Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120161 times)

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #450 on: February 10, 2020, 04:00:00 am »

"Mister deer head. I'm sorry but I'm going to dive into the Doctor's location. Please be careful." Laemmle said and then alert other range teammates with her hand sign to watch each other's back.

Laemmle run towards the Doctor's location. Slide to stop into his location, making her attention to the foe on its location and use guard for its incoming attacks.

"Doctor, please focus on offense. I'll do the defense~" Laemmle said to the Doctor.

Laemmle Move to V12 and Defend the tile.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:16:18 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 10, 2020, 08:04:47 am »

"Mister deer head. I'm sorry but I'm going to dive into the Doctor's location. Please be careful." Laemmle said and then alert other range teammates with her hand sign to watch each other's back.

Laemmle run towards the Doctor's location. Slide to stop into his location, making her attention to the foe on its location and use guard for its incoming attacks.

"Doctor, please focus on offense. I'll do the defense~" Laemmle said to the Doctor.

Laemmle Move to V12 and Defend the tile.

Doctor Doak nods.

Action amended.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 10, 2020, 08:08:05 am »

"Mister deer head. I'm sorry but I'm going to dive into the Doctor's location. Please be careful."
"What the hell are all these weird ass things, and I have a name and its Burt, and I still don't know who anyone else is."
Shoot creature G3 until it dies, if it dies or is already dead start shooting creature G6.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 10, 2020, 10:28:39 am »

Spoiler: "Players' Log" (click to show/hide)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 10, 2020, 10:43:39 am »

"Dead Gods." By the time anyone noticed that all hostiles have ceased life, Lucy could be found examining one of the mandibeast with great interest. "This place is growing more twisted by the day."

He's cutting through a detached wooden arm by the stump, the creature itself laying on the ground with sizeable portion missing from its torso. If anyone would be inclined to come closer, they'd see what exactly fascinated Lucy.

Underneath skin of bark and flesh of malleable wood, peeking below overlapping hairlike vines that simulated muscles, were remains of dessicated corpse. Human corpse.

"Nervous system intact. Actually, it's a lot stronger than normal. The rest of the body have more dead tissue than not... intriguing..."

He said to no one in particular, though neither did he keep his tone low.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 11:10:50 am by A5G_Reaper »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 10, 2020, 11:36:44 am »

Following the fight, the party searches through the mandibeast bodies, hoping to come across something useful. Not much of value remains, except for a decayed leather pouch slung around the neck of one of the human corpses. The insides reveal a lump of rock salt and a wolf fang, which may have been used as a protective talisman to ward off evil. It did little good for it's wearer, evidently. Looking around the area proves a bit more fruitful, the search resulting in a couple of alchemical plants.

Party gains 1 Rock Salt, 1 Wolf Fang, 1 Wolf Winterberry and 1 Blanketweed.

((These may be split among the party by themselves or, failing to reach a resolution, divided among potential party alchemists by GM.))
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 10, 2020, 12:53:00 pm »

Jack attended to Mama.  She had been gashed pretty hard from the surprise flush of creatures, and was more than a bit cross with him.

her thoughts kept revolving around "Should have run away" at him, every time he made contact.  She DID acknowledge bewilderment at destroying the creatures though.

That old goat of a man was busy cutting the things up.  Jack had more important things to do.  He had no water to make potions with, so he hoped a substitution would work.  Hunting among the trees and bushes, he found what he was looking for.

Wild grape vines are mostly useless for producing fruit, especially this early in the year. What they were fantastic for though, was providing a potable water-like beverage; the plant's root systems were powerful, and could suck a significant amount of moisture from the soil, and pump it through its long sprawling vine network. Slicing one of the vines near the trunk of the system would produce a powerful flow of thin, watery sap. Enough to fill several water vessels before the plant's natural defenses would turn off the flow, and that is exactly what he did.

Using his knapped flint knife, he carefully cut through the tough vine until it began to drip, then placed the largest of his scavenged bottles under it, and collected a good liter of liquid after about an hour.  The time between he spent scavenging for more medicinal plants.

Mama had found a good place to lay down and rest while the rest of the adventuring party bickered and argued over who's fault it was this had gone south so fast.  He knew exactly who's fault it was, and frankly-- he was pissed about it.  Mostly though, he was very torn up inside that mama had gotten hurt defending him-- Right in front of his very face.  It wasn't supposed to be like that. Not at all.  The best he could do now was try to attend to her injuries.

Using the "water" and the Shichetta leaves in his pack, he produces 2 small healing potions.  He administered one to Mama, and placed the other in his sack.

After the old goat had finished examining the strange man-shaped wood creatures, Jack approached the now dissected corpse.  What he saw disturbed him.  This was not how nature had welcomed HIM, and whatever was responsible for this, clearly had a greater distaste for humans than it did for the animals of the forest.  That he could understand, but going this far was simply wrong. He wondered if the creatures still had human minds inside, or if whatever had twisted them in this way had robbed them of that too. It was one thing to choose to integrate with nature, as he had done years ago-- It was another entirely to forcibly convert a person.  That was a violation, no matter who did it, or why.

The presence of this corpse made him very ill for another reason.  It partially substantiated the silent fear that had been nagging at him, when he learned of the plant contagion that had been afflicting mama. He had worried that it could affect humans too. And this looked like proof of at least a similar contagion, affecting humans.  This wood was very dangerous indeed.

