Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119598 times)

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1080 on: March 16, 2020, 12:22:36 am »

Lucy sat in the front row, silently observing the bubbly paladin. He took a sip from his flask.
As done on her prayer the light goes off. She stand up from kneeling and notice Lucy from the front row.

"Oh, hi. Since when you are here?" Laemmle spoke.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 16, 2020, 02:23:06 am »

"Since quite a while now." The elderly man capped his flask. "May I help you?"

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 16, 2020, 02:54:53 am »

Doctor Doak seeks out the sorcerer, intending to ask him about the mage that built the tower, and what he knows of the floromancer and the Seed.

Doctor Doak finds Xanios in the Adventuring Company HQ, asking him about the mage that built the tower, and what he knows of the floromancer and the Seed.

"Ah, Gorohill. A brilliant wizard, yes. I've not seen nor talked to him for quite some time now. He had a tower in the forest, I'd visit him there sometimes and we'd talk of magical hypotheses and spellcraft. I remember he was quite focused on completing that tower of his."

"A floramancer? I'm not sure who you are talking about. I've not seen nor met any floramancers around here."

"A seed? Hmm, I do remember Gorohill mentioning something about a magical seed during a few of our meetings. He believed it had quite a bit of unique magical potential, and that it was located somewhere in the forest. I'm afraid I don't know much more about it than that."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 16, 2020, 02:55:57 am »

Also, afterward, he will properly read the nature magic books, making notes, to see if he can learn how to deal with the corruption in the forest.[/b]

((And totes learn magic))

Doctor Doak settles down to learn what he can, trying to find a link between the forest's corruption and the contents of the books left behind in the tower.

A young man dressed in bright fuchsia robes passes by Doak, taking interest in him and trying to peek at the book's contents. After a few moments of tip-toeing around he loudly introduces himself to Doak.

"HULLO THERE! I see your book, learning magic huh? Did I hear you say MAGIC!? Did you know there is, in fact, a magic shop, right here in this village? Can I interest you in some magic stuff? You'll make a great wizard in no time, I guarantee it a hundred and eleventy percent! Here don't be SHY, I'll SHOW you the way."

The overexcited man jumps and twitches with excitement, forcefully pushing Doak all the way to an overlarge building, the sign proudly declaring it as the "Shoppe of Enchanted Accoutrements". The front window is tiny, some magic equipment can be seen on display behind the shelf. A small note (with supremely curly characters and tiny hearts dotting the i's) on the desk reads "Magic Instruction and Affinity Assessment Services Available, Ask For the Librarian".

(Magic Shop Vendor added to the Item Shop Spreadsheet)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 16, 2020, 06:42:16 am »

Doctor Doak struggles in vain against the man, eventually giving up and being “guided” to the destination. The sooner he got this over with, the sooner he could get back to research.

Uh... the... uh... the Librarian? Can I speak to them? About nature magic?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 16, 2020, 06:59:47 am »

"I just finish my stuff in here. I m going to head now. See ya." Laemmle replied and smiled.

She exit the church and get some little stroll. In random chance, she go ahead on Ironclad Slayer.

Got caught again by pitfall trap.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 16, 2020, 07:37:47 am »

Dixie jolts up from her deep stupor. She was hungry. Deeply so. The berries weren't enough. She should've asked Jack for a bite from his Elven Baguette, but she didn't wanna interfere with his moment with the bear.

She then went down to the lower floors of the inn, then ate the quickest available meal they had ready-- bread and water. Hungry as she was, she still took her time to chew carefully, even softening the bread in her mouth with the water.

She stared at the empty plate and glass on her table, then remembered she finally had enough gold to buy bullets for the flintlock she needlessly carried so far, and so she wordlessly went to the smithy.

-3g: 8 Smoothbore Rounds, Mace

She herself was surprised with her own purchase, but the Mace just called to her. Light enough to carry; hits hard enough that it doesn't need to pierce the skin. A body-breaker, which she thought she lacked so far.

She then saw that the magic shop was finally open, and then entered it.

-25g: Firestone, Magiglass Lens, Fossilized Sea Star, Oaken Staff, Persistent Primate

Finally some use for the back-straps on her Leather Armor with that Oaken Staff. Is it really okay for her to have such a copious amount of weapons, though? It's great that they all have negligible weight, at least.

She looks at the closest mirror available, to check how her new glasses fit. Not quite bad, she thought to herself. Has a nerdy feel to it. It made her smile for a second.

She strapped the... "Persistent Primate" on her left arm. Strange name for a shield.

