Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119757 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #840 on: March 04, 2020, 09:05:04 am »

Jack shoulders the walking stick, and tries out the frost staff for its sturdiness.

Also attempts to feel through the staff, for lack of a better word.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 04, 2020, 09:32:08 am »

Jack shoulders the walking stick, and tries out the frost staff for its sturdiness.

Also attempts to feel through the staff, for lack of a better word.

The staff is sturdy, if cold to the touch.

One Eye'd Jack gains Chilling Staff.
Grants minor bonus damage damage to spells, and moderate bonus damage to ice spells. Deals a portion of its damage as cold cold damage when used physically.
:-(

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 04, 2020, 09:33:56 am »

((I'm sorry for whoever's reading this, they're making up the hows of the stuff on the spot and being vague as hell on whether it was invisibility or teleportation and apparently joking around about it while I expected actual answers, hence the confusion))

((Ignore my quoted post above))

Dixie moves towards the alcove with the dagger and takes it. No one else seems to want the macabre-looking thing.
I have a YouTube channel.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 04, 2020, 09:51:10 am »

Dixie moves towards the alcove with the dagger and takes it. No one else seems to want the macabre-looking thing.

Dixie grips the dagger by the handle. She can hear the faint echo of a laugh, the hoarse cry of some primal being for a few seconds after she takes it into her possession.

Dixie gained Dagger of Destiny.
Deals 20 base dmg. Can deal 65 dmg on a single attack, once a day. Base dmg afterwards is lowered to 12 dmg. Damage value is restored after day ends.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 04, 2020, 09:52:29 am »

Jack is curious about the bone trinket. the artisanship is lacking, but the object is interesting.

He palms it for a moment, after collecting the chilling staff.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 04, 2020, 09:57:06 am »

Jack is curious about the bone trinket. the artisanship is lacking, but the object is interesting.

He palms it for a moment, after collecting the chilling staff.

There is seemingly nothing exceptional about the bone charm. It makes a slight rattling sound when shook, as expected.

One Eye'd Jack gains Bone Charm.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 04, 2020, 09:59:45 am »

Upon finding no discernable function for the object, Jack attempts to set down the bone trinket where he found it.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 04, 2020, 10:01:55 am »

Upon finding no discernable function for the object, Jack attempts to set down the bone trinket where he found it.

The charm is placed back in its compartment inside the chest.

One Eye'd Jack loses the Bone Charm.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 04, 2020, 10:29:45 am »

Satisfied with the curiosity in the chest, Jack ignores the bone trinket. He feels he can make better looking bone carvings should the mood strike; the image is not terribly aesthetic for this trinket.

He instead looks for Dixie, the clever-girl, and sees she is not where he last saw her. Startled for a moment, he scans the room, and sees her near the ladder. He wonders how she got there, but only for a moment-- It's possible she just slipped past him when he was fiddling with the staff.

Undaunted, he crosses the room to the ladder, and addresses her.

Hey Cle--*ahem*-- Ma'am? Can uh... Can you look'it these 'ere rocks fer me? I found em in dat chest o'er dere, wit' all tha' o'ter wizardy crap. Just checkin ta see if they is just ord'nary shiny rocks, or ifn' they gots special gogo-juice in em. Can ye check em out fer me?

Jack turns his attention momentarily to Dr Doak.

By the by-- What'er crazy whackadoo as built this damn place put a few secr'it faml'y recipies away in dere too-- We can vo o'er em together later, aright?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:34:27 am by wierd »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 04, 2020, 10:39:31 am »

Surprised, Dixie accidentally dropped the bone dagger forward. Upon only grazing the wall, the dagger glowed and it was as if something else came and slashed the alcove, now with a small gash on it at least an inch deep.

She picked up the dagger again, then summoned the magical orb. This dagger feels more throwable than the orb. Now that she'd rotated the orb around, she noticed it has a hole anyway, seemingly for connecting to a staff or some other. She raised her right hand to neck height and unbound the magical orb from the ring for about ten seconds, then slapped the bone dagger sideways to her ring, binding it then.

Bound Ring now binds Dagger of Destiny

Immediately, she made the dagger vanish, to be summoned later, while she tosses the magical orb between her hands, wondering what to do with it.

She turns to Jack. "Sure. " then walks towards the pointed chest.

Check as many gemstones as possible, see if authentic or responding to mana input

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 04, 2020, 10:46:24 am »

Check as many gemstones as possible, see if authentic or responding to mana input

The gems are authentic, regular gems with no magical or aberrant properties.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 04, 2020, 06:49:19 pm »

"It's all real gemstones... no sort of magical properties within them. " Dixie uttered to Jack, standing back up after minutes of kneeling to check the gems.

"Will someone in the village buy all of these, I wonder... "

Still idly looking at the gems, she thumbed the magical orb on his left hand, wondering what to do with it.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 04, 2020, 08:55:06 pm »

Linea knew she shouldn't have any expectations, but still, it was disappointing. No sign of the missing squad, not even a single trinket, nor semi-disposable items could be seen from the pile of prizes, or anywhere in this room.

The CSA agent walked toward the window and stared at the scenery far beyond. She waited for them to finish their looting.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 04, 2020, 10:35:03 pm »

Jack accepted the gems back with a slight smile, and a nod.  If there was a buyer, they would go a long way toward getting needed equipment when the got back, and at the very least, offset mama's food bill for awhile.

He noticed clevergirl handling the odd purple orb he had given her earlier, now that she had displaced it from her ring-- He noted her outfit had a decided lack of pockets.  He wasn't entirely sure this what she was thinking--- people were sometimes frustratingly hard to read-- not like animals at all---

Reaching into his quiver, he pulled out a single arrow, then scored break-off lines around both ends, near the fletching and the head, before snapping them off cleanly.  A few seconds of quick work with his knife, and it was rounded on one end, and smoothly tapered on the other. He returned his knife to its holder in his boot.

He noted she was still handling the odd orb when he was done, just looking at him like he had lost his mind.

'ere, lemmie see dat for a minnit-- was all he said, as he calmly took it from her hands, then wiggled the re-worked arrow shaft into the receptacle on the end of the orb, held on basically by the friction of the wooden shaft alone-- It would still come out if you tugged hard, but it was enough for it to stay in otherwise.

'ere--- Put it in 'at purdy black hair a yorn-- Good a place as any!

------

OEJ loses one arrow, gains 1x fletching, 1x arrow head
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:18:38 am by wierd »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 04, 2020, 10:54:28 pm »

"Oh, good idea. Thanks."

Dixie grabbed the shafted orb and tied her hair with it. Took her a few extra seconds, having only barely forgotten how to tie her hair, not having done it for too long.

"Mm-hmm. This works." She repeatedly tapped the top of her tied hair, noting how fluffy it is. She then turned to Jack. "What do you think?"
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 142