Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119805 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #825 on: March 04, 2020, 07:43:02 am »

"This stuff seems kind of suspicious I have a feeling it might be trapped or cursed or some shit, I wouldn't put it past the people who built this place to do something like that."
Burt waked around the room and examined all the equipment that was hanging from the walls, while being careful not to touch anything in case of curses.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 04, 2020, 07:43:48 am »

I have had just about enough of this tower.

check out the ladder.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 04, 2020, 07:56:38 am »

Dixie looks around for small, wearable jewelry.
I have a YouTube channel.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 04, 2020, 08:00:55 am »

Jack makes a cursory scan of the room, taking note of the displays.

"This stuff seems kind of suspicious I have a feeling it might be trapped or cursed or some shit, I wouldn't put it past the people who built this place to do something like that."
Burt waked around the room and examined all the equipment that was hanging from the walls, while being careful not to touch anything in case of curses.

There are four alcoves around the room. Starting from the left, the first contains a large staff. It is straight and narrow, of a pale blue color and the staff head takes the shape of an arcane snowflake. A cold mist swirls around it.

The second alcove holds an autumn red robe, with the insides a fiery orange. It is silky to the touch and decorated by flowery patterns of fire and light.

A curious amulet is on display in the third alcove. Several bands of rose-gold metal revolve around each other, an almost spherical diamond floating in the center. The outermost band has a chain of silver attached to it, with which it is hung in the alcove.

The fourth alcove holds a dagger in a glass case. The handle is roughly hewn wood, the blade looks to be the jawbone of some animal.

There are three chests. The one on the left looks old, its sturdy wood stained with age. The chest on the right seems much shinier, constructed of bright honeywood. It has a simple brass latch on it but its open. The chest in the center is made of steely-blue metal, and has a checkerboard pattern on it. A heavy padlock denies access to its contents.

Eyeing the chests very suspiciously, he gives the one to the right a solid jab with the end of his stick, testing for blunder traps, and other hazards.

There is no reaction from the chest.

Dixie looks around for small, wearable jewelry.

There is no wearable jewellery visible. The amulet might be worn using the chain, and the chests could contain jewellery but have not been opened yet.
:-(

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 04, 2020, 08:05:06 am »

I have had just about enough of this tower.

check out the ladder.

The ladder goes up through the ceiling. It is difficult to tell how high up it goes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 04, 2020, 08:06:13 am »

Jack contemplates claiming the frosty staff.

For now, carefully lifts the lid of the rightmost chest with the end of his walking stick.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 04, 2020, 08:09:56 am »

Jack contemplates claiming the frosty staff.

For now, carefully lifts the lid of the rightmost chest with the end of his walking stick.

One eye'd Jack opens the the right chest with his stick. It opens, nothing happens.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 04, 2020, 08:10:57 am »

"This dagger... hm. Primitive design. I bet it's enchanted though."

Dixie steers away from it for a second to check out the amulet, bumping it slightly with a finger to see if it's cursed.

If not, wear it and run mana diagnostics. As in... channel mana into it as usual.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 04, 2020, 08:11:27 am »

With the lid open, he peers inside.

After doing so, he repeats the process on the left most chest.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 04, 2020, 08:13:16 am »

Burt looks at the lock on the chest for a minute to try and determine if it can be broken by shooting or hitting it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 04, 2020, 08:34:28 am »

With the lid open, he peers inside.

Looking inside the right chest unveils several compartments, with various items stored in each. First is a piece of parchment, tied with a ribbon. Next is a strange trinket or charm of sorts, what looks like several small bones of various creatures mashed together. After that are five ordinary looking gems, uncut. In another are loose pages, with recipes for a potion or two inscribed on them. Some of the ingredients sound foreign so it might need consultation to figure out. The adjacent slot holds the dried tail of some reptilian creature, inside a silk bag. A straw-laden compartment holds three delicate looking vials, the size of a child's pinky finger. Inside each vial is a sliver of metal, or some other material, which changes its appearance slightly after several seconds of direct observation. The last drawer holds a chess piece, a black king. He has a very smug expression on his face.

Burt looks at the lock on the chest for a minute to try and determine if it can be broken by shooting or hitting it.

The lock looks solid. It has some glowing runes on it, suggesting an enchantment has been cast on it. The sides of the central chest have emblems on them, depicting The King and Queen pieces from Goblin Chess.

After doing so, he repeats the process on the left most chest.

The chest on the left doesn't have any lock on it, and is easily opened. A golden glow reveals a score of gold coins inside. A quick count reveals 250 coins, which are then distributed evenly among the party.

Everyone gains 25g.

"This dagger... hm. Primitive design. I bet it's enchanted though."

Dixie steers away from it for a second to check out the amulet, bumping it slightly with a finger to see if it's cursed.

If not, wear it and run mana diagnostics. As in... channel mana into it as usual.

Dixie cautiously touches the amulet. Nothing happens. She dons the amulet and channels her mana through it. She vanishes instantly.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 04, 2020, 08:40:55 am »

Jack scowls at the black king piece. He would rather not touch it.

Takes the 5 gems, and the potion recipes. (he will share them with doak).

Heads into the alcove with the frost-staff.  Continues probing with his walking stick-- Attempts to safely dislodge the frost-staff from its display without touching it with anything but the end of the walking stick.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 04, 2020, 08:45:24 am »

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 09:22:38 am by The Centipede »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 04, 2020, 08:55:02 am »

"Well looks like this trip wasn't a complete waste of time."

Burt then grabs the black king piece and looks at it for a second, then shoves it in his pocket.
"Smug little bastard."

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 04, 2020, 09:03:16 am »

Jack scowls at the black king piece. He would rather not touch it.

Takes the 5 gems, and the potion recipes. (he will share them with doak).

One Eye'd Jack gains 5 uncut gems, gains potion recipes.

Heads into the alcove with the frost-staff.  Continues probing with his walking stick-- Attempts to safely dislodge the frost-staff from its display without touching it with anything but the end of the walking stick.

The staff gets dislodged and falls to the ground, not quite reaching it but hovering slightly off the floor, the cold mist sweeping across the floor now.

"Oh crap, I'm invisible..."

Dixie stops channeling mana to see if the effect goes away.

If not, she taps mana into the amulet again.

Dixie reappears in the room. She's standing next to Doctor Doak, who was inspecting the ladder in the middle of the room.

Dixie gained Amulet of Teleportation.
Can be used to teleport to any tile on combat map. Needs to be recharged after use, so maybe be used once every 3 combat scenarios.

"Well looks like this trip wasn't a complete waste of time."

Burt then grabs the black king piece and looks at it for a second, then shoves it in his pocket.
"Smug little bastard."

Burt gained King's Gambit.

Can be used to summon a pawn during combat, once per each fight. The pawn is placed on a random tile. Any damage the summoner takes is redirected to the pawn. The pawn has 75 HP. However if the pawn is attacked directly it is destroyed instantly.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 142