Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120194 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #480 on: February 11, 2020, 08:59:16 am »

"I've healed it, of course. I haven't checked if it scarred though, but if it did, then... might be an interesting story to recall in the future."

She looked at the distance for a second. "No. No, it's not."

She then sat up and slowly unbuckled the top half of her leather armor, then lifted her sweater up to reveal her waist and belly.

"No scars."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:24:30 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 11, 2020, 09:05:46 am »

"You don't have to be shy or ashamed. It's normal." He pointed Maslarien  "Lionboi there had an entire harem for himself, but he left his pride because he wants to see beyond his safari homeland"

Maslarein wasn’t sure what this conversation was. What’s Armoured Comrade talking about? Something involving Old Bear Man and Bear? And why did he mention Maslarein’s old... oh. OH. THAT’S what Armour Friend is implying.

I... Um... Am Staying Out of This Conversation! HaHa!

Maslarein laid down, covered his ears, and tried to fake sleeping. Key word being tried. He’s still obviously awake. But he really wishes he wasn’t.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 11, 2020, 09:29:51 am »

Laemmle rolled down her bed roll. Stripped her armor and place it with her weapons beside her. Her position is nearby the camp fire.

Seeing her with a young angelic look sleeping on public. Couldn't hear her breathe as she is on soft breathe.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 11, 2020, 09:42:38 am »

"This whole thing is starting to seem like more trouble than its worth, I mean it probably be easier to ditch the town an move somewhere else than deal with weird plants that turn people into tree things." He then stood there for a second looking at how everyone was getting ready for bed and said, "How come no one else took one of the tents, I mean I took one as I was under the impression that the tents were part of the gear they gave us to use or did people burn them down before anyone could take one?"

After saying that and standing around for a bit longer he went and setup the tent and fell asleep inside holding his rifle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 11, 2020, 09:46:55 am »

Jack was getting very bothered by this conversation.

Naw LISTEN'ERE--- While I won' deny that ol' one eye's a spen' a LOT a time alone and such, it DON' MEAN he goes a forcin' little forest critters ta do..... THANGS.... --The critters is free ta do what'er they wan', and this old [expletive deleted] don' control em in ANY WAY-- and tha' includes Mama too! She' her OWN THANG-- She do what'er she wants, I just asks nicely, and is polite an' social. Dunno what ye got in yer head boy, but ye gotta stop keepin yer min' in t'e gutter. Gits all full of nasty down there.  Now-- If'n I can trus' you two not ta wake the dead being foolish and what not-- What with all that talk a "Sparrin" and [expletive deleted], I'ma goin back ta bed!

Jack was not sure he had ever felt so embarrassed in his life. His cheeks felt like they were on fire, and so did his ears.  Muttering profanities and curses, he shuffled back into the gloom.

Back where Mama was sprawled out on the ground, he leaned against the tree, and tried to collect himself. 
The hell's wrong with kids -ese days... he thought to himself, before sucking in a deep breath, blowing it out again, and then crawling back up close to mama.

She had apparently been waiting on him impatiently, because she immediately rolled onto and pinned him down again before staring him in the face.

She radiated curiosity and impatience-- "what took so long?" and "What were you doing (over there)?" mingled with "I heard you (growling)" and "Saw your (fire-shadow)".

She squeezed and squished him with her arms, pinning him tighter.

He was so damned embarrassed and flustered, he couldnt properly blank his mind to make a response, nor control what was being shared.

Mama snorted, then breathed heavily into his face. A collage of amusement, interest, and ornery humor blasted back. ("Maybe not a bad idea").

Jack rolled his eye back in his head, and just sighed, and resigned himself to this fate.  Mama licked his face, and nuzzled him wickedly.

He wondered how he got into this mess, while idly rubbing Mama's ears.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 10:09:24 am by wierd »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 11, 2020, 10:37:05 am »

"I've healed it, of course. I haven't checked if it scarred though, but if it did, then... might be an interesting story to recall in the future."

She looked at the distance for a second. "No. No, it's not."

She then sat up and slowly unbuckled the top half of her leather armor, then lifted her sweater up to reveal her waist and belly.

"No scars."
"Good for you."

He patted Dixie by the shoulder.

"Get some rest, you've worked hard. I'll be dissecting the creatures tonight."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 11, 2020, 10:51:46 am »

No reaction? Is it not my body that he's after?

"Are you not gonna sleep?"  Dixie asks, while looking at Lucy for a moment while fixing her shirt and armor, before turning her attention to how to the side locks of her leather armor snap again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 10:53:30 am by The Centipede »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 11, 2020, 11:22:28 am »

No reaction? Is it not my body that he's after?

"Are you not gonna sleep?"  Dixie asks, while looking at Lucy for a moment while fixing her shirt and armor, before turning her attention to how to the side locks of her leather armor snap again.
"I'll join you later, dear." He gave the shoulder a squeeze. "Dont go anywhere, alright?"

He leaned in for a moment, their eyes only inches apart before Lucy smiled and got up.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 11, 2020, 11:24:15 am »

Linea just sat near the campfire, partially listening to what others had to say while resting her back against a tree. Fire gave her the warmth she needed, not only to combat the chilling air of the night but also to recharge her magic. Her shoulder was still hurt a bit, even after being 'healed' by that Lucy character. Though, that should be enough to let her use her bow without hindrance.

Everyone was still alive. That was a relief on its own. Although she still prefer going back to the village rather than camping in this forest. There just something not right... how could she sleep in this condition? In this place? In the very place where evil just caught her off guard a few hours ago?

Linea stared at the campfire. It, again, gave her some amount of comfort, but still not enough to give her a sufficient feeling of security. Perhaps she would sleep soundly this night if only this whole forest was on fire.