He returned to Mama, as she was dozing under the shade of one of the nearby trees, the potion he had given her doing its work. She was less crabby now that her face did not sting from the wounds she had suffered. He nestled in beside her, and snuggled in for comfort.  After seeing all this today, he needed it.  She seemed to comprehend his state of mind even without being contacted, because she adjusted enough to let him get under her heavy fore-arm, where she gently wrapped him, and started licking the top of his head.

He wasnt sure he had the heart to tell her about what he had just observed with her "forces of nature."  He was just glad that free humans were still dangerous enough to resist such a thing.  To him, it was a perversion of everything that was right. Whatever was behind this, had a great many sins to atone for.

A great many.

For now though, They were alive, and safe, and he permitted himself to just enjoy this time, just being beside her, listening as the birds started to sing again, and to the sound of the breeze whooshing through the branches overhead.

He stayed there, until the group decided to move.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 01:22:21 pm by wierd »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 10, 2020, 02:05:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alchemy successfully carried out.

Lost 2 Shichetta, gained 2 Small Healing Potions.

Used 1 Small Healing Potion on Mama Bear, restoring current HP from 150/200 to 190/200.

2 Small Healing Potions remain.
:-(

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 10, 2020, 05:03:21 pm »

"Well, that was disturbing; anyone need healing?"

Placing the severed arm back, Lucy turned to check on the party.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 10, 2020, 06:44:31 pm »

"I--- dont think we can proceed" the ironclad slayer looked at his wounded allies. "I know, I know. I am partly to be blamed for this, I should've not gone too reckless--" he scratched his helmet "I should've not underestimated the enemy."

"Anyway, if someone, anyone needs help. I will gladly assist."

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 10, 2020, 07:29:13 pm »

"I--- dont think we can proceed" the ironclad slayer looked at his wounded allies. "I know, I know. I am partly to be blamed for this, I should've not gone too reckless--" he scratched his helmet "I should've not underestimated the enemy."

Laemmle coming towards to Ironclad Slayer. Instead of charging him with hug as like she worry before, a dash kick landed into his torso sending him into ground.

"Frontliners might be taking the point but not that too far from the team! You just killing yourself and affected some of our teammates! I dont care if you managely able to toe to toe that thing but what about next time, when your luck runs out got killed with you recklessness!" She shouted Ironclad Slayer.

"Same to you Lionman!" Changed to Maslarein referring same scold for Ironclad Slayer.

"It making me feel much worry to you guys..." She continued with lesser time tone with a feel of worrying, looking the two hotheads with calmer look. Giving the Ironclad Slayer a hand to stand up.

She then leave from the two's sight checking others condition. Letting Lucy do his job for wounded hotheaded.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 10, 2020, 07:37:23 pm »

"You need help, before anyone else. Sit, and dont resist. Dont move either, or I'll have to use the needle-"

Some vaguely blue blur came up and kicked the wounded man hard enough to knock him down, before giving him an earful. Lucy sighed, mentally calculating the extra repairs he'll need to do as he waited for the nagging to end.

"Done? As I were saying, dont move. While I doubt you even can, you best not try to. Agreed? Now let's patch you up before you rupture something important in there."

The foot-long needle that Lucy waved in the holocaust's face was brooking no objection as he's coerced to just lay down where he fell. Only then the sheer amount of injuries was apparent, both adrenaline and Maslarein's reassurance wearing off.

The armor pieces were stripped off smoothly, some dented so bad that hairline cracks spread from them. Gashes and punctures that only recently stopped bleeding littered the body, made better by a potion but not up to standard. Well, Lucy's standard, at any rate.

The paddings around the wounds were spread away by the magical tendrils, dirt and clotted blood picked off with mechanical efficiency. The reopened wound bleed again but the blood flowed following invisible veins that deposited them at the other side of the wound, not the slightest bit spilled out. Torn flesh were returned in shape, dead ones cut off and any missing segment regrown with magic. The tendrils also invaded inside, scanning for internal injuries and mending them back in shape.

Within moments open wounds changed into spotless skin, and any bruise slowly receded into the normal color. From afar it would be difficult to see anything but occasional gleam of white light.

"One done... several left. Where's that lion man?"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:13:00 pm by A5G_Reaper »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 10, 2020, 08:43:18 pm »

Dixie drops down from the tree on all fours, her hands still sizzling from all the fires she shot out, and two deep cuts on her chest. She sat up, her back slumping on that same tree, hidden from everyone else's sight, healing herself as slowly as her mana's regenerating, until none but a scar remained.

No organs damaged. No need for Lucy to get involved. She estimates she's at 65% of her reserves left, which should still be enough for the next round of hostiles, but they seem to be talking about stopping here...

No way. They've only almost died because of the recklessness of those two. The rest shouldn't be as deadly as these, right?

Dixie walked from the shade of the tree she was under and to the north of the wide middle passage. She stopped and looked behind her. "Come on. We've only just begun."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:22:00 pm by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 10, 2020, 08:51:50 pm »

-snip-

To southeast lays the village. To northwest, a vague outline of a tower could be seen among the mist and treeline. On other sides, more greenery. There didn't seem to be any sign of corruption in all direction.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:05:55 pm by A5G_Reaper »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 10, 2020, 08:55:27 pm »

-snip-

"That wounds need seeing to, young lady. I'll be with you momentarily. It's also getting late, I suggest camping here and continue tomorrow."

Lucy quipped from his spot, jabbing the needle to the back of Maslarein's neck and directly sedate him through his spine since the lion-headed man just cant stay still for treatment.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:05:30 pm by A5G_Reaper »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 142