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 21, 2020, 02:13:32 am »

Reeta follows Jack until he leaves the inn, then makes her way to the Adventuring Company HQ and knocks on the door

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 21, 2020, 03:12:29 am »

The early morning sunlight stung Jack's vision. It would take awhile for the willow bark to work its magic, and right now, all it was doing was tasting terrible. (though the chewed fiber was beneficial for cleaning his teeth).

He had placed orders in the even yesterday, and arranged for pick-up later today. Right now, he needed to settle on a "place", and get everything ready so he would have a spot to put things away when it came time to pick up those orders.

The morning dew was pleasing in his sinuses. Much better than the cloying smoke and other smells of civilized people he had endured all night.  He looked forward to spending tonight with the sounds of the breeze and birds chirping in the morning-- Just him and mama.  Damn the thought was fancy.

It couldn't be that far from the town though.  Only downside.  Always had to be something to ruin the mood.

He decided that a spot near the forest exit to the north-west would be good.  When it would come time to head out again, the others wouldn't have to hunt long to find him, and it was well within earshot of the inn-- If there was trouble in the night, He and Mama could either high-tail it in the night, or make enough noise to bring the town guard.  It was also far away from the houses the villagers lived in, and away from any provisions or supplies they had; From experience, he wanted to remove any and all potential accusations of his "charge", (though he wasn't sure it was appropriate to call Mama that now...) raiding food barrels or taking livestock. The further she stayed away from over there, the better things would be.  At least, to his estimation anyway.

Mama plodded around lazily behind him, sniffing here and there, and chewing on the grasses and plants at the forest edge, as he wandered around in the selected area, looking for potential spots.  Every so often, he would get mama's opinion on the matter, and always get met with confusion.  She was of the opinion that there needed to be a steeper hill if he was going to dig a den, otherwise the rain and snow would get in. He tried to explain his plans to her, but she just thought he was over-thinking it. At least the willow bark was helping; the pain was very tolerable during the contacts now. Still there, still annoying, but very tolerable.

Then, nestled just in the edge of the canopy he found what he felt was a good enough spot.  A tall pine tree rose large, tall and straight, just before the edge of a mild embankment. Mama felt it wasn't steep enough for their needs, but he assured her it would work. She worried that his head had gotten hurt worse than he was letting on if he felt that mild draft was anywhere close to good enough-- she wanted a really steep one.  He chuckled at her-- She WAS right, after all, if you were just gonna dig a hole and move in.  You needed a hill big and steep enough that your door was mostly upright, so that things did not wash or blow in.  But that was not what he was going for here. It wasn't meant to be permanent anyway. Just for the summer or so, --or until they could get things settled with the forest, and back to normal.  A place to properly winter-in would have to come later. ... .. Much later.

He smiled, made mental note of the spot and committed it to his memory, then headed with Mama to the blacksmith's shop.  He would need at least that hatchet he ordered the day before to get started.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 21, 2020, 03:46:31 am »

After chatting with Edwarg and devised their strategic plan, Linea went to her room.

The night passed without any noticeable disturbance and the morning came, sunny and peacful. Linea washed her face, put on some freshly washed attire before heading out to the bar to get some breakfast.

Snewden was nowhere to be seen.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 21, 2020, 06:57:16 am »

Snewden entered a building that appeared to be the detention facility of Mystville Village and asked the guard about the slayer they had taken custody.

"Where is the armored gentleman by the by? Is he okay?"
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 142