For her next stop, she figured she'd visit Lucy once more before she fell back to sleep during this broad daylight, and so she went to the shrine. Just in time to see Laemmle from a distance, having exited from it.

Hm.

She went through the door, looking for Lucy.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:51:10 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 16, 2020, 07:44:27 am »

"It turns out the tower isn't the cause and some people think its something further into the forest but I'm not sure, also I'm buying another gun as I feel like I need another one."
Burt then buys a switchblade, a flintlock pistol, and 32 rounds for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 16, 2020, 07:45:56 am »

"you're...not planning to hurt me, are you?" Reeta takes a few steps back, watching the elf warily

"No, I am not." said Linea in monotone, not even looking back at the girl who abruptly stopped following her. "Unless if you are stupid person, I am as 'harmless' as the sun. Are you afraid now?"
no, sorry. What did you do in the forest?

"Burning it." Linea answered sharply before pushing the door leading to the bar. "You don't have to be sorry."

Inside, she found two rather familiar figures sitting at the table in the middle of the room. Two humans, Sven and Barnes, she recognized their average appearance, and CSA coat of arms patched on their shoulder.   

And as soon as she entered the room, they greeted her.

"There she is! Speak of the devil and fire devil herself doth appear." Said Barnes, grinning at Linea who seemed all eager to incinerate even her own colleagues at any moment.

But instead sending another operative back in a body bag, or.. urn, Linea yanked one of the chairs and sat there. "I am an inch closer to have your brain melted from inside, Barnes, but I don't think Anderson would appreciate that. Maybe I should rip off your rank insignia, have that metal thing warmed up before shoving it down to your throat to remind you a proper way to address a superior."

Both men smiled, awkwardly, and soon they realized that Linea was never one to jest. The other operative, Sven was the first to break the silence.

"Please don't mad at him. It is his habit to spew jokes all the time to lighten up the mood. We have no idea about your situation." he paused for a moment, then continued rather carefully. "I guess the investigation didn't go well?"

"You bet it is." Linea touched her forehead like in pain, but her current problem was not as simple as a mild headache. For a start, she smelled like a soaked hound after a hard hunt, her legs hurt, and she wanted coffee. An urge to quickly make herself more presentable keep weighing her mind, but the barkeep's henchmen were nowhere to be seen to deliver her water. 

"Go get her some drink, you dimwit!" Sven pushed the other guy away before asking Linea. "A hot tea isn't it?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:02:44 am by Slyph »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 16, 2020, 08:04:38 am »

Dixie jolts up from her deep stupor. She was hungry. Deeply so. The berries weren't enough. She should've asked Jack for a bite from his Elven Baguette, but she didn't wanna interfere with his moment with the bear.

She then went down to the lower floors of the inn, then ate the quickest available meal they had ready-- bread and water. Hungry as she was, she still took her time to chew carefully, even softening the bread in her mouth with the water.

She stared at the empty plate and glass on her table, then remembered she finally had enough gold to buy bullets for the flintlock she needlessly carried so far, and so she wordlessly went to the smithy.

-3g: 8 Smoothbore Rounds, Mace

She herself was surprised with her own purchase, but the Mace just called to her. Light enough to carry; hits hard enough that it doesn't need to pierce the skin. A body-breaker, which she thought she lacked so far.

She then saw that the magic shop was finally open, and then entered it.

-25g: Firestone, Magiglass Lens, Fossilized Sea Star, Oaken Staff, Persistent Primate

Finally some use for the back-straps on her Leather Armor with that Oaken Staff. Is it really okay for her to have such a copious amount of weapons, though? It's great that they all have negligible weight, at least.

She looks at the closest mirror available, to check how her new glasses fit. Not quite bad, she thought to herself. Has a nerdy feel to it. It made her smile for a second.

She strapped the... "Persistent Primate" on her left arm. Strange name for a shield.

For her next stop, she figured she'd visit Lucy once more before she fell back to sleep during this broad daylight, and so she went to the shrine. Just in time to see Laemmle from a distance, having exited from it.

Hm.

She went through the door, looking for Lucy.

"You're awake." Came the greetings from the front row. Whatever happened, there's no more trace of exhaustion left. As if he's back to the previous state, before all that healing.

"Feeling better? That's... a lot of stuff."

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 16, 2020, 08:09:08 am »

"Burning it." Linea answered sharply before pushing the door leading to the bar. "You don't have to be sorry."

Inside, she found two rather familiar figures sitting at the table in the middle of the room. Two humans, Sven and Barnes, she recognized their average appearance, and CSA coat of arms patched on their shoulder.   

And as soon as she entered the room, they greeted her.

