Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119580 times)

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1095 on: March 16, 2020, 10:16:20 am »

"I knew it!" She exclaimed. There was a faint trace of surprise and delight warming her voice as she properly responded to Edwarg's entrance.
"These two buffoons are always following your tail like some zealot follower!"

"Hey, I don't like what you are implied. We are here for the job. It was you two who all lovey-dovey-" Barnes protested, but Sven quickly stopped him.

"I just remember we were tasked to join with the town guards. Right, Capt'n? It's nice to meet you, Miss Linea but we---"

"MMHHFF!!"

"Capt'n Edwarg will give you the details." Sven continued and dragged the guy away while muffling his mouth"  So, good afternoon you two. Heavens, read the goddamn mood, Barnes."

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 10:18:16 am by Slyph »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 16, 2020, 10:18:15 am »

They stayed still for a few seconds, until she turned her gaze towards him.

"What are we?"
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 16, 2020, 10:24:28 am »

They stayed still for a few seconds, until she turned her gaze towards him.

"What are we?"
"Heroes to our own stories." He returned the gaze. "Are we not?"

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 16, 2020, 10:27:49 am »

"Hm? No, " she shook her head, "I mean this. Us."
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 16, 2020, 10:48:30 am »

"Depends. What do you want it be?"

There it flashed, the glimmer in the crimson eyes. A momentary glint that vanished faster than it appeared.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 16, 2020, 10:59:09 am »

Now sitting directly across the table, the awkwardness didn't end just yet so Edwarg used a brief moment to study the situation. Linea looked weary and tired, and knowing her behavior, it is no surprise that her mood was sour.

And Edwarg knew well that making a casual talk wouldn't improve the air around them, so he decided to go down to the business, and talk like an agent should be.

"How is the investigation going? Find anything on your end?"

"Feeling like this whole mission is a wild goose chase." she groaned then rested her chin against her palm. "I found the trace of assault on one of the rooms they occupied. The witnesses said the female agent was... dragged alive to the forest by a bipedal creature. The other two followed shortly, probably trying to rescue her. After that, it all went dark. No sign of any of them coming back. And as you know, it has been a month already."

"And the woods?" Edwarg asked quietly. "You just returned from there, haven't you?"

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 16, 2020, 11:07:45 am »

Now sitting directly across the table, the awkwardness didn't end just yet so Edwarg used a brief moment to study the situation. Linea looked weary and tired, and knowing her behavior, it is no surprise that her mood was sour.

And Edwarg knew well that making a casual talk wouldn't improve the air around them, so he decided to go down to the business, and talk like an agent should be.

"How is the investigation going? Find anything on your end?"

"Feeling like this whole mission is a wild goose chase." she groaned then rested her chin against her palm. "I found the trace of assault on one of the rooms they occupied. The witnesses said the female agent was... dragged alive to the forest by a bipedal creature. The other two followed shortly, probably trying to rescue her. After that, it all went dark. No sign of any of them coming back. And as you know, it has been a month already."

"And the woods?" Edwarg asked quietly. "You just returned from there, haven't you?"
"Here ya go! Anythin' else?"

The barkeep placed a large mug of coffee, with a tiny pitcher of milk and a shot of honey on the side.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 16, 2020, 11:12:54 am »

Burt then buys a switchblade, a flintlock pistol, and 32 rounds for it.

Burt loses 10g, gains Switchblade, Flintlock Pistol and 32 Smoothbore Rounds.

-3g: 8 Smoothbore Rounds, Mace

Dixie Greene loses 3g, gains Smoothbore Rounds and Mace.

-25g: Firestone, Magiglass Lens, Fossilized Sea Star, Oaken Staff, Persistent Primate

Dixie Greene loses 25g, gains Firestone, Magiglass Lens, Fossilized Sea Star, Oaken Staff and Persistent Primate.

As Dixie makes the purchase the shopkeeper bounces around excitedly.

"Oh happy days! No more will I starve, my days of frugal subsistence ARE OVER!"

As he's shouting excitedly a curtain dividing the shop from the back room opens up, a woman walks out to the front desk and bonks him on the head.

Doctor Doak struggles in vain against the man, eventually giving up and being “guided” to the destination. The sooner he got this over with, the sooner he could get back to research.

Uh... the... uh... the Librarian? Can I speak to them? About nature magic?

"Nature magic? Whistling jays, you can talk to her about anything, about fire magic! Or ice magic! And hair mag- wait, maybe not hair magic, I keep telling her it'll be the deadliest arcane art this side of the capital but she doesn't understand my geni-"

The woman bonks him on the head again.

"I'm standing right here you friggin' failmage."

The woman comes out in full view. She has a regular human torso, clad in green dress and a green ribbon tying her blond hair into a ponytail, and her rear body is that of a large spider... though dissimilar to the monstrous proportions of Dularach.

