Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119872 times)

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #720 on: February 26, 2020, 08:16:22 am »

"Let her be Mister Tincan. Don't force someone if they don't want to. As I told to everyone, we will do split up.

The others will go back if they want to and the rest who are willing to proceed will stay." Laemmle replied on Ironclad Slayer.

"Linea. Can you wait others who willing to go back?

It will be dangerous to go back alone." Laemmle asked her.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:18:09 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 26, 2020, 08:22:38 am »

"Hey you guys do whatever I'm staying here, and I'm gonna look around in that room the old doctor opened."
Burt goes into the room the old doctor is in and looks around and sees if there's any valuables sitting around that others missed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 26, 2020, 10:38:39 am »

"Hey you guys do whatever I'm staying here, and I'm gonna look around in that room the old doctor opened."
Burt goes into the room the old doctor is in and looks around and sees if there's any valuables sitting around that others missed.

Doctor Doak has already taken the discarded leather pouch and obtained its contents. The only thing not nailed down and still intact is the jar inside the smashed cylinder. It doesn't trigger Burt's Paranoia, so it might be safe to retrieve.
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 26, 2020, 08:25:06 pm »

By the time he had shuffled up there, the hot-headed deer fellow had already gone inside the curiously cramped-yet-spacious room the doctor had revealed. His back hurt enough already, he did not fancy being hunched over in there rummaging through shelves that had items bolted in place on them. Whatever purpose this room served, it was beyond his understanding. He disliked being inside an enclosed space like this tower, even with its tall roof-- Let alone being stuffed in a place with a low ceiling, should things go sideways.  He elected to just watch through the door.

The doctor was waaaaay in the back of the secreted chamber, systematically checking every shelf, while Burt was eyeing some strange and clearly magical contraption that was clearly the source of the light flicking from the room. It was a tall glass tube, attached to the floor and roof of the small room, with the center shattered. Inside was a smaller glass container, with lightning trapped inside it, seemingly powering the larger device. He just raised an eyebrow silently, and backed up as the deer-headed fellow brazenly extracted the thing from the broken wreck of glass it was ensconced in.  As soon as it was pulled, the crackling and popping of the wire exposed from the wall ceased, and with it, what little light there was in the room, aside from what the smaller jar itself was putting out.  He heard Doak stub his toe in the sudden darkness, and decided he did not want to witness any more.

He resumed his wall-hugging, and floor tapping, feeling his way past the now inactive wires in the near total darkness at this end of the room, sploshing through the shallow puddle of 'whatever' that stuff was, until he suddenly ran out of wall and ran into an ascending stair.

He considered going up, but decided against it.  He should be very close to the inactive artifact that had been seen early on. He figured with whatever lighting contraption having been pulled, it was probably well and truly inactive now for sure, and began feeling for it in the dark.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 26, 2020, 09:51:08 pm »

Spoiler: Lucy (click to show/hide)
She squeezed his hand back in response. One could feel it shivering slightly, due to either exhaustion or anger.

Calming down, she brushed her hair to the sides and behind her eyes to clear her sight, staring at Lucy as he smiled, then turned to the stairs leading up. "But before that..."
I have a YouTube channel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 26, 2020, 10:26:57 pm »

Take some of the scrap metal from the hidden room, use it to craft some more ammunition for my crossbow while we decide what we’re doing.

While he is working on some bolts, he absently thinking about the liquid on the floor, and the tattered journal he found.

He stops and looks at the stairs down the way, muttering to himself.

The Goblin..?

He shrugs and continues his work.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 26, 2020, 11:20:39 pm »

He resumed his wall-hugging, and floor tapping, feeling his way past the now inactive wires in the near total darkness at this end of the room, sploshing through the shallow puddle of 'whatever' that stuff was, until he suddenly ran out of wall and ran into an ascending stair.

He considered going up, but decided against it.  He should be very close to the inactive artifact that had been seen early on. He figured with whatever lighting contraption having been pulled, it was probably well and truly inactive now for sure, and began feeling for it in the dark.
Examining the inactive artifact, Jack discerns that it can be safely handled from up close.

The artifact appears to be a magical orb resting on a pedestal, with a trigger mechanism installed somewhere in between. The trigger mechanism looks to be broken, which explains why the device did not fire upon the party, but the orb itself looks to be in fairly good condition. Jack is able to remove the orb from the rest of the artifact, holding it in his hand and studying it up close.