By her own fire.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 11, 2020, 05:00:48 pm »

Dixie's cheeks reddened as they stared at each other, realizing he called her 'dear'. Are they really at that level already? Is Dixie making herself too easy? Is Lucy a mind-reader? Thoughts racing in her head while she was alone on the half-folded mattress, sitting there, letting a certain heat take over.

He might have made it a little harder for Dixie to sleep.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 11, 2020, 07:36:36 pm »

The night passed uneventfully. No sign of unusual critters or twisted creatures through the night.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 11, 2020, 09:09:31 pm »

There were several things stuck on makeshift wooden skewer atop a rock placed over the campfire charcoal, seemingly have been roasting for a while. They looked like a giant mix of crab and lobster, the shell on the back cut open and cleaned. Not counting the legs, it's as big as a very bulky forearm each.

There were six of them, three roasting and three put aside. About the right size for the bladed gliders, minus the gliding membrane.

...and the smell was sinfully good.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:43:09 pm by A5G_Reaper »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 11, 2020, 09:51:22 pm »

Eyes open closely. Her position prevents getting absolutely blinded by the sun early in the morning, so that's good.
... There's something beside her. She turned her gaze, and it's that familiar white head of hair on the clearly older man she's been infatuated with lately. His hands kept to himself, clasped together.

She gently lay her head onto Lucy's shoulder, waiting for him to wake up.

Sniff. Is that roasted meat?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 10:21:20 pm by The Centipede »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 11, 2020, 11:01:57 pm »

It only took a few more minutes before Lucy roused, his presence momentarily thinning before returning to normal. Then there was a few more minutes of peaceful silence before he spoke up.

"Slept well?"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 11, 2020, 11:08:02 pm »

Jack awoke in a now altogether too consistent way, just this time with sunlight glinting in, instead of moonlight.  He really needed to talk to Mama about this sudden possessiveness of hers.... Before she broke his back, or worse, drug him off into some hole in the night then refusing to let him out.  His traveling companions were already getting some very ... Peculiar... notions about him that were sure to cause trouble later if it wasn't stopped.. He just had no idea how to successfully broach the topic with her.

Which would be especially difficult, with her literally on top of him.

Which she was.   Again.

Really, it wasn't all THAT bad-- she WAS very warm, and it had completely stood in for the lack of a fire, there under the tree where the two had cozied down the day before.  He WAS very glad that he had the foresight to rake all the fallen leaves together there first though, otherwise mama would have crushed him, and getting up this morning would have been a lot less pleasant. (Not that waking up and sounding like popcorn during the morning stretch was particularly pleasant.)

There was a wafting smell of something vaguely crawfish scented wafting through with the woodsmoke. He was thankful mama was still asleep.  Trying to convince her that it would be impolite to steal whatever was cooking would be rough.

He yawned and stretched, feeling a few muscles pull in his back.  Mama shifted her weight a little, but her heavy head and neck were still heavy on his chest like a weighted blanket. She moaned in her sleep, and pawed at the ground on either side of him before slapping her jaw and licking at the air.  This was gonna be tedious.

He laid there a minute, trying to plan how to do this, before deciding that tact was probably not gonna work, and that he needed to be more direct. Wondering if this really was the best idea, or if it would get him another scar for his troubles, he leaned forward, and gave a loud smooch on the end of mama's sleeping muzzle, just between her nose and top lip, while scratching her favorite spot on the back of her head.

She awoke with a start, and looked at him in bewilderment.  Gotcha sweetness. he thought wryly to himself with a smirk. Maybe you will be more careful how close you put that pretty head next time.

He indulged in sharing his thoughts with her, but mostly because he was feeling ornery over being held prisoner in their bed all night. She was stunned and confused about what he had just done. He returned amusement, and wry satisfaction, before helping her to associate it with being equal to a good sloppy face lick in term of being a display of affection, before wishing her good morning, awash in ornery overtones. Rather than try to reason his way out of her possessiveness, like a human would with another human, he decided to fight fire with fire, and just be possessive and demanding right back.

She snorted and shook her head side to side, before raising it up and looking down at him confusedly.  He just kept smirking, and radiating orneriness at her after reestablishing eye contact, just before sitting up, and smooching her again.

She about fell over backward in surprised alarm at the unexpected advance, only being arrested by the tree behind her that they had been sleeping under.  It was all he could do not to bust out in laughter.  He kept the connection open the whole time-- stunned alarm and surprise was about all he could get from her.  He made an impression for her, drenched in irony--

"Stop struggling" with "warm", "soft", and "mine".

She responded with consternation, an irritation; "not funny" mixed with "not the same"

Jack was actively chuckling now. Lazily sat up, stretched, then crawled to be beside mama, as she practically backed up so close to the tree that she was almost climbing it backwards, looking at him like he had gone nuts.  He just did a nice, full body rub down her side, and plopped down beside her, before contacting again, feeding her acceptance, love, but keeping the ornery undertones and amusement. "Relax, not pushing. Just teasing", to which she relaxed a bit, but retorted with apprehension and suppressed shock; "Still not funny."

He nuzzled her, even though she was still put-out.  He did his best to construct a meaningful impression, that neither one truly owned the other, and that he would never try to own her, he just wanted her to understand how distressing getting those feelings can be. (though there were undercurrents in it, that he had permitted it last night, because it HAD been quite nice.)

She huffed, and after several moments of conflicting emotions and confusion, responded her agreement. He joined his with hers, before closing the connection, and gently hugging her forearm with one arm, while rubbing his cheek on her shoulder and scratching behind her ear with the other.

He felt this was about the best way this could have gone.  He knew he needed to get up and start looking for some food for her soon, but this moment of shared understanding and equality was nice.  He really liked this bear.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 142