"Pardon sir, ignore my idiot brother. He's a gifted mage, or would be if spent more time with his studies and the shop and less on wandering all over god knows where, concocting one hare-brained scheme or the other. Please follow me."

The woman leads him over to the other side of the huge building, a large set of doors opening into a library stacked from floor to roof with shelves and books, enough books to flood a small lake.

"My name's Flo, I'm the librarian here. My brother is Vanquis, he runs the shop... when he's capable of focusing his thoughts for more than 10 seconds that is. I heard you're interested in my services yes, something about needing help with nature mag-"

A thunderous bang interrupts her mid-sentence, with a loud "Magic fireworks will make me riiiiich!" following afterwards.

Flo hides her face in her hands for a few moments, before resuming.

"Yes I was saying... mind if I take a look at the books you're carrying?"
:-(

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 16, 2020, 11:32:52 am »

Found nothing. Other than a tower I thought to be the place they sheltered and. And, oh,  some mutated creatures that attacked my party."

"Did they hurt you?" Edwarg's glanced at her, eyes looked all concerned.

"No, just scratched my shoulder."

And Linea too turned her head toward her shoulder and felt a sharp, acrid stench of her body odor pierced her nose. She waved her hand at the barkeep;

"Can you tell your lackeys to fetch me my water? The usual. And I'd like my coffee served when I am done bathing."

She turned back to Edwarg before standing up and placed her hand on his broad shoulder. "We will talk again later."

"Sure. Take your time, the night is still young anyway."

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 16, 2020, 11:54:32 am »

"I'll keep this warm for ya!"

The barkeep took away Linea's coffee, before walking into the back room and exclaomed something indistinct at his worker.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 16, 2020, 06:01:22 pm »

"Yes I was saying... mind if I take a look at the books you're carrying?"

Doctor Doak nods and hands the books over, spine first, gaping slightly at the arachnid portion of her body. This world was a little strange, but nobody else seemed to mind, so he might as well get on with it.

I work for the adventurer’s guild; we were looking into the corrupted beasts recently and came across a mage’s tower. He appeared to be looking into something he called “the Seed”, which seems a likely suspect for the corruption, as well as mention of a nature mage, so I took it upon myself to look a bit further into the subject. I found the books in the tower. As you can see, the series the mage had is incomplete, which limits what I can do, really.

I’d appreciate your insight, and hopefully the missing books too, if you have them available.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 16, 2020, 07:10:00 pm »

Seeing the elf enter the building, Reeta decided to try to find a party member still outside. She found the armored man and walked toward him, but noticed a trap was activated, so stopped some distance away
hello, sir.  What did you intend to catch in your traps? One of them has activated, also hello, I am a new adventurer and I am hoping on traveling through the forest tomorrow to search for ingredients for the blacksmith. You have armor, will you accompany me once we see what fell in the trap? Reeta then goes towards the pit and looks down, to her surprise finding a human. are you alright? Humans aren’t usually targets for these She reaches down towards the one in the pit Let me help you up
Giving a hand by unfamiliar new female adventure. Laemmle take to get off the pitfall. The female paladin with etching full set of armor and a hairstyle of a noble get off the pitfall.

"Thanks, I owe you one." She said to Reeta.

"You are new here?" She asked her.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 16, 2020, 07:25:48 pm »

Seeing the elf enter the building, Reeta decided to try to find a party member still outside. She found the armored man and walked toward him, but noticed a trap was activated, so stopped some distance away
hello, sir.  What did you intend to catch in your traps? One of them has activated, also hello, I am a new adventurer and I am hoping on traveling through the forest tomorrow to search for ingredients for the blacksmith. You have armor, will you accompany me once we see what fell in the trap? Reeta then goes towards the pit and looks down, to her surprise finding a human. are you alright? Humans aren’t usually targets for these She reaches down towards the one in the pit Let me help you up
Giving a hand by unfamiliar new female adventure. Laemmle take to get off the pitfall. The female paladin with etching full set of armor and a hairstyle of a noble get off the pitfall.

The ironclad slayer who was resting woke up from the commotion and immediately jumps up and took a fighting position.

"Face my wrath you filthy--" he said, obviously still half-awake. "Who -- what's happening." The slayer said confusingly. He turned his head towards the trap that sprung and saw pancake maiden beside it.

"I told you not to play around here missy, there are traps everywhere!" He lectured.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 16, 2020, 07:51:20 pm »

Yes, I am new. My name's Reeta. Reeta then turns towards the armored one
What did you think was happening? I just saved a human from your traps, what were you intending on trapping?

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 16, 2020, 09:31:23 pm »

"Probably for greenskins. This tincan is obsessed killing anything that color is green.

I'm Laemmle by the way, Holy Knight from Saint Haven." She replied.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 142