The object is just small enough to be cupped in one hand, and surprisingly weightless for its size. A dim purple swirl dances at the center of the orb beyond its translucent membrane, hinting at some kind of magical functionality. At the base of the orb is a circular socket made of an orange-colored metal, which was what originally attached the object to the trigger mechanism and the pedestal.

Perhaps with some engineering, the orb can be installed to a new trigger device, allowing the magical energy within the orb to flow into whatever device it is attached to at the press of the trigger.

[Jack obtains Magical Orb]
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 27, 2020, 03:09:33 am »

The doctor was waaaaay in the back of the secreted chamber, systematically checking every shelf, while Burt was eyeing some strange and clearly magical contraption that was clearly the source of the light flicking from the room. It was a tall glass tube, attached to the floor and roof of the small room, with the center shattered. Inside was a smaller glass container, with lightning trapped inside it, seemingly powering the larger device. He just raised an eyebrow silently, and backed up as the deer-headed fellow brazenly extracted the thing from the broken wreck of glass it was ensconced in.

Burt obtains Lightning-In-A-Bottle
Special Artifact: Deals 4 electric damage in addition to regular attack, gain resistance to electric attacks. has a chance to paralyze foes when attacked.
Can be used outside of combat, and combined with other items.

Take some of the scrap metal from the hidden room, use it to craft some more ammunition for my crossbow while we decide what we’re doing.

Doctor Doak crafted 15 scrappy metal bolts (+6 damage compared to wooden bolts).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 03:20:36 am by Frank »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 27, 2020, 05:27:12 am »

"Hey guys I found some lighting in a jar, I'm gonna try to make a weapon out of it."
Gather some of the random bits of metal and wires from the broken devices.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 27, 2020, 06:15:12 am »

"Hey guys I found some lighting in a jar, I'm gonna try to make a weapon out of it."
Gather some of the random bits of metal and wires from the broken devices.

Burt obtains various bits of metal and wires from the broken devices.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 27, 2020, 07:02:11 am »

"Let her be Mister Tincan. Don't force someone if they don't want to. As I told to everyone, we will do split up.

The others will go back if they want to and the rest who are willing to proceed will stay." Laemmle replied on Ironclad Slayer.

"Linea. Can you wait others who willing to go back?

It will be dangerous to go back alone." Laemmle asked her.
Although Pancake lady made sense, he just feels something isn't right, and with her leaving, they take even more casualties, or worse, she will be the casualty as she tries to go back with no one but herself.

"Look..." The ironclad slayer inched closer. "I know that this for you, going deeper into this tower is fruitless for your rescue mission but the rest of us have a duty here."

"Our duty here is to find out what makes the animals in the forest very hostile and aggressive," he inched closer.

"And kill greenskins." He said under his breath.

"You saw it yourself. The happenings here is no longer normal. The creatures... they have mutated to something more sinister, and if we can't stop it now, the odds of you finding where your 'missing' mates will be nigh impossible. You heard what the townsfolk said these creatures had become stronger, coordinated, and vicious." He is only a few steps from Linea now. "We promised to help you find your mates, but it would be difficult for us to help you if you won't help us as well, especially when the creatures running rampant are becoming increasingly dangerous by the day."

The ironclad slayer extended his hand. "What do you say, Linea Starboard, ain't that a reasonable goal to help us?"

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 27, 2020, 08:26:47 am »

Although Pancake lady made sense, he just feels something isn't right, and with her leaving, they take even more casualties, or worse, she will be the casualty as she tries to go back with no one but herself.

"Look..." The ironclad slayer inched closer. "I know that this for you, going deeper into this tower is fruitless for your rescue mission but the rest of us have a duty here."

"Our duty here is to find out what makes the animals in the forest very hostile and aggressive," he inched closer.

"And kill greenskins." He said under his breath.

"You saw it yourself. The happenings here is no longer normal. The creatures... they have mutated to something more sinister, and if we can't stop it now, the odds of you finding where your 'missing' mates will be nigh impossible. You heard what the townsfolk said these creatures had become stronger, coordinated, and vicious." He is only a few steps from Linea now. "We promised to help you find your mates, but it would be difficult for us to help you if you won't help us as well, especially when the creatures running rampant are becoming increasingly dangerous by the day."

The ironclad slayer extended his hand. "What do you say, Linea Starboard, ain't that a reasonable goal to help us?"

Linea shook her head. "Don't say things as if this is my responsibility. I am not a-"

Suddenly stopped, a critical question arose in her mind. Then what was her responsibility? Finding the missing agent. Yes, it was her mission. What about her responsibility as a member of CSA?