"There she is! Speak of the devil and fire devil herself doth appear." Said Barnes, grinning at Linea who seemed all eager to incinerate even her own colleagues at any moment.

But instead sending another operative back in a body bag, or.. urn, Linea yanked one of the chairs and sat there. "I am an inch closer to have your brain melted from inside, Barnes, but I don't think Anderson would appreciate that. Maybe I should rip off your rank insignia, have that metal thing warmed up before shoving it down to your throat to remind you a proper way to address a superior."

Both men smiled, awkwardly, and soon they realized that Linea was never one to jest. The other operative, Sven was the first to break the silence.

"Please don't mad at him. It is his habit to spew jokes all the time to lighten up the mood. We have no idea about your situation." he paused for a moment, then continued rather carefully. "I guess the investigation didn't go well?"

"You bet it is." Linea touched her forehead like in pain, but her current problem was not as simple as a mild headache. For a start, she smelled like a soaked hound after a hard hunt, her legs hurt, and she wanted coffee. An urge to quickly make herself more presentable keep weighing her mind, but the barkeep's henchmen were nowhere to be seen to deliver her water. 

"Go get her some drink, you dimwit!" Sven pushed the other guy away before asking Linea. "A hot tea isn't it?
""Welcome back! What'dya need, lass?"

The portly barkeep greeted, fluttering from a table of patrons. He seemed jovial as always.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 16, 2020, 09:00:25 am »

Spoiler: Lucy (click to show/hide)

"Ah... Yeah, I had money to burn. Never know what I'll need until I need it."

She sat beside Lucy, putting her Oaken Staff and Mace to the side so they don't hinder her. She held at her knees, looking down at the ground.

"... It's been bugging me now that I realize I forgot to say it, and maybe you were paid to do it anyway, but thanks for bringing me back to..."
I have a YouTube channel.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 16, 2020, 09:28:55 am »

The ironclad slayer made jogged around the perimeter of Mystville scanning if there are greenskin activity while he was around, besides that, he is also testing if the gambeson he bought is compatible with his makeshift armor. After doing high interval intense training for a few minutes, he stopped at his usual spot surrounded by traps.

"This gambeson *pants* is really *pants* adding weight to my *pants* armor *pants* but I guess it will do *pants*"

The slayer sat down and rested there for a while, wondering if he improved and when will the WAARGGH will come to this village. Surely killing the mechanical goblin guarding the tower will send a strong message to the warboss. The slayer thought, all he has to do is wait till comes.

"I hate waiting!"

GSH is now lvl 2
Str: 3
Agi:3 + 1
Vit:1 + 2
Psy:0 + 1
Lck:3

"I just finish my stuff in here. I m going to head now. See ya." Laemmle replied and smiled.

She exit the church and get some little stroll. In random chance, she go ahead on Ironclad Slayer.

Got caught again by pitfall trap.
Seeing the elf enter the building, Reeta decided to try to find a party member still outside. She found the armored man and walked toward him, but noticed a trap was activated, so stopped some distance away
hello, sir.  What did you intend to catch in your traps? One of them has activated, also hello, I am a new adventurer and I am hoping on traveling through the forest tomorrow to search for ingredients for the blacksmith. You have armor, will you accompany me once we see what fell in the trap? Reeta then goes towards the pit and looks down, to her surprise finding a human. are you alright? Humans aren’t usually targets for these She reaches down towards the one in the pit Let me help you up
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:54:46 am by Naturegirl1999 »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 16, 2020, 09:43:29 am »

Spoiler: Lucy (click to show/hide)

"Ah... Yeah, I had money to burn. Never know what I'll need until I need it."

She sat beside Lucy, putting her Oaken Staff and Mace to the side so they don't hinder her. She held at her knees, looking down at the ground.

"... It's been bugging me now that I realize I forgot to say it, and maybe you were paid to do it anyway, but thanks for bringing me back to..."
"You're welcome. That is quite literally my job, dont think too much of it. Injuries are unavoidable, moreso once we venture deeper still."

Lucy placed a hand on her shoulder, giving it a squeeze and pulling her slightly closer.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 16, 2020, 09:50:53 am »

""Welcome back! What'dya need, lass?"

The portly barkeep greeted, fluttering from a table of patrons. He seemed jovial as always.
"It is coffee for the young miss." Edwarg broke in and Linea looked at him, Color rose in Linea’s cheeks for a moment, but she still kept her expression at minimum.

"It's good to see you, Nia." he smiled, but Linea didn't. The silence stretched between then, awkward despite the casualness of the setting and the warmth of the hearth.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 142