Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119999 times)

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #660 on: February 18, 2020, 12:59:25 am »

"You should." The ironclad slayer affirmed.

"I noticed you are getting pale," he said, "I suggest you take turns with elf girl."

"Everyone else, stay close, we need to do this carefully."

Just a simple torch, right?" Linea sighed, feeling a bit disappointed. Her eyes were slightly enchanted by her magical power so she had no problem looking in the dark. No, her vision was not as powerful as her mentor's ultravision, she might add. 

She reached one of her arrows and conjured a fire on its metal broadhead. For a second it was like a torch being light up, and then the fire quenched and absorbed by the arrow tip, changing its very material into an amber-like crystal that glows brightly.

"Here," said Linea, (not so dangerously) waving the arrow like a flashlight. Both using her magic to enhance her vision and this spell cost the same for her, but what the hell. We are a team, right?

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2020, 01:03:37 am »

The smothering darkness was beaten back, up to a certain point. It was as if something was devouring the light when it got far enough. A few paces were lit up, but certainly nowhere as much as it should.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2020, 01:23:22 am »

The smothering darkness was beaten back, up to a certain point. It was as if something was devouring the light when it got far enough. A few paces were lit up, but certainly nowhere as much as it should.
"Heh, strange, I was expecting a witch waiting for us and snickering. Anyone be on guard! My arrow can only lit what is in front of us, not around us."

Still no reading, and the front coast seemed clear as far as the light from her flashlight can go.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 01:26:41 am by Slyph »

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 18, 2020, 01:34:12 am »

"I guess that works too." The ironclad slayer says.

"You and Pancake lady should take point.  I'll guard acrobat girl," the slayer looked at Maslarien. "Lion boi, I guess you guard the white man(Doctor Doak)," he looks at Burt. "And deer head. I guess you stay close to Giant spider dude(Dularach) or Lady Fortuneteller"

"Keep an eye to your partners, especially you Hobo." The slayer looks at the agitated One-eyed hobo, "Mama needs you more than ever."

"I suggest we stick near the walls so our enemies can't attack us from behind," the Ironclad slayer looks around. "Anymore suggestions? If everything is clear, let's move."

GSH follows where Dixie moves(1AP)
Attack if an enemy shows(1AP)
Use Defend(1AP)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 01:45:02 am by invul_nerable »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 18, 2020, 01:44:03 am »

In the dim light, Jack could make out Mama's face. His sense of danger was overlaid with irrational fear and panic, which was taking all his will to beat back. He REALLY did not like being here.

Mama nudged him, and licked his hand, and for a fleeting moment, the dread of this room seemed to lift, even if the blackness did not. She was trying to get his attention, so he let her in as he gazed into the tiny twinkles of reflection her eyes made in the failing light.

She was full of confusion, curiosity and concern, but not so much fear. She wanted to know why he was overwhelmed with so much fear; there was nothing here to warrant it.  He reminded her that his nose was terrible, and about how his eye was very good, which is how he got by.  Realization dawned on her, as the confusion and worry gave way to understanding, and an almost maternal instinct. She radiated irony that she was helping her human with his problems, instead of the other way around. He felt it was the closest thing to dark humor she was capable of.  He responded with a more complex message-- Mock 'dread' at the idea of finding out what she would want from him for the trouble later, to which the answer was even more darkly humorous-- "depends on how much trouble this is."

He just hoped whatever was in that darkness just outside the dim orange light Elf-girl was shining around was just his imagination running wild.  He desperately hoped for that.  Mama thought he was being silly; Human minds, with all their many layered thoughts, and something as simple as darkness could turn him into a frightened cub.  With a combination of heavy irony, and a lot of "teasing", she affirmed that "mama" would take care of it for him.  He hated to admit it, but it was reassuring to feel her calmness and confidence, even if she really didn't want to be here either. They agreed to stay within the light, but to let the others go first. Mama started sniffing at the floor, and jack did his best to look for traps on each section of floor as they moved.

He tried to just listen; Sometimes in the dark, you can learn a bit about the environment by listening, but all he could really hear was an intermittent popping noise, barely within hearing, and the echoing sounds of other people talking and scuffling their boots on the polished stone flooring. He didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2020, 02:10:08 am »

Spoiler: Updated map (click to show/hide)
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2020, 03:58:35 am »

Maslarein blinked. He kinda spaced out when the puzzles started appearing, and now everyone was in a really dark room. Huh... He should probably ask what he’d missed while spaced out... Nah, He’s sure it wasn’t anything important.