Helping others?
Sounds silly, that was not an elite agent like her are tasked for.

Yes CSA existed to make the world a better place, it was a noble goal and she took that to heart like any other agent, but it wasn't supposed to be like this; hunting beast in a middle of nowhere, clearing a dilapidated fortress like a common adventurer.

Would she say that in front of her mentor?

Maybe the only trait of her mentor that she didn't really fond of was her selflessness. Jazdia, de jure leader of CSA accepting a guild quest, helping townsfolk to clear their forest, and subjugate monster so people who often view CSA in a negative prejudice can sleep soundly.

What was she doing that for?

Reputation? While many kings ruling in fear under her thumb?

A thrill? For a person who prefers to manage a fancy restaurant?

Wealth and fame? ...don't even think about it.

And what about her? Why did she take this mission? Was it really to help people who were not even her acquaintance? No. She did it so she can earn acknowledgment from the dear mentor. Not so very noble, wasn't it?
The iron-clad slayer extended his hand, but Linea disregarded his gesture and inched back to lean against the wall.

"Not so very convincing, aren't you? I am not that stupid wandering in that vile forest alone in the dark. And you can't guarantee the madness will stop after we cleared this tower."

She opened her thermos and gulped her slightly-warmed tea like someone parched.

"And the assistance you promised... it's not really reassuring. You know that, right?"

"My mentor, she will certainly help you, but you know they said a disciple can't forever mimic their mentor." Linea let out a sigh and put her termos back into her bag.

"What the hell. I will help. Because that's what my mentor would do and I am not yet ready to break away from her shadow. Just let me rest for a little bit more."

Linea stayed with the team and ready to move to the next area whenever everyone ready.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 27, 2020, 09:49:52 am »

"I bet I could make something cool with all this crap."

Burt then sits on the ground and starts messing around with the bits of scrap and wires he just picked up and begins working on the little pieces of metal attaching them to his sword then eventually attaching some of the wires to the sword then the other ends to the lightning jar.

Burt uses the bits of scrap metal, wires, the lightning-in-a-bottle, and his short sword to create what hopefully ends up being a shock or Lightning or something kind of magical sword.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 27, 2020, 10:08:16 am »

Burt uses the bits of scrap metal, wires, the lightning-in-a-bottle, and his short sword to create what hopefully ends up being a shock or Lightning or something kind of magical sword.

Burt passes some wires through the inside of the jar, then wraps them around his sword. The jar is wound with more wire and bits of metal and perched precariously on top of the hilt. The result is a weapon that poses as great a threat to the wielder as it does to those on the opposing end of the blade.

Burt's sword will now deal the entirety of its damage as electric damage. However the weapon may not function safely in its current form for long. Lightning-In-A-Bottle can be detached from the sword at any time and repurposed by someone more adept at the process.

Linea stayed with the team and ready to move to the next area whenever everyone ready.

At the end of the room are the next set of doors. Or what’s left of a set of doors. One of them is swinging from an invisible hinge, the other has been reduced to splinters, both have burn marks on them and the wood has been charred in places.

A revolving staircase can be seen through the doorway.

Climbing up slowly restores light to the surroundings. The bird chirps and insect hums of the forest have been replaced by the steadfast woosh of wind streaming outside, undeterred by any worldly concerns. The view outside is spectacular, showing the forest in every direction for miles, the trees rippling like the surface of a restless pond. A large lake can be made out, perhaps 10 leagues to their north.

Much further to the northeast, however, a vivid anomaly is visible. A patch of the forest is unnaturally colored, standing out from the vibrant green surrounding it. It is difficult to make it out from this height but the forest in this patch appears foul and rotten, the dark core a sickly grey and tendrils of this blight stretching out in every direction outwards, contrasting with the pristine forest.

The room on the next floor seems normal, much like it was on the two floors before the previous one. The garish decorations and lit torches have returned. A set of doors with sapphire handles awaits the party at the end of the hallway.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 28, 2020, 04:24:32 am »

"Great!" The ironclad slayer exclaimed. "Finally we reached the top."

"I swear to the gods, if this room is another trap room or puzzle room I would literally go back down just to hack down that damn mechanical goblin at the entrance." He rants.

"Everyone ready?" The ironclad slayer asked. When everyone seems to be ready atleast in his eyes, he kicked the door open. "Knock knock, greenskins!"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:44:40 am by invul_nerable »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 142