HaHa! Yes! I shall... Uh...Follow Along! With Everyone Else! HaHa!

He pointed his sword forwards, looking confident despite the fact he had no idea what was happening. He raised his shield and moved towards the front of the group, not really knowing what else to do.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 04:02:23 am by LovecraftianFairyTale »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2020, 04:04:29 am »

"No... Hold on."

■ Dixie throws one Fireball towards the far, unavoidably dark corner of the room.
■ If a hostile appears or is revealed, consume EVERY 1 AP left to Dual-Wield Fireball ×2 the enemies
I have a YouTube channel.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2020, 05:11:33 am »

"No... Hold on."

■ Dixie throws one Fireball towards the far, unavoidably dark corner of the room.
■ If a hostile appears or is revealed, consume EVERY 1 AP left to Dual-Wield Fireball ×2 the enemies

Dixie's Fireball zips across the room, barely lighting up the path it takes before ultimately hitting a wall on the other side of the room. The impact of the blast was muted, as if it came from somewhere ten times as far. As the light from the fireball fades, a glimpse of some kind of strange-looking artifact near the wall could be momentarily seen.

Spoiler: Updated Map (click to show/hide)
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2020, 05:12:23 am »

Maslarein blinked. He kinda spaced out when the puzzles started appearing, and now everyone was in a really dark room. Huh... He should probably ask what he’d missed while spaced out... Nah, He’s sure it wasn’t anything important.

HaHa! Yes! I shall... Uh...Follow Along! With Everyone Else! HaHa!

He pointed his sword forwards, looking confident despite the fact he had no idea what was happening. He raised his shield and moved towards the front of the group, not really knowing what else to do.
The ironclad slayer stopped Maslarien before he ecan move any further. "No, the old white man remember, stick with him and protect him. We will compete as to who is the better protector this time. Whoever kills a AND protected his partner wins."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 18, 2020, 05:15:56 am »

"Huh... What was that... "

Dixie slowly walks towards the artifact, ignoring their tanks' blabbering while she sent out waves of fire to illuminate the sides.
I have a YouTube channel.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 18, 2020, 05:31:26 am »

"While you are scanning with your magical eyes. Let me be your sword and shield for your protection." Laemmle said and smile to Linea. Unsheathe her sword and ready her shield to guard for their defensive around the two.

Laemmle spawn at Linea's tile. Being her Protector and autocombat in Defensive Play.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 18, 2020, 05:32:08 am »

The ironclad slayer stopped Maslarien before he ecan move any further. "No, the old white man remember, stick with him and protect him. We will compete as to who is the better protector this time. Whoever kills a AND protected his partner wins."
Maslarein scratched his mane with his shield hand, a rare display of him thinking for once. His thoughts weren’t particularly Wise, but it’s a start. “Hm... Alright Then! I Accept Your Challenge! I Shall Protect the Most Defenseless Member of our Party! And Everyone Near Him, Too! HaHa!

Maslarein stood in front of Smart Person (Dr. Doak), and used Protect. If Dr. Doak isn’t on this floor, then he’ll stand in front of the stairs (R4).

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 18, 2020, 06:25:24 am »

"While you are scanning with your magical eyes. Let me be your sword and shield for your protection." Laemmle said and smile to Linea. Unsheathe her sword and ready her shield to guard for their defensive around the two.

Laemmle spawn at Linea's tile. Being her Protector and autocombat in Defensive Play.
"I have no magical eyes, nor something like elf-eyes." Linea grumbled, the last thing she needed was someone reminding her about the ability she would never ever master.

"Well, get on with it, just don't go too near to my arrow."

Linea deactivated the playbook and moved to K5. Weapons ready. Agile activated
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 08:44:52 am by Slyph »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2020, 08:46:04 am »

Maslarein scratched his mane with his shield hand, a rare display of him thinking for once. His thoughts weren’t particularly Wise, but it’s a start. “Hm... Alright Then! I Accept Your Challenge! I Shall Protect the Most Defenseless Member of our Party! And Everyone Near Him, Too! HaHa!

Maslarein stood in front of Smart Person (Dr. Doak), and used Protect. If Dr. Doak isn’t on this floor, then he’ll stand in front of the stairs (R4).

Doctor Doak squints into the otherworldly darkness, noting the electrical cables.

He ignores Maslarein’s comments, but stands next to him anyway.

Spawn at R4, Defend.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 142